Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ybeex

Blackmore Sydney Running Festival 20 Sept 2015 CTC Travel

are you talking about the race or the package?? hahha...... I have never ran this race before so cant really comment....sept temp might be already climbing towards mid 20C.... and from the photo, all of them wearing as if they were in Sg is an indication....

As for package, usually for overseas run, I just go there for the run, and dun need for workshops or training runs... =)

Both? haha.

But this isn't exactly a holiday also? i believe this package is just for the run because its on 3 nights and in between there is a one day optional day tour or run clinic.

there's a cat for families also.

hmm..

yah..... 4 star for me is considered high when i go overseas for a run... usually i can save a little in this part..... but the good thing is that they have everything ready for u... u do not need the hassle to look for air tics, hotels, where to eat, how to go to the start line, etc..... all these are eliminated.... you just need to pay and focus on race... which is the main attraction......

Yea, tihnk Ms Mok is running as well.... I only ran the Gold Coast marathon before and i would say the event is well organised with lots of supporters... this race i am really unsure... maybe you could go into the race website and look at the gallery photos if there are..... it will give u a gauge fo the supporters crowd if that is what u would like to have in a race...

looking at the brochures... it says its a flat route.... if you believe that, then its one thing solved..... city run... so expect buildings, bridges, etc.... from photo gallery, the runners wore exactly what we wear in Sg..... I ran in Goldcoast before and its in July.... this is in Sept so weather should be warmer.... I wore singlet and shorts to run in Goldcoast as well (only early morning cold)... when race starts, it gets warmer..... so I can expect this race to be even warmer than GC.....

ooh i see. Yeah thats what i thought. they will pick you from airport and bring you to collect the race pack and stuff.

any one else here knows about this race?

The price of the package looks pretty reasonable considering the airfare and the high hotel rates in Sydney. So for those who are uncomfortable about DIY travel this looks like a good deal.

Actually, the places that matter are all in central Sydney, ie Hilton Hotel, racepack venue and the finishing point. The starting point is on the other side of the harbour but can be reached by the subway. I was there 3 years ago. The train ride was free for participants. There were different starting pens according to your declared finishing time. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to be a little optimistic because the 'A' Group starts at the top of a steep slope while the rest can be starting from more than 100m behind under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. What I found astonishing was the amount of clothing discarded by the runners at the starting area. The route was not altogether flat as there were a few small hills. The organisers were very generous in giving away freebies. Besides the finishing medal they gave away visors, water botlles, fip flops, newspapers, fruits, etc. Being an early bird entry I also received a event vest.

ooh i see. Yeah thats what i thought. they will pick you from airport and bring you to collect the race pack and stuff.

any one else here knows about this race?

The price of the package looks pretty reasonable considering the airfare and the high hotel rates in Sydney. So for those who are uncomfortable about DIY travel this looks like a good deal.

Actually, the places that matter are all in central Sydney, ie Hilton Hotel, racepack venue and the finishing point. The starting point is on the other side of the harbour but can be reached by the subway. I was there 3 years ago. The train ride was free for participants. There were different starting pens according to your declared finishing time. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to be a little optimistic because the 'A' Group starts at the top of a steep slope while the rest can be starting from more than 100m behind under the Sydney Harbour Bridge. What I found astonishing was the amount of clothing discarded by the runners at the starting area. The route was not altogether flat as there were a few small hills. The organisers were very generous in giving away freebies. Besides the finishing medal they gave away visors, water botlles, fip flops, newspapers, fruits, etc. Being an early bird entry I also received a event vest.

ooh! These are really great info! now i have better understanding towards this race. free train rides for participants is a plus.

and i find that the package is reasonable too.

I have participated the blackmores half marathon but not the FM. What I can say is that the running events in Australia is so much better than the ones in Singapore. Regarding the transportation and accomodation, I think you can book on your own to save cost. This is because the transportation is so convenient in Sydney. U can stay around central station and take a train to the starting point for free. It would take u less than 30mins including waiting time. Weather wise, the temperature in the morning is always cold thats why many people wear jackets etc. However, once u started running, it will be like running in singapore minus the humidity and perspiration. In summary, if u wana save cost, i would suggest u do it DIY. If u are afraid of the hassle, by all means book tru CTC.

Ok nevermind. I think I found the answer. The qualification window remains open from Sep 13, 2014 till the conclusion of the registration process. So Sydney marathon comes in just before Sep 21 registration for those between BQ-5 and BQ (if space remains).

20817075941_0b9b49a9cd.jpg

Hoping to get at least 3:10. I haven't ran a temperate weather marathon before so this one seems attractive because this race is an accredited gold label, and is still within registration time to qualify for Boston 2016. Else I'll have to wait for Boston 2017 instead.

Hoping to get at least 3:10. I haven't ran a temperate weather marathon before so this one seems attractive because this race is an accredited gold label, and is still within registration time to qualify for Boston 2016. Else I'll have to wait for Boston 2017 instead.

Yup it seems attractive. Have found a lot of good reviews for those who have participated this race before! and whats more there's CTC Travel taking care of everything for you which saves me the trouble.