Sign in to follow this  
kjcweih

Running blog

Ah thanks! Good to know... there were lots of construction there 2014- early 2015. Glad to know that everything is more running friendly now!

May consider running that path soon. haha

1 hour ago, lazyitachi said:

Ah thanks! Good to know... there were lots of construction there 2014- early 2015. Glad to know that everything is more running friendly now!

May consider running that path soon. haha

Enjoy running there again! :) there's still some areas with traffic lights (eg river valley road) and minor constructions going on but overall we feel that it is a pretty good change from the usual training/races familiar ground haha.

12 hours ago, kjcweih said:

Thank you for your compliments :) when we were at the stadium, there was archery training going on so part of the track was blocked off. Seemed to be a norm 

yes, they practiced at the straight lanes nearer to the stands... it makes sense also for security of runners... i am sure even if the tracks are opened, no one would dare to run around there...hahah.....

We are back again with another running route suggestion blog post, but this time round being a much more familiar ground for most runners - macritchie reservoir. This post is mainly targetted at those who have yet to venture into this beautiful land of trails in Singapore and would provide all the information you need to know about getting there, facilities etc. Do take a read and share it! Thank you guys. Hope to be able to continue bringing better posts and ideas.

https://runyourpace.wordpress.com/2016/06/08/running-at-macritchie-reservoir/#more-3381

(Do fill us up on anything that we may have made mistakes on, after all we are pretty new to trails ourselves,  cheers!) 

1 hour ago, kjcweih said:

We are back again with another running route suggestion blog post, but this time round being a much more familiar ground for most runners - macritchie reservoir. This post is mainly targetted at those who have yet to venture into this beautiful land of trails in Singapore and would provide all the information you need to know about getting there, facilities etc. Do take a read and share it! Thank you guys. Hope to be able to continue bringing better posts and ideas.

https://runyourpace.wordpress.com/2016/06/08/running-at-macritchie-reservoir/#more-3381

(Do fill us up on anything that we may have made mistakes on, after all we are pretty new to trails ourselves,  cheers!) 

nice photos.... 

Last Saturday, we took part in our what was only our second trail running event (after rail corridor run). We did the 10km category and it was such an enjoyable experience. We loved everything about it, from the challenging route, to the small crowd, as well as the post race welfare! Read more about our experience here on our blog: 

https://runyourpace.wordpress.com/2016/07/24/msig-singapore-action-asia-50-2016-race-review/

We did up another of our Singapore running routes on our blog, this time featuring the route from Stadium to Gardens by the Bay, with information such as lockers and showering facilities to guide all those who are unfamiliar to the area. The seasoned runners here would most likely know Gardens by the Bay by the back of their hands already haha so this would probably be more useful for the newer runners. Nevertheless, do take a look and give us your support! Thank you.

https://runyourpace.wordpress.com/2016/10/09/running-at-gardens-by-the-bay/#more-4221

On 10/9/2016 at 8:52 PM, kjcweih said:

We did up another of our Singapore running routes on our blog, this time featuring the route from Stadium to Gardens by the Bay, with information such as lockers and showering facilities to guide all those who are unfamiliar to the area. The seasoned runners here would most likely know Gardens by the Bay by the back of their hands already haha so this would probably be more useful for the newer runners. Nevertheless, do take a look and give us your support! Thank you.

https://runyourpace.wordpress.com/2016/10/09/running-at-gardens-by-the-bay/#more-4221

Thanks for sharing! Although i've lost count how many times i've ran the GBTB, Stadium and ECP route, i've also just learned of the locker and shower facilities at OCBC arena from your blog. I'll definitely start planning on starting my weekday runs from there moving forward. After the run, still can shower and have dinner at the Kallang Wave Mall before heading home. Quite convenient. :thumbsu:

On 14/10/2016 at 0:57 PM, jerrylam said:

Thanks for sharing! Although i've lost count how many times i've ran the GBTB, Stadium and ECP route, i've also just learned of the locker and shower facilities at OCBC arena from your blog. I'll definitely start planning on starting my weekday runs from there moving forward. After the run, still can shower and have dinner at the Kallang Wave Mall before heading home. Quite convenient. :thumbsu:

We are so glad that our blog post was of some help to a seasoned runner like you! Thanks for taking time to read the post! We appreciate it alot. :) We will be doing up on several other routes in other parts of Singapore too soon! Will be updating here once its up! 

On 14/10/2016 at 0:57 PM, jerrylam said:

3 hours ago, kjcweih said:

We are so glad that our blog post was of some help to a seasoned runner like you! Thanks for taking time to read the post! We appreciate it alot. :) We will be doing up on several other routes in other parts of Singapore too soon! Will be updating here once its up! 

Good coverage as usual and agree wit Jerrylam how useful these details can be for us who wish to put our belongings before starting the run. The only concern I have for number combination lockers is that they can be subjected to abuse (think military camps for guys who go for IPPT/RT/IPT sessions)

On 10/15/2016 at 4:55 PM, trailblazer said:

Good coverage as usual and agree wit Jerrylam how useful these details can be for us who wish to put our belongings before starting the run. The only concern I have for number combination lockers is that they can be subjected to abuse (think military camps for guys who go for IPPT/RT/IPT sessions)

but it's better than running with a physical key in hand which can be misplaced easily too....

On 10/15/2016 at 1:30 PM, kjcweih said:

You're most welcome. Doesn't matter experienced or not, we all learn and share new things everyday. Keep up the good work buddy. Will look forward to your coming posts!! 

On 09/10/2016 at 8:52 PM, kjcweih said:

wow! thank you for sharing this. now i have the option to try running around marina bay area or turn up to east coast parkway while my stuff can be stored at the stadium and best of all, there's MRT hence no need to drive.

On 17/10/2016 at 2:06 PM, AutumnRunner said:

wonder where your next running route will be... any hints?

The next one will probably be botanical gardens! We have already tried the route out and all the logistics as well so will be doing up the blog post soon :)  

On 18/10/2016 at 10:31 PM, alexthechewbacca said:

wow! thank you for sharing this. now i have the option to try running around marina bay area or turn up to east coast parkway while my stuff can be stored at the stadium and best of all, there's MRT hence no need to drive.

No problem! Glad that it's of help to you! We don't have a car (thus running beyond our neighbourhood is not that easy) but we love to explore new routes and many other runners are probably the same like us too! So we hope to share what we know so that running beyond your own neighbourhood becomes more convenient and easier!  

13 hours ago, kjcweih said:

The next one will probably be botanical gardens! We have already tried the route out and all the logistics as well so will be doing up the blog post soon :)  

great.... i ran there once before and still not familiar with the area.... 

Hello guys. We are back with the blog post on running in Botanic Gardens (after a long time due to school examinations etc). As usual, for those who has a car wouldnt have much issues running at places far from their own neighbourhood. But for those who rely on the public transport like us, lockers and facilities become a huge factor in exploring a new running route. We managed to figure out a way for Botanic Gardens and here it is! Hope you will find it useful and enjoy running there. It's a really beautiful place and worth a visit.

https://runyourpace.wordpress.com/2016/12/04/running-in-singapores-botanical-gardens/#more-4323

On 12/4/2016 at 9:43 PM, kjcweih said:

Hello guys. We are back with the blog post on running in Botanic Gardens (after a long time due to school examinations etc). As usual, for those who has a car wouldnt have much issues running at places far from their own neighbourhood. But for those who rely on the public transport like us, lockers and facilities become a huge factor in exploring a new running route. We managed to figure out a way for Botanic Gardens and here it is! Hope you will find it useful and enjoy running there. It's a really beautiful place and worth a visit.

https://runyourpace.wordpress.com/2016/12/04/running-in-singapores-botanical-gardens/#more-4323

Thanks for sharing. Very well written :) Thanks.