Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bananaman30

Taipei marathon 2015

Oh, so they dropped "Fubon" from the marathon title and if they need to ballot, it means the race is getting quite popular.

The 5.5 hours full marathon cut off timing should be gun timing.

Oh, so they dropped "Fubon" from the marathon title and if they need to ballot, it means the race is getting quite popular.

The 5.5 hours full marathon cut off timing should be gun timing.

Seems like taipei government or municipal council organised now. But no main (commercial) sponsor?

Can’t go this year again. Hopefully can make it as a 2016 EOY plan. Wished it could shift to the last Sunday so that overseas runners can stay for countdown, but since it has been on the last 2nd Sunday of the year for so many years, doubt it would change.

Weather is below 20 degrees so 5 hr 30 mins cut off shouldn’t be a problem.

Ballot :(

Ballot??

Last time no ballot.

Maybe this event is getting popular, so they decide to have a ballot instead of the usual first come first serve basis.

I shall put this event as one of my to do full marathon in Taiwan :)

anyone running tmr ? i am wearing Captain America long sleeve shirt plus hat...

Not this year. have fun!!

this is a different race with the Standard chartered Taipei Marathon.... both has similar name but organised by different organisers... how is the review for those who went?

this is a different race with the Standard chartered Taipei Marathon.... both has similar name but organised by different organisers... how is the review for those who went?

This is the Taipei Marathon, formerly known as Fubon Marathon when Fubon was the title sponsor. It is different from the Taipei Standard Chartered Charity Marathon.

i did the HM.

This year after the race, no more bento rice with pork, but was given a pork floss bread, one potato bun, snickers, isotonic drink, water.

1 Huge bathing towel, 1 21Km medal.

Route: First part in the taipei city, 2nd part run along a river, 3rd part high way into a tunnel runway.

Cut off time is very strict, 3hr gun time. i did 2:55hr..so managed to get the medal, towel.

i did the HM.

This year after the race, no more bento rice with pork, but was given a pork floss bread, one potato bun, snickers, isotonic drink, water.

Route: First part in the taipei city, 2nd part run along a river, 3rd part high way into a tunnel runway.

Cut off time is very strict, 3hr gun time. i did 2:55hr..so managed to get the medal, towel.

What's printed on the finishing towel nowadays?

seems to be almost the same route as Standard chartered Taipei for HM.... the first part in city followed by along the river....

Yep, I noticed that too

Went for a runnin-holiday..completed the full marathon..have only praise for the overall experience;

Weather was perfect (unexpectedly subbed 4), generally flat route with some climbs, and perhaps the best of all, a hearty bento box at the finishing line with a goodie bag full of well, goodies..and students, and also ah gongs and ah mas dressed up, out cheering;

Registration fee was ~55SGD post conversion, with ballot;

Probably have gained back the calories burnt, from all the street food..all told, a run I will recommend, and a nice running-holiday =)

i did the HM.

post-1999-0-12179200-1451045221_thumb.jp

i did the HM.

Thks

Went for a runnin-holiday..completed the full marathon..have only praise for the overall experience;

Weather was perfect (unexpectedly subbed 4), generally flat route with some climbs, and perhaps the best of all, a hearty bento box at the finishing line with a goodie bag full of well, goodies..and students, and also ah gongs and ah mas dressed up, out cheering;

Probably have gained back the calories burnt, from all the street food..all told, a run I will recommend, and a nice running-holiday =)

Totally agree that this is one of the Best :goodjob: FM i have ran so far.

Good weather and great crowd of supporters and most importantly Runners.

Most were in their correct starting pen and gave way / overtook with ease.

Had a Surprise PB following the various runners.

Truly enjoyed the race and holiday.

No so called gold label.

But then again its Not Overpriced , Overcrowded and a whole list of other etc.

Just an Excellent Race and experience.

Would definitely recommend this race :thumbsu:

Totally agree that this is one of the Best :goodjob: FM i have ran so far.

Good weather and great crowd of supporters and most importantly Runners.

Most were in their correct starting pen and gave way / overtook with ease.

Had a Surprise PB following the various runners.

Truly enjoyed the race and holiday.

No so called gold label.

But then again its Not Overpriced , Overcrowded and a whole list of other etc.

Just an Excellent Race and experience.

Would definitely recommend this race :thumbsu:

:goodjob::thumbsu: