Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kjcweih

Hydration bottle or belt

Hi, I am thinking of purchasing a hydration belt or a hydration bottle (those small ones that u hold onto) for my long runs. Just wondering how much water do you guys usually bring out for a long run of lets say 15km? and is a hydration belt or a bottle more preferable.

I know its all about preference and your own body needs but I would just like to have some advice and a guideline before getting one.

Am currently looking at fuelbelt that is being sold in running lab.

fuel-belt-crush-bottle-carrier.jpg

It depends on what you'd like to carry really. For me I have a small waist so I don't really carry much things except a key when I run. I'm using a free waist belt I got from a previous race to carry phones.

For carrying water, I'm use the Simple Hydration bottle, which you can use with/without a belt. Check it out here http://simplehydration.com and on my blog.

I'm currently a brand ambassador for the bottle, so there's a discount if you order it with a discount code.

Cheers. :)

Fuel belt with 4 bottles attached is the best i tried. It last me a half marathon without refill. The only disadvantage is size of a note 3 smartphone cannot fit in with the biggest pounch they offer.

Hydration bottles is a no no for me. Running with proper form or posture is important. I felt wrist strain after carried bottle for long run.

Hydration backpack by far still bounch abit here.

Cheers..runners