Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

North East Compressport Run 2015

just enjoy the organizing portion and we just enjoy the run as well.... I will also write a review on the race after the race... so future runners can take a reference from and even Joe can take it as reference too.... for your next in line CC organizing chairman.... haa

Swee...

just enjoy the organizing portion and we just enjoy the run as well.... I will also write a review on the race after the race... so future runners can take a reference from and even Joe can take it as reference too.... for your next in line CC organizing chairman.... haa

Thanks AutumnRunner,

Frankly, I may not dare read your review. Is really very detailed as I read your post for other run. Haha. Is gonna be a real stress i believed for me to pick courage to read. :)

However, I appreciated your help to give us review so that we can learn. I will surely pick my courage to read. Hopefully not so bad.

Any runners who wish share view after race, please email me at josephtanpngrl@gmail.com

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Thanks AutumnRunner,

Frankly, I may not dare read your review. Is really very detailed as I read your post for other run. Haha. Is gonna be a real stress i believed for me to pick courage to read. :)

However, I appreciated your help to give us review so that we can learn. I will surely pick my courage to read. Hopefully not so bad.

Any runners who wish share view after race, please email me at josephtanpngrl@gmail.com

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

relax la Joe... must be confident of what you had organised for us ah...hahah.... i am sure it will be fine.... dun stress yourself too much.... try to get some sleep ah.... testing the route there midnight ah?? got see the family of 4 or 5 dogs??

Thanks AutumnRunner,

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

First of all, thank you Sir for your active engagement with the runners (Beware! don't get hooked by the forum :D) and opened up more slots that allowed me to be part of the run this year.

I will be there even though suffered minor calf injury 2 days ago during my routine run.

One green idea from Run 350 that may be incorporated into more future community organized events.

By Bicycle

Play an active role in reducing your carbon footprint by cycling to the event. You can opt to cycle to the race site on 5 April 2015. There will be on-site bicycle racks for you to mount your bikes.

I'm amazed to read from Facebook that despite the race being 2 days away, more than 130 runners have yet to collect their race pack. Considering the relatively small size of this event the percentage is quite big. Even more amazed that organiser still accommodating runners for collecting of race pack.

I think they just spoilt the market for the big boys. If this was a Pink Apple or HiVelocity event, I doubt they will be so accommodating. And they will probably tell u to fly kite. If u dun collect yr business. Or perhaps make you go to some ultra ulu location to collect from their office or something. And probably only during office hours (excluding lunch hour)

I'm also amazed that a whole 1.5 litre of water is being given out at the finishing line. I bet you there will be some who will complain about this as well. So much lah. Waste water lah. So heavy lah etc. Brace yourself > Its coming.

But on a more serious note, do be aware for causes of hyponatremia or over-hydration as it can be a more serious medical issue than dehydration. In fact I remember reading somewhere that this is the most serious problem in all races. So Joe might want to brief yr medical support staff to look out for this too.

Good luck all! Have a great race! Stay safe and have fun!!

It's good to see the event organizer actively engaging runners on the event.

Two thumbs up to JOE!

Though I am not running this event, I hope everyone will have a good run and everything go smoothly for Joe and the organizing team.

Thanks AutumnRunner,

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

relax la Joe... must be confident of what you had organised for us ah...hahah.... i am sure it will be fine.... dun stress yourself too much.... try to get some sleep ah.... testing the route there midnight ah?? got see the family of 4 or 5 dogs??

Hi AutumnRunner,

Yeah. But only noticed 3 dogs. Will.be camping with them on Sat. So hopefully they can be my watchdog. :)

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

I'm amazed to read from Facebook that despite the race being 2 days away, more than 130 runners have yet to collect their race pack. Considering the relatively small size of this event the percentage is quite big. Even more amazed that organiser still accommodating runners for collecting of race pack.

I think they just spoilt the market for the big boys. If this was a Pink Apple or HiVelocity event, I doubt they will be so accommodating. And they will probably tell u to fly kite. If u dun collect yr business. Or perhaps make you go to some ultra ulu location to collect from their office or something. And probably only during office hours (excluding lunch hour)

I'm also amazed that a whole 1.5 litre of water is being given out at the finishing line. I bet you there will be some who will complain about this as well. So much lah. Waste water lah. So heavy lah etc. Brace yourself > Its coming.

But on a more serious note, do be aware for causes of hyponatremia or over-hydration as it can be a more serious medical issue than dehydration. In fact I remember reading somewhere that this is the most serious problem in all races. So Joe might want to brief yr medical support staff to look out for this too.

Good luck all! Have a great race! Stay safe and have fun!!

Hi lonewolf

Thanks for sharing.

Regards to Race Pack Collection, we are not spoiling market la. As we are a community run event, our aim is hope participants are happy, and this can be a good bonding with runners in community.

Regards to water, I understand your point. Reason we set more hydration and give 1.5litre is we know the weather is going to be really hot. While we trust runners will know how to estimate their hydration. We will keep a close look out on these over hydration people as well.

Thank you for reminding us.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Hi AutumnRunner,

Yeah. But only noticed 3 dogs. Will.be camping with them on Sat. So hopefully they can be my watchdog. :)

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

haha...... a family of 2 or 3 children with parents.... I seen them bathing before in the waterway... camping ah....wah.. .thought just come earlier in the morning to setup only?? hahaha..... going to be free laioz after this event..... very fast one.....

Hi AutumnRunner,

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

haha...... a family of 2 or 3 children with parents.... I seen them bathing before in the waterway... camping ah....wah.. .thought just come earlier in the morning to setup only?? hahaha..... going to be free laioz after this event..... very fast one.....

Hi AutumnRunner

Yup. Gotta camp there. Look after everything as well as midnight tour to ensure route and safety and final setup checks.

No choice. Life as volunteer, life as organizing team, life as organizing chairman. Haha. Thankfully we got all of you appreciate our effort.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

For baggage deposit, need to produce confirmation slip?

Hi Xpoppop

Yes please. We will provide a bag tag once you produce the confirmation slip.

I know very hastle. But going through the race pack collection, we know volunteers are not as easy managed. To prevent and minimize hiccup, we appreciate runners to bring the confirmation slip to ensure got baggage. In order for me to easily brief my volunteers.

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

One more sleep to run....

Load for the last time but don't overload it , hydrate well, sleep early tonight...

Dear All

Please give us your support as well. After your run, if possible stay behind. By 1015-1030hrs, we will gather all runners alongside with our organizing team to form a Huge water droplet design. Taking a picture from aerial view.

Looking forward to have your support.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Hi Xpoppop

I know very hastle. But going through the race pack collection, we know volunteers are not as easy managed. To prevent and minimize hiccup, we appreciate runners to bring the confirmation slip to ensure got baggage. In order for me to easily brief my volunteers.

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

confirmation slip?? Can't we just use the race tag??

Hi Xpoppop

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Hi Joe, I second Mark Lee's suggestion.

I've volunteered at race baggage deposit before, and one key criteria is to keep the queue short - meaning we have to minimise the time we process each person in the queue.

From my experience, race tag is the fastest way for volunteers to identify participants, as most will either be wearing the tag already, or have it in their hands. If you make participants hunt for confirmation slips at the bag deposit station, it will add time and create an unnecessary queue, especially during peak timings.

So far this race has been doing a very great job.

From pricing to RPC & updating of info.

Just hope tomorrow race turns out great as well.

Wondering how those without Private transport are going to get there on time ?

Dear All

Please give us your support as well. After your run, if possible stay behind. By 1015-1030hrs, we will gather all runners alongside with our organizing team to form a Huge water droplet design. Taking a picture from aerial view.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Haha Joe why not page for SGRunners whom are running tomorrow after the run? We want to take a photo with you. Haha

Hi Xpoppop

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

I've volunteered at race baggage deposit before, and one key criteria is to keep the queue short - meaning we have to minimise the time we process each person in the queue.

From my experience, race tag is the fastest way for volunteers to identify participants, as most will either be wearing the tag already, or have it in their hands. If you make participants hunt for confirmation slips at the bag deposit station, it will add time and create an unnecessary queue, especially during peak timings.

Just like the stand chart run, making everyone to deposit inside the plastic bag & paste the sticker. End up what happened? Everyone start searching for pen and writing on one another's back in the q. Not practical lah

Dear All

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Haha Joe why not page for SGRunners whom are running tomorrow after the run? We want to take a photo with you. Haha

Hi Xpoppop

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Just like the stand chart run, making everyone to deposit inside the plastic bag & paste the sticker. End up what happened? Everyone start searching for pen and writing on one another's back in the q. Not practical lah
Hi dai_van

Firstly, thanks for your feedback and all. Yes. We have bag tag to place. Reason we ask for confirmation slip is to ensure they purchased. As what happen was we realized the volunteers at race pack collection forget to issue the tag. But we hear you. Later we will re-look. As now we are busy deploying.

For photo taking? Hmm. Seriously, I dare not take the credits. Is credit to our Runners (all of you) and my team of members supporting me. Sure, why not? After the huge droplet, we can make announcement to invite our dear supporters who are keen for a group photo together. Just afraid later no one come forward. So embarassing.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Dear All

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Hi Xpoppop

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Hi dai_van

Firstly, thanks for your feedback and all. Yes. We have bag tag to place. Reason we ask for confirmation slip is to ensure they purchased. As what happen was we realized the volunteers at race pack collection forget to issue the tag. But we hear you. Later we will re-look. As now we are busy deploying.

For photo taking? Hmm. Seriously, I dare not take the credits. Is credit to our Runners (all of you) and my team of members supporting me. Sure, why not? After the huge droplet, we can make announcement to invite our dear supporters who are keen for a group photo together. Just afraid later no one come forward. So embarassing.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Btw do we need to be in the event tee for the droplet photo taking ? Cos I will not be wearing it. I don't usually run in t-shirt.

Joe, a last minute question, will isotonic drinks or banana be provided? If yes, may i know what brand of isotonic drinks and at which points it will be provided? This is so we can adjust our run/refuel strategy accordingly for 21km.... I am not suggesting you get them now if it won't be provided due to whatever reasons, just want to manage own expectations.... Thanks