Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGSX

If never complete SCMS 42Km still can get medal and finisher shirt?

If you sign up for the Standard Chartered 42 Km Marathon and you can't complete it, say halfway during the marathon you feel sick or tired and you give up, can you still collect the finisher shirt and medal?

How about those people who sign up 42km but they never go for the race and say at 9am they just go to the finishing point and collect the medal and finisher shirt also can?

ermmm....... morally no runner will do that cause the finisher tee is only for those who complete the marathon full distance... there will always be a next year to take part and try to complete it within the stipulated time......

ermmm....... morally no runner will do that cause the finisher tee is only for those who complete the marathon full distance... there will always be a next year to take part and try to complete it within the stipulated time......

Some people who cannot finish might still want to collect the finisher tee and medal as souvenier or take it and sell it online like in sgrunners?

Hmm.

Are you sure if you never complete the 42km you still can collect your finisher shirt n medal?

ppl run 6 km and hide toilet wait collect finisher tee.

pretty sure no one can really check if you have completed the 42k at the finishing line.

However, obviously will get DQ and no cert since would have missed like almost all the checkpoints.

See conscience lo...

Of cos, don go collect too fast. Later run faster than mok ying ren.

Assuming you are really sick and never complete, how to get to finish line since halfway complete only? How to cross finish line to collect medal & tee? Is not like you can walk into padang as a tourist and ask for a tee.

For the other scenarios where runners not sick but take a bus or transport nearer to finish line just to cross and take stuff.....well, if not caught & your timing is reasonable, may get away with it.

Real story: Few yrs back, my colleague a 21k runner took my boss 42km bib to run since my boss got last minute biz trip. My colleague crossed the SC Marathon finish line in around 2 1/2 hrs. At first, they gave him the finisher stuff, then they got suspicious (dun know why - we suspect he was too fast. haha), called for supervisor, investigated, then took back everything telling him he was DSQ for not crossing all the FM chkpoints. He was okay with it since he nvr ran the 42k anyway and my boss gave away a run he already paid for.

But as someone said, it's conscience lor. If want to cheat.....what to say?

so your colleague ran the 21km route and went on to the 42km finisher area to collect the tee??? funny.... think he was trying his luck and take for his boss.... maybe will have better bonus at the end of the year.....hahahh

so your colleague ran the 21km route and went on to the 42km finisher area to collect the tee??? funny.... think he was trying his luck and take for his boss.... maybe will have better bonus at the end of the year.....hahahh

I think he was trying his luck to get the tee (cos the SCM 21k no finisher tee) :lolu:

A shop in Clementi new town is selling about 5 x 2006 SCSM tees! Saw it there 3 weeks ago! So don't need to sign up to get t-shirt