Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

North East Compressport Run 2015

hi folks, care to share the distance recorded on yr gps watch? I also did a PB but my distance recored was 19.76km.

overall, the run was well-managed, thumb up for the organizers!!

I got my Half Marathon PB but my Soleus GPS recored 19.97 km.

After completed my first loop in ? minutes and felt the distance not right since I started slow afraid my calf injury worsen.

After overtook the 2 hours pacers at 12 km, I wonder why the pacers were running at 5:30 pace instead of the intended 5:45 pace.

Achieved all my three PBs so far on Punggol Waterway due to short charge of distance !

1. Got 10 km PB on Waterway PAssion Active Run 2012 (short of about 300 meters)

2. Got half marathon PB on Marina 21K @ Punggol 2012 (short of about 400 meters)

3. Got half marathon PB on North East Compressport Run 2015 (short of about 1 Km)

Distance is definitely shorter than 10.5/21km. On my polar v800 it measured 9.98km for 10.5km run while my runtastic pro measured only 9.8km. I realised the first km was too short, measured only around 830m, subsequent markers seems to be ok.

My Garmin was 19.78km....

Did you guys realised the timing at the finishing line didn't switch on or something ?

Dear Runners,

Thanks for your participation.

Distance wise, I did several times but is almost there. I am not sure wh. Some so less.

As for timer clock, I was the one spoilt it by accident. Cannot sleep so I end up test everything. Suddenly it sparks and finished.

:(

Now I pray my review will not be so bad. Haha.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

I thought the 21km was a little short... But since Joe confirm a few times, glad that I got my PB for this race.

Good race, my worry of conjestion due to narrow PCN was unfound.. Smooth runnning all the way. Ample water point too.

1) the person who was tying his/her shoe laces in the middle of the lane is simply inconsiderate ! I almost tripped over him .

2) my nike app also clocked 19.8km only

3) didn't take the isotonic drink as it taste weird

4) weather is good luckily .

5) too bad the water is not cold at hydration point

6) ample distance markers

7) can consider giving only 500ml instead of 1.5 litre water at finishing as i saw alot leaving behind opened bottles after drinking few sips. Such a waste

8. unique medal

9) was there BIG water droplet formed after the race??

As for timer clock, I was the one spoilt it by accident. Cannot sleep so I end up test everything. Suddenly it sparks and finished.

:(

Now I pray my review will not be so bad. Haha.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

LOL. Quite funny. ?no worries, the run was great! hope u'll still be the one organizing for next year's run.

No worries , Joe ! Hands all up...!!

I enjoyed the run today ..enough of hydration. . I agreed with ayukawa22 , the 1.5L water was a good give out but I think that 500ml is good enough liao ... .

Looking forward to next year ....

Did u guys realised that the same group of foreign runners are going around to different local events to wipe up all the cash prizes ?

I managed to speak to one of them...in fact they don't go back to their countries...they travel around south east countries with their manager, stay at budget hotel...this week in Singapore, next week Malaysia, Thailand then Indonesia etc...you will see them in NTuc, 2xu run.

They are using running as a source of income for their living...not sure is it right ? They know that winning champions are easily for them. ASEAN runners are no match for them. The top guns go for standard chartered, boston...the lower class go for local events. Do we really need them to raise our running standard? Local runners are complaining with them around, they got no chance to win..

Countries like Thailand, Malaysia are beginning to ban them, or not to give cash as rewards....

Your comments...

A good run overall...... distance was also shorter than the intended.... same as the others.... the rest of the items were good..... and the weather was so forgiving today.... cant believe it.... such cooling weather was quite rare these days..... Thanks Joe and team for the effort!!! Well Done!!!

Joe, thumbs up for the good job. Basically I cannot find any flaws for this run. If really there is, most probably is the isotonic drink. Anyway we also understand that this is a budget run, we are all mentally prepared for it. So overall I give the organizers an A for today's run

Thank you Joe for the excellent race today! Everything went really went. The weather was good, there wasn't serious overcrowding, hydration was more than ample, and the whole race felt really organised. Kudos to the organising team. Me and my friends were really impressed by this race.

Some issues for me was the lack of parking lots but I guess that's not within ur control. The 10km race started a little later too but that's due to the 21km leaders returning so fair enough. Plus the weather wasn't hot even at the end of the race so nth detrimental. The isotonic drink was really bad though. Tasted like cough syrup. But at least there's plenty of water available phew...

On the bright side, I achieved my personal best today too! 53mins50s as I passed the 10km marker and 55mins30s as I passed the finishing line so either way both are way btr than my ahm finishing of 59mins40s. Contented. The medal was really nice looking and of solid quality too. Race tee feels comfortable (though I didn't wear that to run). My friends and I totally enjoyed ourselves so thank you so much for all the hard work u have put in! Cheers!

Btw my Nike app says that it was 10.2km

Did u guys realised that the same group of foreign runners are going around to different local events to wipe up all the cash prizes ?

I managed to speak to one of them...in fact they don't go back to their countries...they travel around south east countries with their manager, stay at budget hotel...this week in Singapore, next week Malaysia, Thailand then Indonesia etc...you will see them in NTuc, 2xu run.

They are using running as a source of income for their living...not sure is it right ? They know that winning champions are easily for them. ASEAN runners are no match for them. The top guns go for standard chartered, boston...the lower class go for local events.

Do we really need them to raise our running standard.

Countries like Thailand, Malaysia are beginning to ban them, or not to give cash as rewards....

Your comments...

We can't stop people from joining anyway. If I can run at their speed I don't mind doing what they do. Anyway some runs do separate local runners & foreign runners if I recall correctly. Can't remember which run...

They are using running as a source of income for their living...not sure is it right ? They know that winning champions are easily for them. ASEAN runners are no match for them. The top guns go for standard chartered, boston...the lower class go for local events.

Do we really need them to raise our running standard.

Your comments...

We can't stop people from joining anyway. If I can run at their speed I don't mind doing what they do. Anyway some runs do separate local runners & foreign runners if I recall correctly. Can't remember which run...

I think it's legitimate to have foreign runners as long as a fair competition !

Close category such as SCMS, Safra Bay Run, Jurong Lake Run and ...

Joe, dun worry too much about the distance. I have not attended a race where everyone has the same distance on their watch. The race experience is more important, and u have scored A for that...this is one of the best organised and enjoyable run for me...

Joe, I have only one complain !

I was almost drown with too much water :D with too many water points and have to skip some of them.

I used to 2 km interval of water points and it has disrupted my water consumption strategy. Too little may cause dehydration and too much may cause hyponatremia or bloating.

So too many may not be a good thing !

Awesome Job Joe! This is the only race where I skip certain water points as there was too much... The race was better organised than some races that cost more than this race..

The only complain i have is the slope at the finishing point..

I was almost drown with too much water :D with too many water points and have to skip some of them.

I used to 2 km interval of water points and it has disrupted my water consumption strategy. Too little may cause dehydration and too much may cause hyponatremia or bloating.

Oops. Haha. So sorry. I never intend yo disrupt your hydration plan. I scare weather too hot. So put more standby for leisure runners. Haha.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Oops. Haha. So sorry. I never intend yo disrupt your hydration plan. I scare weather too hot. So put more standby for leisure runners. Haha.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

LOL, activerun !!

Joe, actually, I like the silent Flag Off..... Machiam like illegal running, dont want to let the residents know ... keke

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Joe, better safe than sorry on the water. If the sun is scorching at 7.30, u will hear a different story...so good to be on the safe side, but yes 600ml water bottle would be more efficient than 1.5l bottles.

Once again , thank you Joe, well organized. Plenty of water point. I also see the GU gel at 10.5 km mark. Finisher medal is special. I rate this race 8.5/10. Good job.

Nice weather, great logistics (water, signs, volunteers), beautiful place. Nice work!

Runkeeper registered 19.95km.