Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

North East Compressport Run 2015

After this run, need to head to 2 venues to collect running hour and 2xu racepacks!! A great weekend to look forward to !!!

erm, sorry just to check the distant again, because i rty using google map twice and i get 8.5km per loop only. Joe u really sure it is 10.5km?

Hi ibelieveindevil

The distance is 10.5km with some plus minus but it should not be so far acry. We did send out our team to try out and some distance we received from various kind of distance measurement are as below:

9.8km. 10.1km, 10.6km. the worst distance we received is about 9.6km. We do not want to say whose app or watch is the most accurate. But it is a rough guide and on top, this similar loop was applied during Tri-Factor during 2014. So we did not do any much change hence we can forsee the distance should be correct?

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

erm, sorry just to check the distant again, because i rty using google map twice and i get 8.5km per loop only. Joe u really sure it is 10.5km?

Hi ibelieveindevil

The distance is 10.5km with some plus minus but it should not be so far acry. We did send out our team to try out and some distance we received from various kind of distance measurement are as below:

9.8km. 10.1km, 10.6km. the worst distance we received is about 9.6km. We do not want to say whose app or watch is the most accurate. But it is a rough guide and on top, this similar loop was applied during Tri-Factor during 2014. So we did not do any much change hence we can forsee the distance should be correct?

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

I did the Tri-Factor 2014 and the distance was very close based on my Timex RT. So, if same route, should be very close to accurate.

3 days to go everyone... Time to rest and Carbo load if needed...

Wow. Thats certainly a pressure and stress for my team and me. Haha. That explain some of us have not been sleeping since last 3 days.

Omg. Cannot believe from the first day we announced until now. This event is the most stressed one. Haha.

Once again, really thanks to all for your valuable input. Hopefully our virgin attempt to organize this run event will not receive too much negative.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Joe, so far so good. Dun give yourself too much pressure & stress. Just keep a close watch over 2 aspects I think overall most runners will give the race a thumbs up.

Safety (hydration, first aid) & logistic support (information availability & no long delays before and after the run)

Wah Joe, its meant to be a gentle reminder to fellow runners only....hahah.... dun be too stress about it... as long as you had planned it well, a little small hiccups here and there wun spoil the show.....as what dai_van mentioned, the most important for me is hydration at each station and the blockage of returning 21km runners by 10km runners (since its 2 loops for 21km)..... so as long as all are planned for, they will be ok on that day.....smilezz

Wow.. Seriously, reading comments here and our North East Compressport Run 2015 facebook comments, I must really thanks everyone for helping us so far.

I never take any negative comments or complains or feedback badly. Rather, we look at a perspective that there are many more for us to learn, change and look into. We tried our best. I can assure everyone.

Thanks to AutumnRunner for your great effort in sharing, facebooking me, SGRunners forum here, etc. I appreciate so much.

I would like to ensure ALL my dearest runners, if you are here in forum here.

I have deployed a total of 7 waterpoint out along Waterway park, one loop of waterway park should be 10.5km. So it is less than 2 km per water point distance.

With each waterpoint, we are deploying 55 cartons of Water (each carton is 12 bottles of 1.5litres of water). I am quite certain that there is enough water for all my runners. Even paper cups we have 6000 cups at every station (total we have 3000 runners - among which 200 are running 500m Parents Child run, no waterpoint and 1000 running 5km run, which only past the first and the last station. So I foresee that it should be enough. We have about 4000 cups on standby in our main area to despatch to station not sufficient as well. Hydration should not be an issue.

Medic point we have a stretch well covered by AMS ambulance who coming with buggies, cyclist, stationed medic, as well as our First aider volunteers. We are deploying close to about 80 along the waterway, hence the activation *Touch wood* will be fast. as we have ambulance, buggies that can be immediate response as well as cyclist to rush to site.

As for the blockage, I have done the final check with my team, although I do not know how to describe, I hope that by doing this plan, you will be able to experience a better run experience with us.

My worries is also at the finish, although we have a proper tentage, queueing system to give finisher medal, banana and 1.5litre of water to our participants, I am afraid that if the queue is slow, runners will complain. But I have limited resources as well, hence, each category is only about 2 queue. Hopefully you all can endure the heat and queue at the grass there to wait patiently. hahaha.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Give 1.5litre of water to runner at finishing ??!!

Hi ayukawa22,

Yes. At the finishing point, collect 1.5litre water, finisher final piece medal as well as banana. :)

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

That's very generous Joe... Thumbs up... The 7 waterpts are definitely adequate... So hope the volunteers are adequate to pour them too....

Wow, sounds like a good plan. I would encourage Joe to go for a run at the intended route once more before race day, just to make sure everything is really in place.

3 more sleeps !!!!

Yes ! So stressful ! This is my first SG race of the year ^^ Hope to take more peektures

Wow, sounds like a good plan. I would encourage Joe to go for a run at the intended route once more before race day, just to make sure everything is really in place.

Cycle slowly look see also can !

I just did a short run at part of the route... Saw signages that ask people to join the race... I thought Its signage for distances... Haaa....

Anyway Joe, will the be distance markers along the route?

Wow.. Seriously, reading comments here and our North East Compressport Run 2015 facebook comments, I must really thanks everyone for helping us so far.

I never take any negative comments or complains or feedback badly. Rather, we look at a perspective that there are many more for us to learn, change and look into. We tried our best. I can assure everyone.

Thanks to AutumnRunner for your great effort in sharing, facebooking me, SGRunners forum here, etc. I appreciate so much.

I would like to ensure ALL my dearest runners, if you are here in forum here.

I have deployed a total of 7 waterpoint out along Waterway park, one loop of waterway park should be 10.5km. So it is less than 2 km per water point distance.

With each waterpoint, we are deploying 55 cartons of Water (each carton is 12 bottles of 1.5litres of water). I am quite certain that there is enough water for all my runners. Even paper cups we have 6000 cups at every station (total we have 3000 runners - among which 200 are running 500m Parents Child run, no waterpoint and 1000 running 5km run, which only past the first and the last station. So I foresee that it should be enough. We have about 4000 cups on standby in our main area to despatch to station not sufficient as well. Hydration should not be an issue.

Medic point we have a stretch well covered by AMS ambulance who coming with buggies, cyclist, stationed medic, as well as our First aider volunteers. We are deploying close to about 80 along the waterway, hence the activation *Touch wood* will be fast. as we have ambulance, buggies that can be immediate response as well as cyclist to rush to site.

As for the blockage, I have done the final check with my team, although I do not know how to describe, I hope that by doing this plan, you will be able to experience a better run experience with us.

My worries is also at the finish, although we have a proper tentage, queueing system to give finisher medal, banana and 1.5litre of water to our participants, I am afraid that if the queue is slow, runners will complain. But I have limited resources as well, hence, each category is only about 2 queue. Hopefully you all can endure the heat and queue at the grass there to wait patiently. hahaha.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Thanks Joe & team.

Saw from Facebook you guy extended Race Pack collection days and even to Punggol. :thumbsu:

For me, this is a community run. So, got waterpoints will do. Some congestion I don't mind knowing how narrow the route is. It's all about expectations and all must be realistic.

Looking forward to Sunday morning.

3 more sleeps !!!!

Yes ! So stressful ! This is my first SG race of the year ^^ Hope to take more peektures

Cycle slowly look see also can !

Ya, cycle also can.

The idea is the race director must have run (or cycle) the route at least once before race day. Because based on what Joe wrote, it seems like only paper planning and looking at maps only. Being there, on the actual ground is crucial.

Dear All,

Thanks. Yes! For all my precious Running participants. I have took effort to walk/jog around the route daily At midnight.

I have been having sleepless nights and being a resident in Punggol myself, I done my part to know my place as well. :) hope that help.

As for water, my concern when I was arrowed to do run event is Safety and Water.

I promised I will do some good efforts to the best my team can do. I hope I will not collapsed on the day. Haha. First event race director collapsed? Hee

Dear All,

Thanks. Yes! For all my precious Running participants. I have took effort to walk/jog around the route daily At midnight.

I have been having sleepless nights and being a resident in Punggol myself, I done my part to know my place as well. :) hope that help.

As for water, my concern when I was arrowed to do run event is Safety and Water.

I promised I will do some good efforts to the best my team can do. I hope I will not collapsed on the day. Haha. First event race director collapsed? Hee

:: thumbs up ::

Ya @hitman, got peekture evidence posted before in facebook the committee go look see look see at night ^^

Haha initially wanted to joke but didn't type...but now I saw Joe himself also joke 1st event RD collapse :)

Was saying cycle cos later if you suggest Joe go 1 jog 1 time before the event, I scared next day he needs to rest liao. OOr the event might need to be cancelled ?

Ya @hitman, got peekture evidence posted before in facebook the committee go look see look see at night ^^

Haha initially wanted to joke but didn't type...but now I saw Joe himself also joke 1st event RD collapse :)

Was saying cycle cos later if you suggest Joe go 1 jog 1 time before the event, I scared next day he needs to rest liao. OOr the event might need to be cancelled ?

Hi Maxwoon,

No worries on any joke actually. For me, I never regards myself as a Grassroots Leader or any superstar. I only remind myself I am just one of the "more free time" people who wish to organize sports for fellow sports enthusiast to take part. I wish to connect to all my fellow participants if possible, making friends with as many. Building friendship. Rather than letting people feel we are just a leader or organizer.

After event, be it good or bad, hope people here can regards me as a friend. Haha.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

just enjoy the organizing portion and we just enjoy the run as well.... I will also write a review on the race after the race... so future runners can take a reference from and even Joe can take it as reference too.... for your next in line CC organizing chairman.... haa