Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Thang

Are calf compression sleeves useful?

Hey guys! How many of you use calf compression sleeves and do you find them useful? How much are you willing to pay for this product? And which brand will your purchase? Hope to hear your views.

My personal feel is that you won't feel anything less than half marathon... When u are doing greater distance or triathlon.. you will feel the impact...

2xu and compressport is good for me.. compressport is exp thus need to get it only when u encounter any promo...

I rather like 2xu.. usually use it as post race recovery rather than racing accessory because my calves feel too constricted during race

Full sock or calf sleeve for recovery or on flights. 2XU used to have the Performance Run sleeve that is good for shin splits or soreness near to shin bone. Can be used both during run or recovery.

A friend said that don't buy it , if you are not wearing often. So he lent me his calf sleeves to have a feel of it . I tried it with 10km, honestly I didn't feel any impact. Maybe like some of you mentioned , will feel it after more than HM .....

I am still thinking if I buy from cheaper ones from QOO or expensive one. Cheaper ones spoilt easily . The real ones is expensive . But my mind is more to invest a good ones . If buy the cheaper ones , might as well don't buy..

I prefer the woven fabric types types from 2XU or Zensah, rather than the tech polyester types. More comfortable and the compression can be tailored depending for different areas, depending on the design. Much like the engineered stretch mesh tech from Adidas, Nike shoes...

i tried it today in my 28km run..... mine is from 2XU .... i would say it simply just compresses the calves and prevent it from jumping ard loosely.... the only main diff i felt is that it looks great...hahah..... other than that, cant reli feel much diff now... maybe if tml it doesnt ache much, then it's good enuff....

My personal experience is that it is extremely useful for recovering from long runs (marathon and longer)

I didn't feel any difference wearing them during a run. In fact, I felt a bit discomfort

By right it's able to hold the calves in its place more firmly without bouncing too much.. in this way, there is less fatigue of them...

I also wear them for marathon distances or trail 30km n above... can fly down trails with no injuries so far   ...touch wood...try it down bukit timah hill guarantee no injury hahaha