Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

North East Compressport Run 2015

Would like to say my congrats and thanks to Joe too, for organizing a very good run. I enjoyed it myself.

I guess most of us have already feedback on what was the good and bad about the run, just want to highlight some of them again:

- I do not mind the ample/ extra hydration points. Better more than less in case of really bad weather.

- isotonic tastes weird but understand this is the best sponsor you can get

- race distance that is so much off the mark is quite unacceptable, hope next time can plan a more accurate route

- should have more toilet cubicles

- banana and ice cream after the run were good

Lastly, now that it is finally over, hope you and your team can catch up on the loss sleep, as well as time with your loved ones (make up for the time sacrificed to be with them so as to manage this run).

Thanks Beast and everyone for giving us such a great rating.

Truly, I am thankful to my great team members who supported me throughout.

As for distance markers, we apologize if it too off as we realized we forget put up early. Last minute using a running apps just chiong measure and put up. Will take note and share with next organizing chairman.

As to those negative feedbacks, complains that I had gathered from start, I had noted down as well. I will try to sharE With next organizing chairman.

Once again, thank you very much to all For your support.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Thanks Beast and everyone for giving us such a great rating.

Truly, I am thankful to my great team members who supported me throughout.

As for distance markers, we apologize if it too off as we realized we forget put up early. Last minute using a running apps just chiong measure and put up. Will take note and share with next organizing chairman.

As to those negative feedbacks, complains that I had gathered from start, I had noted down as well. I will try to sharE With next organizing chairman.

Once again, thank you very much to all For your support.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Thanks Joe... time for u to rest and step down.... but u can still remain in this forum and be informed about other races and also provide some of your race experience and feedback on other races also.... =)

Hi AutumnRunner

Yeah. Time to rest and "compensate" my wife for the months of neglect. Even Make her involve in the event too. Haha.

Sure. I am running HM in 2XU. Hope to see anyone there as well.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Sorry. Last message before I belong back to my wife's.

The timing are up on website: www.northeastrun.sg.

For runners who had disputed over timing, pls email us at info@northeastrun.sg, we will check and revert.

As to how many runners ran on each categories, we will announced soonest. Give us some time to finalize. As ranking are affected. We caught a few never run 2 loops. Even 10.5km we caught people cheat, that includ. One podiun finisher. Hence, please give us time

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

North East Run 2015

Omg. Podium finisher? Actually when I ran my 2nd round and was breathing hard and panting.. I see A few relaxing person in front of me walking and jogging.. Hope that they are honest... Nvm over liao

The race results' split distances should be 3.75 km split and 13.75 km split instead of published 5 km split and 15 km split at the u-turn point on Riverside Walk PCN according to my GPS watch !

Dear All, yup correction is changing soon on split point.

As regards to shame runners, I supposed commercial run should but community run should not?

Not sure but we have never thought to shame people.

We also caught podium finisher ran with other people's bib (not his own bib). Hence, now a few follow up to do

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

My Garmin recorded around 3.75km at split 1 as well. I'll be amazed if I actually ran 5km in my time for "Split 1" haha.

I don't think shaming is necessary. Though what they did certainly isn't correct, I don't think we add any value to the situation by shaming them. Instead, some graciousness extended will probably foster a more pleasant community. Just my thoughts :)

in fact no races organiser want to shame runners as well.... they paid and so they "think" they should get what they paid for.... the only one formally in papers is the man who beat Dr Mok during SCMS...... other than that, the rest weren't formal in papers....

My Garmin Fenix 2 tracked 20.14km.

My Fenix 1 also recorded 20.14km.
All Fenix thinks alike

My 910XT tracked 19.80km. So Garmin models dun't think the same. :P

All Fenix thinks alike

forerunner series think alike. mine 620 recorded 19.76 km.

Some runners don't follow track, run on grass, cut corners or run straight line instead of following the big curving path. Like dat, sure you recorded a bit less.

But then, the distance is 1/2 km short. I know. I run Punggol Waterway a bit, and I have used Timex Run Trainer & Endomondo on Hp together. So, confirm the distance is about 1/2 km shorter for 10.5km run. 21km is probably off by about 1km.

But no device or GP measures the same and everyone was running differently. GPS has also been erratic over Sengkang-Puggol the past 1-2 mths.

All Fenix thinks alike

forerunner series think alike. mine 620 recorded 19.76 km.

I have both the forerunner 410 and the fenix. I notice for the same sdistance, the forerunner always record lesser than the fenix. Anyway GPS is not an accurate way for measuring distance. Only use for 'agaration'..

Some run to the toilet =x

Guilty here.

All Fenix thinks alike
I said Fenix thinks alike mah...din use my 910XT if not can see if all forerunners thinks alike ^^

The race results' split distances should be 3.75 km for first split and 13.75 km for second split instead of yesterday's published 3 km for first split and 13.5 km for second split at the u-turn point on Riverside Walk PCN.

The new updated second split is acceptable but the first split is still way out !

Thank You to the organizer as well as the logo_gu.jpgGU sponsor for the surprised one pack of GU energy gel that propelled me to achieve my "PB" !

The supplies of gels was not indicated on the race route unlike SCMS 2014 which was printed clearly on the race route but never fulfilled at all (zero energy gels and zero banana) !