Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

imarche

Berlin Marathon 2016

I recalled the ballot has been announced already and this is also one World Marathon Majors with a quite flat race route, good for personal records.

Does anyone know who hangs the Singapore Flag on the fence at the Yorckstraße Station last year? Not going to register for this year's marathon.

17 hours ago, wolverinn said:

I got in but not sure if I can make it for the race. Anyone else going?

you went for 2015.. and you got in ballot again for 2016.... nice.... wanted to go but ddint plan ahead so didnt ballot...

Hi All,

Just did the BM2016 last week. Really nice friendly course. Flat or relatively flat. Scenic and historical. Start at 930am 15°C. Finish at 2pm 20°C. Very nice. The Ethiopian just shy of the WR by 6 seconds. Adidas marked the route with three blue stripes (at intervals). Follow the line and you won't run extra. Very nice experience. Different from Tokyo but it is a major European style. I recommend that runners should try to ballot for it. You will definitely do your PB there. Cheers.

image1.JPG

lokey, well done and congratulations for completing the Berlin Marathon!!! Your shot of the Brandenburg Gate brings back nice memories of my time in Berlin many years ago. I'll definitely want to return there to run a marathon some day.

Thanks Jerry. Yes turning into the Brandenburg Gate was a surreal hair raising moment. So cool. The other was the Breakfast run on Saturday, entering the Olympic Stadium was surreal too. The place where Jessie Owens beat all the white man in the 100m in front of Hitler. Hair standing moment.

3 hours ago, lokey said:

Hi All,

Just did the BM2016 last week. Really nice friendly course. Flat or relatively flat. Scenic and historical. Start at 930am 15°C. Finish at 2pm 20°C. Very nice. The Ethiopian just shy of the WR by 6 seconds. Adidas marked the route with three blue stripes (at intervals). Follow the line and you won't run extra. Very nice experience. Different from Tokyo but it is a major European style. I recommend that runners should try to ballot for it. You will definitely do your PB there. Cheers.

Great job Lokey! Sounds like Berlin is a roti prata flat course and the temperature is great for doing a run event :)

15 hours ago, lokey said:

Thanks Jerry. Yes turning into the Brandenburg Gate was a surreal hair raising moment. So cool. The other was the Breakfast run on Saturday, entering the Olympic Stadium was surreal too. The place where Jessie Owens beat all the white man in the 100m in front of Hitler. Hair standing moment.

you must have enjoyed the race very much..... nice experience and memories to stay within you for a long time.....