Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seniorvet

SgRunners 10th Anniversary

SgRunners will be 10 years old this year. Singapore will celebrate our 50th birthday this year but I wonder if SgRunners can reach it's 10th with the declining number of posts. Other than The Lonely Runner, are any of the original members still logging on to SgRunners? How many members are there now who post useful info for others? 30? 20? This excludes classified adds and personal opinions. I guess this post may considered useless too since it doesn't contribute any substance.

The forum lives on despite some of the core moderators and members not being active on the sgRunners forum.

I tink it shows the founder TLRs dream lives on as the forum is still quite active!

Don't discount old posts. I still do searches and refer to old threads for information.

I'm sure there are lots of people who still come in here for valuable info. As long as there are still people who do, this forum is serving its purpose.

I agree that this forum is still active and should not judged just on the no of posts. I'm sure none of us here want an EDMW-like kind of activity when a great majority of posts are just silly one liners of no value whatsoever. I'm not trying to beat down EDMW. It serve a niche area which I dun think gel with the overall aim of this forum.

And while its true that there's probably not that many active posters, going by viewcount, many are still coming in to read the info, views and opinions posted in this forum. Ultimately all this serve to promote the one thing that I'm sure bring us all here in the first place - Running. And that's never a bad thing right?

This year sgrunners 10th & SG 50th birthday, we have more reasons to celebrate !!!

y not organize an event & tap on the SG 50 funds.

maybe an running event (since we r runner), with free t (with SG 50 logo).

Of course, we need someone to apply the fund... capped at $50 000 per project.

This year sgrunners 10th & SG 50th birthday, we have more reasons to celebrate !!!

Good idea. Maybe just expand on the successful sgRunners Banana Relay......have 4 --> 1 at North, North East, West and Central part of Singapore.

Oh....Hi Taz. Long time no hear :)

Good idea. Maybe just expand on the successful sgRunners Banana Relay......have 4 --> 1 at North, North East, West and Central part of Singapore.

Oh....Hi Taz. Long time no hear :)

I feel keep the format to 1 would be nice, everyone come together and mingle :)

eh...ahem.. Banana Relay was organised by RunningGuild, nothing to do with sgrunners. Dun think sgrunner ever organised mass run event. Maybe just informal run at CBD IIRC.

I only remember the Simple Run (where you are not allowed to bring any watches/electronic devices and have to estimate your finishing time for 5km). The singlet got the sgrunner's logo.

eh...ahem.. Banana Relay was organised by RunningGuild, nothing to do with sgrunners. Dun think sgrunner ever organised mass run event. Maybe just informal run at CBD IIRC.

if I not wrong, runningguild people are sgRunners.

Anyway, do a search in the forum and you will see Banana Relay was started by sgRunners years ago

Seem so simple those days. No compression wears, no smartphone armbands, no hydration belt/bag....

Got compression wear but too (horribly) expensive coz only 1 brand (Skins) available in SG. Hence only the national soccer boys were using.

Got hydration belt & camel bag but those usually only appeared in marathon distances & above.

I think the mods are still around just not posting. Most of the leaders of the various running groups are members of SGrunners like Dream (Team Fatbird), Terence (Running Dept), Ben (IMD running) and so on. You can join them for their group runs. From time to time there are also fun runs organised by some members. Newbies are always welcome to join in these runs. Check out their posting on their FB or blogs

Seem so simple those days. No compression wears, no smartphone armbands, no hydration belt/bag....

Got compression wear but too (horribly) expensive coz only 1 brand (Skins) available in SG. Hence only the national soccer boys were using.

Got hydration belt & camel bag but those usually only appeared in marathon distances & above.

Nowadays I see people wear compression tights or even full suit for 10km, some also wear hydration belt or even backpacks (not sure what's it is called, the one with straw).

10km distance + race fee include hydration, no?