Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

North East Compressport Run 2015

Thank You to the organizer as well as the logo_gu.jpgGU sponsor for the surprised one pack of GU energy gel that propelled me to achieve my "PB" !
The supplies of gels was not indicated on the race route unlike SCMS 2014 which was printed clearly on the race route but never fulfilled at all (zero energy gels and zero banana) !

i think i rem Joe mentioned in the forum about the Gu gel and bananas provision..... SCMS 2014 is just a wierd thing that it occured....

Thank You to the organizer as well as the logo_gu.jpgGU sponsor for the surprised one pack of GU energy gel that propelled me to achieve my "PB" !

The supplies of gels was not indicated on the race route unlike SCMS 2014 which was printed clearly on the race route but never fulfilled at all (zero energy gels and zero banana) !

i think i rem Joe mentioned in the forum about the Gu gel and bananas provision..... SCMS 2014 is just a wierd thing that it occured....

Hi both,

GU Energy Gel really is a surprised. As it was a last minute sponsor coming, we totally got no chance to plan. We must be really lucky as we happen to be 2 loops. As what AutumnRunner said before, we may be lazy at plot route. It brings us blessing. As we easily deploy table put there near holding area path for all. And that path is so exclusive that only 21km will run. Confirm will not give wrong runners. Haha.

As for banana, I am always the slow runners in all races. Never to eat banana! So angry me, I decide I must make sure at least 90% get the banana. Thank god, all runner took just 1. In the end I got 100% runners getting banana. Hahaha.

The race may be ended. We are now trying to invite the Finnish Runner, Aki Nunmela. Hoping he will agree to conduct free Running Clinic for interested North East Compressport Run participants.

Stay tuned as we tried to negotiate.

RegardS

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Hi both,

GU Energy Gel really is a surprised. As it was a last minute sponsor coming, we totally got no chance to plan. We must be really lucky as we happen to be 2 loops. As what AutumnRunner said before, we may be lazy at plot route. It brings us blessing. As we easily deploy table put there near holding area path for all. And that path is so exclusive that only 21km will run. Confirm will not give wrong runners. Haha.

As for banana, I am always the slow runners in all races. Never to eat banana! So angry me, I decide I must make sure at least 90% get the banana. Thank god, all runner took just 1. In the end I got 100% runners getting banana. Hahaha.

The race may be ended. We are now trying to invite the Finnish Runner, Aki Nunmela. Hoping he will agree to conduct free Running Clinic for interested North East Compressport Run participants.

Stay tuned as we tried to negotiate.

RegardS

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Interesting.... even when the race ended, the excitement hasn't....

Actually I would like to ask for feedback.

As my CSC, Punggol North CSC from Punggol21 CC, is keen to do a celebration of SG50 Run.

If we plan a simple, target 200 participants. Running in sequence of 5blocks up and down. Each block has 16 storey high.

As these blocks has 2 ends staircases, up and down will not clash.

But we wonder if this event will be attractive to invite 200 runners?

No online registration available.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

As my CSC, Punggol North CSC from Punggol21 CC, is keen to do a celebration of SG50 Run.

If we plan a simple, target 200 participants. Running in sequence of 5blocks up and down. Each block has 16 storey high.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

My opinion is that the event itself doesn't sound appealing to me. The appeal of a vertical marathon is to have runners run up high stories and the opportunity to ascend to top for a rooftop/ top floor view. 16 storey doesn't sound high enough but some might find it fun/ challenging to run 5 blocks of flats at one go.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

My opinion is that the event itself doesn't sound appealing to me. The appeal of a vertical marathon is to have runners run up high stories and the opportunity to ascend to top for a rooftop/ top floor view. 16 storey doesn't sound high enough but some might find it fun/ challenging to run 5 blocks of flats at one go.

Count me in Joe. :thumbsu:

I don't think you should short change yourself. There'd definitely be more than 200 who would sign up for such an event. But I suggest confirming the date at the soonest since you dont want the event to clash with a more established race.

Count me in too ...... :sword:

You also consider another Category which is '' Running in sequence of 5blocks up and down twice .

Wow. NoobieRunner, I am very flattered by your kind words. But I am not short changing myself. Rather I am putting a realistic figure. North East Compressport Run 2015 is a GRC event. While this vertical plan is only our Punggol North plan. Plus the fact the width of staircase, safety and the holding area are into much consideration. We want community enjoy rather than aiming at just target crowd or even profit. Thats why we now working on plan. Hoping we can achieve another reasonable fee for participants too.

Tentatively, we hoping for Mother's Day. But will be working on detail soonest.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Beepbeep, you super ultra?

Personall. I tried my house 13th floor. I climb up and down twice I already feel dying. Rather run 10km flat ground. Haha.

But your suggestion will sure be taking into consideration.

As long no over crowded, nothing is impossible. We want create for community to enjoy.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Wow. NoobieRunner, I am very flattered by your kind words. But I am not short changing myself. Rather I am putting a realistic figure. North East Compressport Run 2015 is a GRC event. While this vertical plan is only our Punggol North plan. Plus the fact the width of staircase, safety and the holding area are into much consideration. We want community enjoy rather than aiming at just target crowd or even profit. Thats why we now working on plan. Hoping we can achieve another reasonable fee for participants too.

Tentatively, we hoping for Mother's Day. But will be working on detail soonest.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

North East Compressport Run 2015Beepbeep, you super ultra?

Personall. I tried my house 13th floor. I climb up and down twice I already feel dying. Rather run 10km flat ground. Haha.

But your suggestion will sure be taking into consideration.

As long no over crowded, nothing is impossible. We want create for community to enjoy.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

If only plan for punggol north community residents and 200 participants, then no need post facebook and forums like sgrunners. Many who don't stay punggol north but like to run up bldg up & down (why ah?) also might not able since only 200 capping.

Personally I think you and your team were excellent in the run. But I suggest, take a break and don't plan a vertical race this year, some more so soon in May Mother's Day.

Dear All,

There is highly a chance that our 21km Champion, Samson Tenai or second placing, Aki Nummela, may conduct.

A sharing on running tips as well as a jog together around the area.

Limited to just 50 participants.

Must be a participants for North East Compressport Run 2015.

I look forward to share more once confirm details with them.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

As usual all will quote Joe and really hassle to scroll all the way down.

If planning for the ultra vertical, my idea is we can go for a 5 hours limit.

Ultra is either by distance or time limit.

If really have to climb. It will have to be more than the TPY Ultimate Challenge.

5 blocks up down 40 floors took me around 80 mins ? Unless we do a more floors or in terms of duration, anything lesser will not be really challenging to be considered as ultra.

http://www.northeastrun.sg/preliminary-results/

The results are out now ...

Wondering what is the overall number of females ?

Thank You Beepbeep, the published timing is incomplete and has missed out the hour with just minutes and seconds only !

Was amused when spotted five Caucasian runners with same yellow tee written "Pain Now, Beer Later" !

Hello runners!

Yep, it was a pleasure to have this run in Singapore. I know these 5 german guys. I'm one of those :-)

We were wondering too why the race ended that early 'cause our runtastic app just said there is 1km left to go ;-) But nethertheless, it was really a great event! A big thank you for the organizing team and sorry for my bad english :-D

post-44677-0-38112700-1427560526_thumb.j

post-44677-0-03341100-1427560528_thumb.j

Marten B.

Hi Marten. .. I was running with you guys for a while. ... Now I will always remember about pain now, beer later. .. hope to see u guys around in other races in sg. .

http://www.northeastrun.sg/preliminary-results/

The results are out now ...

Wondering what is the overall number of females ?

Thank You Beepbeep, the published timing is incomplete and has missed out the hour with just minutes and seconds only !

Was amused when spotted five Caucasian runners with same yellow tee written "Pain Now, Beer Later" !

Hello runners!

Yep, it was a pleasure to have this run in Singapore. I know these 5 german guys. I'm one of those :-)

We were wondering too why the race ended that early 'cause our runtastic app just said there is 1km left to go ;-) But nethertheless, it was really a great event! A big thank you for the organizing team and sorry for my bad english :-D

attachicon.gif11032516_911452772219828_4328651114050197574_n.jpg

attachicon.gif11058813_911451188886653_4751019572332158104_n.jpg

Marten B.

This tee will be Real meaingful in events where they serve Beer after the race.

Example Brooks Run Happy, Mens Health Urbanathlon etc

Haha. Thanks all. I purely dun wish to spoil the certificate with my signature. Hence, I did not insert my signature.

To Precious German friends, glad you had enjoyed the run

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Dear All

Download your latest e-certificate if you wish to have my signature in you e-certificate. :)

Thank you

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Thank You Beepbeep for the information !

All certificate must be "certified" with name and signature of person-in-charge and bore with organizer/institute name with/without official stamp !

Thank You Joe for your name and signature (should use your actual bank account signature :money:) ! Now this certificate is "more" genuine and valuable !

Joe, luckily you guy never repeat The Jurong Lake Run 2014 race certificate mistake with just a big word FINISHER (nicer words are Certificate of Participation, Certificate of Achievement or Congratulation) and the worst without the acknowledgement of all sponsors !

Joe, luckily you guy never repeat The Jurong Lake Run 2014 race certificate mistake with just a big word FINISHER (nicer words are Certificate of Participation, Certificate of Achievement or Congratulation) and the worst without the acknowledgement of all sponsors !

Ahh.. the connoisseur of 'Trinity Run' has spoken and as usual, your insights are spot on.

Going through my finisher cert, I realised that Tampines Run 2014 also commit the same faux pas with the unacceptable big word 'FINISHER'. And the thing is there is a connection between the 2 races (apart from the fact that they are both community runs). Do you know the answer? :crazysmile:

Speaking of TRINITY RUN, I really think we need a thread on its own to compile such runs. Maybe you should start one since you seem to be on the pulse when these things are concern.

Sorry - I've tried to scroll through the comments to figure this out but i see repeated references to "Trinity Run" but i cant' figure out what it means - can someone pls explain, many thanks.