Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ayukawa22

Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon - 17 Jan 2016

The long anticipated Standard Chartered HK Marathon registration will begin very soon!

Registration will be arranged in phases. Visit our official website www.hkmarathon.com and sign up starting from the following dates:

25 Sept 2015: Marathon

29 Sept 2015: Half marathon

2 Oct 2015: 10 KM races

5 Oct 2015: Wheelchair races (10KM/3KM)

(Hong Kong, 25 September 2015 [9:15am]) The Hong Kong Amateur Athletic Association announced today that all 15,500 places for the Marathon Race of Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2016 have been filled.

Going to sign up for the 10km run next year as it's more of a holiday trip rather than a running race trip. Will it be good to get hotels near the end point? Any recommendations?

If you can't really walk far after your run, it would be best to stay somewhere near the end point. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but my impression is that accommodation rate is slightly more expensive there? Otherwise shouldn't matter where you stay as start and end points are very accessible by trains.

Had a nice run, managed to run under 4hr, a pb for me.

Weather was wet and cold due to the, on off heavy rain.

Merging of the half and full at 28k was terrible, massive congestion. Slow down my speed. Hydration was abduntant, both for isotonic and water.

Overall a nice experience.

Merging of the half and full at 28k was terrible, massive congestion. Slow down my speed. Hydration was abduntant, both for isotonic and water.

Was there a change in route? Don't remember merging in the past.

Ran the full marathon too and I agreed with lumiq. Wet weather and roller coaster slopes but still a very enjoyable run. Really like their.hydration stations, supplies of chocolates, bananas and cherry tomatoes.

This is pertaining to the 10km run.

Majority of the route is on the expressway, which had a number of slopes - up, down and side (literally got to lean to the side). Long upslope at the 5-6km mark, and a very short but steep upslope just after the 9km mark. Only 2 water points at the 4km and 8km mark, and are really 'water-only' points. Given the wet and cool weather for this year, it's still enjoyable. Just that there's no finisher medal (only full marathon finishers have it), but there's a nice finisher towel to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the run.

GPS watch recorded 10.1km, which was fine.

One thing to gripe about: the event tee. The design is not as nice as last year's (2015). This year's tee only featured the dates of the 20 SCHKM races, with a standard logo in front and wording at the back.

The 2017 edition of the SCHKM will be on February 12 2017, 2 weeks after CNY.

Was in the 2nd wave-off (6.45 am) for the FM.

Started to rain before start and getting heavy just 1-2 minutes before the wave-off.

Run was mainly in the 15deg +/- region plus occasional pouring rain, yes pouring. :coldb:

Route is the same as last year, lots of up and down slope.

Plenty of isotonic drinks/water point along the route.

Commit the same mistake as last year. Not drinking enough water until halfway mark.

It was so cool and raining that I don't feel thirsty most of the time.

2 "feedback" about the race,

1. One of the ugliest event t-shirt especially for a 20th anniversary race. Beyond description :growl:

2. At the end point, our check-in baggage was arrange neatly on the ground, in the rain.

When I retrieve the bag, my "dry clothes" for change, are already soaked through.

Have to take the MTR back to hotel, so no choice. Have to change into my wet wind-breaker only.

Overall still a very good race. :thumbsu:

Managed to cut another 9 mins off last year's PB timing. 8)

Return to race?? Yes, very certainly.

looks like a really wet weather throughout... cause i see some runner wore their raincoat all the way... or at least even till 16km.... the good thing is that it's not hot... they even gave out large packets of energy sports drinks instead of gels... those not used to it might felt too full... haha... i didnt really see a lot of slopes... but saw a few to convince myself that the race might not be a pb contender...