Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

New Balance RunOn - 24 Oct 2015

2015-10-24%20NBRun0n%20Logo_zpspoxqnzsp.

New Balance Run On Singapore is the first race stop of the New Balance Run On regional race series.

A race for all runners, this 5km run can be a speed challenge for the fast or a first challenge for the new runners. Expect some healthy competition as you compete with runners of your age group.

Whats more, choose to RUN ON on race day for one extra kilometer, and earn yourself an exclusive NB Run On Iron-On Achievement Badge!

Runners can expect a NB Pop-up Festival and post-event picnic with local bands, great food and craft beer.

Date: Saturday, 24 October 2015

Time: 5pm

Distance : 5km+1km*

* *Run On for 1km

Challenge yourself and go 1km further on Race Day to earn an exclusive New Balance Run On iron-on Achievement badge!

Facebook:LINK HERE

2015-10-24%20NBRunOn%20Fee_zpsfj5agzjq.j

Runner's Entitlement

• Your race slot
  • Official race tee
  • Customized race bib
  • New Balance Canvas Tote Bag designed by local design collective Tell Your Children (TYC)
  • New Balance Run On Vinyl Stickers
  • Access to training runs
  • Exclusive invite to New Balance Pre-Party and Race Pack Collection
  • Finisher medal (when you finish the race!)
  • Access to race participant games and activities at race village
  • Post-event food, isotonic drinks and water
  • Exclusive 30% off New Balance Performance Gear at New Balance Experience Stores
post-21301-0-08612800-1439989345_thumb.p

In the absence of NIKE RUN and Adidas KOTR, this may be a consolation for those looking for runs throughout the year.

Is this a new run?

5km is fine for me..... what's to complain about a less taxing run? Haha..... but more details first.....

Is this a new run?

5km is fine for me..... what's to complain about a less taxing run? Haha..... but more details first.....

If they charge $5, definitely no one will complain.

maybe their target audience is the general public who seldom exercise...... or those speedster who wanna better their 5km timing..... definitely not for the endurance runner

As mentioned , If they charge $5, definitely no one will complain.

Cause pricing is always a key consideration.

But from past experiences Fun Runs mostly go for MAX profits.

Shortest Distance Extremely High Price per KM.

Cause its cater to the masses who find it so ........

Is this a new run?

$15-$20 for 5km would be good. But.....unlikely unless a PA type run

Is this a new run?

$5 for 5KM sounds good to me... HAHA

Is this a new run?

IF only it's $5. I suspect it'll be a $50 5km run :startle: I hope i'm wrong...

If NewBalance is smart, they will package the race with a pair of NB shoe (just like what Brooks RunHappy and Newton Challenge used to do)

If they package it well, I think even a $50 5K race will be a sell out if it includes 50% of a pair of NB shoe.

Is this a new run?

IF only it's $5. I suspect it'll be a $50 5km run :startle: I hope i'm wrong...

I think u might b correct

If NewBalance is smart, they will package the race with a pair of NB shoe (just like what Brooks RunHappy and Newton Challenge used to do)

If they package it well, I think even a $50 5K race will be a sell out if it includes 50% of a pair of NB shoe.

Hmmm... if like this I will support

Hmmm... if like this I will support

Sometimes I wonder what the hell the respective brand marketing department are doing. I mean this seems like a no-brainer right?So why not use the opportunity to push and promote yr product? Puma is another brand that doesn't tie in their shoe to their sponsored race.

When I first started joining races in 2012, I wasn't very familiar with the various different shoe brand. I took the opportunity to purchase a Brooks shoe when I signed up for Brooks Run Happy. It was a past season shoe but it was really cheap (paid $85 for the shoe) and I love it so much that I continued withe Brooks till this day.

If NB and Puma were to do something similar, I wouldn't mind giving their shoe a try.

Oh yah, come to think of it, that's how i started with newton shoes too. Saw cheap ones last year at Newton Challenge REPC so got myself a pair.

Signed up to get notified. Nevertheless I hope the fees are not too high. TBH, 25$ is the max I'll pay for a 5k. But if the finisher medal is cute and bling, then I may just give in hahahahahaha :angel:

Registration fee is out and at $36/$40 it still not cheap though I would admit that the promise of great food and craft beer post-race does sound enticing! :stuff::drinks:

Apparently this is New Balance attempt at creating a regional race series. And the reason for the corny name RunOn is even cornier! "Challenge yourself and go 1km further on Race Day to earn an exclusive New Balance Run On iron-on Achievement badge!" I mean seriously? :rolleyes2:

As expected no one in NB thought about bundling their shoes with the race entry. I guess its more important to push sales for their current models.

Who's still interested??