Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

North East Compressport Run 2015

Dear Runners

We understand that there are some runners who have not collected your Race Pack.

We will be arranging for alternate collection as below:

Date: 10 March 2015 - 12 March 2015

Time: 1900hrs - 2100hrs

Venue: Punggol21 Community Club, 80 Punggol Field Singapore 828815

Runners are advised to bring along your NRIC/Passport and Confirmation Slip during the collection in order to experience a smoother transaction.

Once again, thank you for the support.

As this additional collection is adhoc planned, only my Organizing Vice Chairman and myself will be there to manage to counter. We really seek runners' assistance not to rush us and wait patiently if the queue is long.

Since is a working days, we understand volunteers too had long day working, hence, we decided to try to handle ourselves.

I look forward to seeing all on race day if you collected.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Dear Runners

We understand that there are some runners who have not collected your Race Pack.

Runners are advised to bring along your NRIC/Passport and Confirmation Slip during the collection in order to experience a smoother transaction.

As this additional collection is adhoc planned, only my Organizing Vice Chairman and myself will be there to manage to counter. We really seek runners' assistance not to rush us and wait patiently if the queue is long.

Since is a working days, we understand volunteers too had long day working, hence, we decided to try to handle ourselves.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Wah! Salute!

Dear Runners

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Wah! Salute!

Hi Wonderfulbelvic

No choice la. We also hope to avoid having any possibility of runners collecting on race day. So that my team can focus on the event than to having prepare to issue packs on race day too.

But I really hope runners understand, it is really not easy to satisfied all. However, as much as we have tried our best, this is the best solution.

There is one of the runner, showing us that his wife has just delivered, and hope we can do a favor to deliver to hospital for him and he is likely to missed the race. We also did that, and we just back from hospital to our Punggol21 CC now to do the rest of preparation.

Anyway, I have a question to all running experts here.

If my team sending out email, if we mass email to the participants, likely some may fall into spam mail? Is there any way we can do it in mass and avoid going spam? As we are worried that we may get another complain that email went to spam.

After Race pack collection, now we are working to send email to inform runners who yet receive to collect on the alternate plan.

We are also planning to email to all the runners on the Program and timeline to make sure no confusion.

Please advise us.

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Wow you catered for 6L of water for each participant. Should be more than enough I guess. Probable risk is more of allocation between stations. I would think first few stations may not need as much water.

Not running this event but good luck to you! Will participate next time if you're still in charge and my transport issues are not so much of a problem. Very refreshing to have a very transparent organiser. Appreciate your very detailed and long posts. Must have been quite an effort.

Hi Wonderfulblevic

Firstly, I am really honored when I read your message. Thank you for giving my team and myself a chance to do this event for Runners. Also thank you for your kind words. In fact, I feel flattered and teared. Of course, I am not a lady but I am a guy who get emotional easily.

This may be my LAST Running event as Organizing Chairman. North East Run for Pasir Ris Punggol GRC is a yearly event but organized rotation between 7 Community Clubs in the GRC (Pasir Ris Eilas CC, Pasir Ris East CC, Punggol21 CC, Punggol Vista CC, Rivervale CC, Seng Kang CC, Punggol South CC). This year it so happen that it is lead by my CC, Punggol21 CC and I happen to be the Running Interest Group Convenor, so I lead.

Next year, it will not be by my CC or me anymore. Nevertheless, I will make sure I will provide to the take over Organizing Chairman a suggestion to the team to ensure that they will try their best to engage to Runners via various platform especially from this Forum, Personally I learnt alot from here and thanks for all the suggestion and feedback.

Most important, I would like to thank also to AutumnRunner who decide to catch me via email/facebook to directly outreach to me for feedbacks when I was 'missing' here due to unwell as well as busy.

I am very appreciative to all the support you Runners given to me.

Lastly, 5 more days to flag off. I wish Runners all the best, I sincerely hope that this run can be a run which Runners feel the sincere and effort put up by my Organizing Team. Although is just loops but their effort is what I really treasure.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

This is first time I see organiser so prompt in replying and in a long reply,of course in a good way.

So thumbs up for Mr. Joe.. for the time and effort.

No problem Joe... I am just trying to help solve some of the minor issues that I think might create a big woohaa if not handled properly...

I am just doing my small part as a runner and seeing that u r really trying your best to make things happen, I de idea to go the extra mile...

Yes 5 more days and see u at the starting line....

I don't care much about the singlet, race route clash and all that. What I'm most bothered about is the wrong mascot came down during RPC. As stated by Joseph it was Water Willy. Water Willy ???

It should be Water Wally. 'Willy' has some other meaning .... if you know what I mean :thumbsu:

Those who dun get the joke, type "definition of willy" on Google search. LoL

For those who met Water Willy, The PUB Mascot, I hope you enjoyed and manage to snap some nice picture too.

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

North East Compressport Run

Vice Chairman for Punggol North Community Sports Club

Haha... you're really funny. I didnt notice the mistake. Anyway, from the way Joe typed his message here, I guess language is not his strength so give him some leeway lah..

It was a tongue-in-cheek comment la...just to take away some of the 'seriousness' that has been going on about the t-shirt sizing and race route.

As far as I'm concern, Joe's been doing a good job and see you all this Sunday.

PS: Don't dun forget to bring the real kid-friendly mascot this Sunday, Joseph... (OK, OK, that was the last joke ) :thumbsu:

Go by sms

Hi Ayukawa22,

We did try but realize many number wrong and got error sending. The race pack collection was a good example. We mass sms. But apparently some numbers received. Some failed sending and got effort message. Instead we got a high.percentage that the number got error sending. But sending one by one, I will be in trouble because 3000 runners in total. :)

Runners,

As we hear all voices. We wonder and would like to seek you advise.

Do you think if we now change the flag off timing to a better timing. Majority runners will be fine?

We are thinking of changing to the following:

6.30am - 21km

8am - 10.5km

9am - 5km

10am - 500m Parent-child

But it is not confirm if we wanna change due to we afraid people may not be happy with change.

Please share your view.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Hi Organizer,

i just noticed i took a Kid Size T Shirt, Instead Of Adult Size. Need to feedback for Apparel Sponsor. Coz Their Label din indicate Kid Size.

Volunteer might easily mix up.

I look forward to exchange.

Thanks

Regards

Teck Hooi

Hi Organizer,

i just noticed i took a Kid Size T Shirt, Instead Of Adult Size. Need to feedback for Apparel Sponsor. Coz Their Label din indicate Kid Size.

Volunteer might easily mix up.

I look forward to exchange.

Thanks

Regards

Teck Hooi

Hi Teck Hooi

Can you email us, johnnygohgro@gmail.com

We will arrange exchange. We feedback to them on that tag issue already.

I am sO sorry for the mixed.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Hi Joe. I would leave the start times as scheduled. People may already have made plans as they have been published for so long and changing at the last minute generally will annoy more people than it will please. Just my opinion though...

Last minute changes will lead to more screw-ups and some people will find reasons to blame on the organizer.

Just stick to the original plan.

erm, sorry just to check the distant again, because i rty using google map twice and i get 8.5km per loop only. Joe u really sure it is 10.5km?

Hi ibelieveindevil

The distance is 10.5km with some plus minus but it should not be so far acry. We did send out our team to try out and some distance we received from various kind of distance measurement are as below:

9.8km. 10.1km, 10.6km. the worst distance we received is about 9.6km. We do not want to say whose app or watch is the most accurate. But it is a rough guide and on top, this similar loop was applied during Tri-Factor during 2014. So we did not do any much change hence we can forsee the distance should be correct?

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Runners,

As we hear all voices. We wonder and would like to seek you advise.

Do you think if we now change the flag off timing to a better timing. Majority runners will be fine?

We are thinking of changing to the following:

6.30am - 21km

8am - 10.5km

9am - 5km

10am - 500m Parent-child

But it is not confirm if we wanna change due to we afraid people may not be happy with change.

Please share your view.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

I agree with the others, it is probably not advisable to make a last minute change, considering we are less than a week away. Furthermore, this may cause runners in later categories to be tormented by the sun.

In my opinion, at this point of time, minimal changes should be made. Probably what's most important, as many others have suggested, is ensuring the quality of the route (signs, no obstructions), aid stations and making sure the day's events run according to schedule :) Thanks Joe for all your hard work so far and I'm looking forward to the run this Sunday :)

Dear All runners,

Thanks for the sharing. We are not changing the time. We will do our best to ensure that crowd size is not jam during the run. We have also deploy enough hydration points for water.

We will do our best in the planning for Sunday.

Looking forward to seeing all on Race day.

Thank you for your feedbacks and encouragement.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

erm, sorry just to check the distant again, because i rty using google map twice and i get 8.5km per loop only. Joe u really sure it is 10.5km?

Hi ibelieveindevil

The distance is 10.5km with some plus minus but it should not be so far acry. We did send out our team to try out and some distance we received from various kind of distance measurement are as below:

9.8km. 10.1km, 10.6km. the worst distance we received is about 9.6km. We do not want to say whose app or watch is the most accurate. But it is a rough guide and on top, this similar loop was applied during Tri-Factor during 2014. So we did not do any much change hence we can forsee the distance should be correct?

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

The Tri Factor run last year measured at 20.9km on one of my friend's Garmin so if the turn point is the same on the east side of the waterway on Punggol Promenade then it should be about right. The race route map on the website shows the turn as being further south than Sunrise Bridge so hopefully it is the same as Tri Factor.

Hi ibelieveindevil

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

The Tri Factor run last year measured at 20.9km on one of my friend's Garmin so if the turn point is the same on the east side of the waterway on Punggol Promenade then it should be about right. The race route map on the website shows the turn as being further south than Sunrise Bridge so hopefully it is the same as Tri Factor.

Hi Ben Pickford

I am thankful to you. Yes, we are about the same as Tri-Factor run. Hence, the distance should be about the same.

Thank you for sharing.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

5 more days to go...........

Haha. AutumnRunner

Thanks. Very stressed.. Your countdown really help me to think that this stress and pressure is going to be over soon. But at the same time, we are also pressured by the fact we hope we can end the event with a good pat and applause from the participants for our effort. We dare not say is confirmed a very world class or even a perfect event. But we will say is a sincere event that we tried our best.

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman