Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

North East Compressport Run 2015

based on the chart..the size xxl should be 23 inch across chest...but when i measured it is only 22 inch...why short change us.

post-1999-0-85426000-1425724697_thumb.jp

They thought that when you running the race, you will start losing water, so they discount the 1 inch mah...haha

My Dear Precious Runners,

Many thanks for your constant feedbacks. I am sorry that I am unable to log in regularly since CNY to follow up. I am happy that AutumnRunner at least PM me on facebook and did some follow up.

Let me share some of the concern since the last with all of you here.

1. Route,

Reason Npark has objected us to change to any routes proposed by any of you here. They are not favoured to allowed us to use Park Connector anymore, last run allowed believed to be Otter Run from Punggol Park. Reason they cited is public complain.

2. Race Tee design

I am so sorry that if any one feel that the tee is lousy design or material. We have done our best to ensure that the color is Neon and Orange to make it bright, as well as the material, we have been ensured by Sponsor, Compressport that the tee they provide is a better quality. Although personally, I do feel is better than SIA Run even. At least I see the Compressport tag. Sorry for my naive if any.

3. Poor communication here.

I am sorry, apart from falling sick often recently, I have been busy and took up some new roles and assignment apart from just this event. I have been following everything very tightly, hence, losing of time to be online here to engage with any of you. I sincerely hope you will be mad or disappointed with me. Nevertheless, I have also been engaging with any one who left message on facebook as I am also one of the admin. I hope you forgive me.

4. Race Pack Collection

I again apologize for any bad experience on the shirt size, if you receive Kids' Size instead of adult or Adult instead of kids. I am really not aware that there was such issue until late noon when I had some of you came to ask and happen that I was the one attend to. Ever since, we have managed to ensure the shirts are issued correctly. I really seek your kind understanding. If you had taken the wrong size, I really seek your forgiveness to come to Seng Kang CC to change between 10am-6pm (if possible early morning so that I can avoid later disappointment). Otherwise, please kindly email to johnnygohgro@gmail.com, to contact Mr Johnny Goh who is my Organizing Vice Chairman, working very hard along with me to help to do our best for all runners.

5. Race Pack Collection change of timing for collection

I understand initially is 12pm-8pm, however as it was a pretty late notice to us on the usage of venue timing to change, we had left with no choice but to make do and changed to 10am-6pm. We done our best to try to send out as many SMSes as possible and we hope that runners can help us spread the words around. At least we hope runners can remember to collect between 7 and 8 March 2015. If anyone really cannot make it, please email to johnnygohgro@gmail.com, we will try our best to arrange for any alternate ways or days.

6. Race Pack items

I hope that all the runners who collected the Race Pack so far are satisfied with the items. My team really work very hard to ensure that runners paid for a valuable goodies bag. I believe this is the best I can do for the Runners to thank them for their support to us.

7. Size

I am sorry at the shortchange. I do not mean to be of any joke for the lack of 1 inch. I have feedback to alert Compressport who is looking into it. Once again, I am sorry about it and hope that all the runners can forgive us.

8. Change of shirts

I am so sorry to inform, with initial sharing, our budget is tight, in fact, as of now, I do not have any cash sponsor, our event is on deficit of more than $20k, that is why we are trying hard to do everything or as many things on our own to cut cost, we are unable to order extra tee. All the tees are based on the stated size provided by Participants during the point of registration. We seek Runners' understanding on it and please forgive us if we unable to change.
At least this morning, my Organizing Vice Chairman got a scolding from a participant badly for refusing to change the size. Feel bad for my Organizing Vice Chairman but I can understand how the runner feel too. However, accept my apology please.

Of course, I will be really busy this last week as I am trying my best to ensure Race Pack Collection is smooth and after that I will be on alot of follow up with various agencies and my team to constantly do our recce, etc. I may not be able to online here much often as previous.

For any feedback, suggestions, complains, I sincerely hope the running community will not be shy to share with me. You may contact me as below:

Email: josephtanpngrl@gmail.com

Mobile: 90076333

I hope that no one will feel offended if in the event if I am too busy, I am tell you that I will contact you later or call you back, hope to get some time to understand and think before replying at times. As I always do not like to give empty promise to anyone.

I really look forward and hope that all the runners can give us your support and together, lets make this happen next week. A smooth Waterway Run.

I also would like to invite all the runners to join us to do a HUGE water droplet shape and take a picture of aerial view at around 9.30am-10am near the tentage area next week in celebrating World Water Day.

For those who met Water Willy, The PUB Mascot, I hope you enjoyed and manage to snap some nice picture too.

Thank you.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

North East Compressport Run

Vice Chairman for Punggol North Community Sports Club

At least for myself, I'm very easy.

So its not easy for me to "mad or disappointed with you" as your sincerely wish ^^

Actual race day experience to me also very important, if not more.

So far so good for me, good job Joe.

It's the race experience that matters a lot to me as well... For last few community runs attended , they were quite well organised too... I think in the end Joe forgotten to update about the start point issue I asked for 10km runners when returning 21 runners might smack into......hope its solved...

So far so good for me too ... jiayou for Joe and team...

"8. Change of shirts

I am so sorry to inform, with initial sharing, our budget is tight, in fact, as of now, I do not have any cash sponsor, our event is on deficit of more than $20k, that is why we are trying hard to do everything or as many things on our own to cut cost, we are unable to order extra tee. All the tees are based on the stated size provided by Participants during the point of registration. We seek Runners' understanding on it and please forgive us if we unable to change.

At least this morning, my Organizing Vice Chairman got a scolding from a participant badly for refusing to change the size. Feel bad for my Organizing Vice Chairman but I can understand how the runner feel too. However, accept my apology please."

If ur shirt size is wrongfully stated, I don't care whether u are earning or making a loss or u are bankrupt. Get the damn thing right, I don't pay for a galaxy note to get a s3. I pay for what I get. We have a contract and it is not up to u to decide. What about this, I pay u same amount, but in ringgit?

"8. Change of shirts

At least this morning, my Organizing Vice Chairman got a scolding from a participant badly for refusing to change the size. Feel bad for my Organizing Vice Chairman but I can understand how the runner feel too. However, accept my apology please."

If ur shirt size is wrongfully stated, I don't care whether u are earning or making a loss or u are bankrupt. Get the damn thing right, I don't pay for a galaxy note to get a s3. I pay for what I get. We have a contract and it is not up to u to decide. What about this, I pay u same amount, but in ringgit?

The tee shirt sizes issue should not be blamed on the organizer !

To date, most of the communities organized runs are still affordable compared with commercial organized races !

Due to too much complained and finger pointing in the past, some of the races have ceased to exist including my favorite 100 Plus Passion Run ...

For me with too many races, I've to give my race singlets and tees away from time to time ...

After read the organizer's detail race preparation, it was definitely a tough job to organize a race event !

Next Sunday, will be running my first North East Run and hope everyone enjoys the run !

Looks like many runners are banging tables to get the tee upsize...

the next run ntuc 350 will also be on the chopping board cos they also change the tee to the same sponser Compxxxxx.

All sizes by the same manufacturer are 1 size smaller.

Now..i am missing the sponser Brooks...their size xxl always fit me.

Some of my friends worn the tee for a run today...it is not breathable...the sweat was found trapping inside the body...

Anyone had tried it ?

Firstly, thanks to AutumnRunner feedback. The start point has been adjusted and we believed it will be fine now. We have shifted it slightly.We will share.more on facebook after our REPC.

As for the shirt sizes, we are truly sorry for the unhappiness. However, we really done our best to ensure and we really cannot afford to have any spare to standby exchange due to funding.

Once again, I seek all Runners' understanding.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

North East Compressport Run 2015

Looks like many runners are banging tables to get the tee upsize...

the next run ntuc 350 will also be on the chopping board cos they also change the tee to the same sponser Compxxxxx.

All sizes by the same manufacturer are 1 size smaller.

Now..i am missing the sponser Brooks...their size xxl always fit me.

Some of my friends worn the tee for a run today...it is not breathable...the sweat was found trapping inside the body...

Anyone had tried it ?

I also realised my XL is alittle tighter than usual. The problem is, as this is a "budget" event, do not expect Compressport to use the same material as their off-the-rack t-shirts which they sell for a premium. QC is definitely less as well. Anyway, this is not my main worry as I never wear event singlets/tees for the actual run, always wear my trusted worn-out, comfy singlets or compression tees.

My greater worry is the running experience on actual day, particularly congestion during the 10km flag-off, with potentially thousand over runners starting off, merging with the 21km runners doing their 2nd round. As I have mentioned earlier, most parts of the route, the width is no greater than 3m or about a vehicle lane width. Guess it would be tough going for PB. The other one not addressed is the return loop for 5km run on the kelong bridge, which is quite narrow and the winding, narrow and down slope path after the bridge, leading back to the running path on the waterway. Still waiting for the organisers to explain any mitigating solutions.

Collected race pack today. No queue . The tee size is perfectly ok . Have not tried running in it yet. Hopefully the material is not the same as SIA run. :(

Thanks Joe for the explanation. One more week to the race.... and i am excited.....

I usually wear singlets to run so since this is event tee, i wun be wearing it to run for 21km... i will try to search for a similar colour singlet then.... hahah..... think hard to find......

Seriously, if any shirt sponsor provides crappy singlets, why should we even wear it for the event and gives it free advertising? They should pay us for it instead. Haha!

Like some, I only wear old and used tops for events. So, not so affected by how breathable. But ifnot good dri-fit, then I will use it for sleeping and tell people don't buy this brand. LOL

Some of the comments on here about the race t shirts completely beggar belief. This is one of the cheapest races in Singapore, is a community event and the organiser is clearly making every effort to be as clear and transparent with runners as well as responding to feedback where they can. Some of the larger race organizers could learn a few things.

If you do not like the t shirt you ordered, don't wear it. Give it away to charity to someone who will be grateful to have it. And go and buy your own t shirt from a shop of your choosing.

Compressport don't have off the rack tee. Even if want to tell friends not to buy, you also wouldn't be able to buy Compressport tee ?

Some of the comments on here about the race t shirts completely beggar belief. This is one of the cheapest races in Singapore, is a community event and the organiser is clearly making every effort to be as clear and transparent with runners as well as responding to feedback where they can. Some of the larger race organizers could learn a few things.

If you do not like the t shirt you ordered, don't wear it. Give it away to charity to someone who will be grateful to have it. And go and buy your own t shirt from a shop of your choosing.

I like you.

Joe, don't be disheartened by the nasty comments some runners have made to u on the fb page or here. I understand its not easy and I personally think that you have done a really good job in trying to bring us the best experience. I am certainly contented and really love the medal quality. Looking forward to getting the second half of the medal on Sunday! And hoping to get a 10km pb next week though. But also mainly it's my first time running at punggol waterway so am really excited. Thanks for all the efforts

I think Joseph did a great job too! Esp on communications part.. Saw him early this morning once REPC opened..

Yup.... its one of the cheaper events locally so the items so far are value for money... just ensure the Race itself is ok. .. that's most important....

I am not in this race but I knw one thing, we can all agree to disagree and respect each opinion.

How others wanna spend their money/personal view of worth of 'goodie bag/freebies' is their rights...

hah

enjoy the race =)