Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

North East Compressport Run 2015

Liked the concept of the finisher medal this year but most prob gonna give the 21km a miss due to logistical issue (transport)and my knees really gonna need a break before doing 2XU-350 btb HM after doing NC:Penang-BMR HM btb.

Might do the 5km fun run just to show some support for the organizer.

Last year's edition was really

memorable. Punggol is really a good place to run.

While personally, I like Lonewolf's route, as I need not stretch my logistic and manpower to Punggol Park at Hougang as well But the route to the back, I am not sure how accessible the ambulance can be.

Yes indeed the route from Sunset bridge towards the direction of Senkang Riverside park will be quite inaccessible for an ambulance in the event of an emergency. Actually the route round Punggol Promenade Nature Walk, Punggol Point Walk isn't the most accessible as well. So really need to look at the route in details to ensure its feasible.

I will concede that while it is easy and trivial for us to play armchair route planner but we dun always take other factors into consideration like safety, logistics and accessibility. So the route suggested by AR and me may not be the most suitable for staging a race.

Last yr edition was at Pasir Ris Park so I'm sure you must have mistook it with some other race.

While personally, I like Lonewolf's route, as I need not stretch my logistic and manpower to Punggol Park at Hougang as well But the route to the back, I am not sure how accessible the ambulance can be.

Yes indeed the route from Sunset bridge towards the direction of Senkang Riverside park will be quite inaccessible for an ambulance in the event of an emergency. Actually the route round Punggol Promenade Nature Walk, Punggol Point Walk isn't the most accessible as well. So really need to look at the route in details to ensure its feasible.

I will concede that while it is easy and trivial for us to play armchair route planner but we dun always take other factors into consideration like safety, logistics and accessibility. So the route suggested by AR and me may not be the most suitable for staging a race.

Last yr edition was at Pasir Ris Park so I'm sure you must have mistook it with some other race.

What I meant was that I personally liked the organizers decision to have this year's NE run @ Punggol. I knew last years was in Pasir ris.

Hi Lonewolf and Autumnrunner

Many thanks for the contribution. I have to admit to Autumnrunner, yes! Logistic is always a concern. However, as much as it is an issue, we too hope to be able to bring to a win-win situation if possible.

I dare not promise that all these reference may be a dream come true route for especially 21km runners. But I am really looking at all very seriously and sincerely. I will be going to the route later in noon to check out personally. Hopefully I do not faint (I am still running a high fever since 3 Jan and not fully recovered yet). haha.

Give me and my team some time. Let me sort it out, as my next concern is booking for the park as well as ambulance deployment, and drink stations and how to deploy manpower to all the drink stations, etc. My most concern is always the emergency evacuation which I do not want to compromise the safety at all cost.

Let me check out more and we will revert.

On next note, as runners, do you all think is still possible to change 21km run route and not get complain?

Thank you

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

No worries Joe, we can only provide the most basic but the details which you have to look thru and consider is plenty... there must be lots of guidelines to follow thru as well.. so just do your utmost best and there are many issues which we, as runners, would not know. We will still respect the final decision of the committee. It is raining heavily now in the CBD area, so do prepare yourself for wet weather if you are heading down in the noon.

Hi Lonewolf and Autumnrunner

Many thanks for the contribution. I have to admit to Autumnrunner, yes! Logistic is always a concern. However, as much as it is an issue, we too hope to be able to bring to a win-win situation if possible.

I dare not promise that all these reference may be a dream come true route for especially 21km runners. But I am really looking at all very seriously and sincerely. I will be going to the route later in noon to check out personally. Hopefully I do not faint (I am still running a high fever since 3 Jan and not fully recovered yet). haha.

Give me and my team some time. Let me sort it out, as my next concern is booking for the park as well as ambulance deployment, and drink stations and how to deploy manpower to all the drink stations, etc. My most concern is always the emergency evacuation which I do not want to compromise the safety at all cost.

Let me check out more and we will revert.

On next note, as runners, do you all think is still possible to change 21km run route and not get complain?

Thank you

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Hi Joseph, personally I felt that most races held at Punggol are restricted at the waterway itself.. It will be good that race organizer can look at the other routes that extends beyond Punggol in the NorthEast region... Like for example, I signed up another run - Otter Run which the route will lead u from Punggol park to Buangkok and along TPE back to Punggol Park.. Its kind of refreshing than the boring waterway. Frankly I live in Punggol but I must admit this area really does have a lot of potential to explore new routes. Even till today I am continuously exploring new routes each week during my training runs.. And I am still getting surprises every week on how each route leads u to different area of North East region.

In summary please do not restrict the route to what people know but instead plan something different even though the start / end point may be the same. We runners are actually mostly adventurous people who wants to explore and discover new things from each run...

For the record, I still sign up your 10km to show my support as a punggolian : )

Hi All

Sorry for so late update.

As I had the following:

1. Running high fever for few days

2. Still checking on routes and logistics

3. Currently till 23jan, I am studying a course on real estate.

I am really sorry but to bring up that logistic cost and the deployment of ambulance and medics will be a big challenge.

With due to a very lack of fund, myself and a few of my organizing committee, we have tried pocket out our own money to fund the event already. It become very tough to proceed with the route some proposed. As we will have a higher cost of expenses. I hope all the runners can understand on our part.

As much I really sincerely hope to have a good route, I need to ensure the balance ia strike between route as well as cost.

Hope all the runners can understand and support us still.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Hi All

As I had the following:

I am really sorry but to bring up that logistic cost and the deployment of ambulance and medics will be a big challenge.

With due to a very lack of fund, myself and a few of my organizing committee, we have tried pocket out our own money to fund the event already. It become very tough to proceed with the route some proposed. As we will have a higher cost of expenses. I hope all the runners can understand on our part.

As much I really sincerely hope to have a good route, I need to ensure the balance ia strike between route as well as cost.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

No issues Joe. As we mentioned before that all these routes that we proposed is just a suggestion. we also know there are many other factors to consider, which in your case you had done and deemed that the routes are impossible to implement and the main issue is cost.... its definitely valid.. so no worries,... i am sure everyone will understand.... so just focus on giving the runners a good running experience then.....

Yah, it's ok Joseph. Tough to change and get approved race route as nearer to race day. You have kiv the suggestions for future!

Hi All

As I had the following:

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Understand.. Really appreciate the effort you and your team are putting in to organise this.

I always support community run.

In the process of signing up for 21km Men's Open and found out all categories have been sold out except 21 km Women's Open (available) and 5 km fun run (selling fast).

Can organizer convert some of the available 21 km Women's Open slots to 21 km Men's Open (since the registration is closed today) so that I still can run this year ?

Since the registration is ended today, how's the following statement came about !

• Participants with registration after 15 Feb, 2359 hour, will not have their name printed on their bib.

In the process of signing up for 21km Men's Open and found out all categories have been sold out except 21 km Women's Open (available) and 5 km fun run (selling fast).

Can organizer convert some of the available 21 km Women's Open slots to 21 km Men's Open (since the registration is closed today) so that I still can run this year ?

Since the registration is ended today, how's the following statement came about !

• Participants with registration after 15 Feb, 2359 hour, will not have their name printed on their bib.
Could be typo error

Or

Later you see a statement: Due to overwhelming demand, we have open registration for limited number of slots. Only next x days. Hurry!

LOL

Could be typo error

Or

Later you see a statement: Due to overwhelming demand, we have open registration for limited number of slots. Only next x days. Hurry!

LOL

post-15160-0-21513800-1422680224_thumb.j

Thank You to the organizer especially Joseph (Organizing Chairman) :good: for extra slots for Men's Open 21 km !

So able to run this year !

Latest update from official facebook

Updates:

As the date get closer, we left really limited slots!

30 more slots for 21km Mens Open
30 more slots for 21km Women Open
Last 100 more slots for 5km Fun Run.

The rest of the categories are fully subscribed.

We thank all registered participants for your participation.

We look forward to seeing you on race day.

Looking at the race route, I believe the start and end point are at around the same location, along a narrow path of around 3m wide. For the 10.5km runners, as they line up along the start point at 7.30am, there would also be 21km runners passing by running a second loop, would there be alot of congestion then on such a narrow path?

Also, for the 5km run, where the u-turn at kelong bridge, this bridge is very narrow and the winding path connecting it back to the return route is even narrower. I can forsee a very bad bottleneck here too. Just some comments as the waterway is my usual running route.

Looking at the race route, I believe the start and end point are at around the same location, along a narrow path of around 3m wide. For the 10.5km runners, as they line up along the start point at 7.30am, there would also be 21km runners passing by running a second loop, would there be alot of congestion then on such a narrow path?

Also, for the 5km run, where the u-turn at kelong bridge, this bridge is very narrow and the winding path connecting it back to the return route is even narrower. I can forsee a very bad bottleneck here too. Just some comments as the waterway is my usual running route.

Hi Joe,

Unsure if you would come into the sgrunner forum before the start of the event.... since the timing of the different categories of runs cannot be changed.... i hope u can consider (or maybe already considered) to have at least a path for the 21km runners to run past the crowd when the 10.5km runners set off.... reason being that given the narrow path of about 3-3.5m... when the 10.5km runners report to the starting pen, they will sure crowd up the entire pathway... and after 1hr (7.30am), many runners are starting their 2nd round and would smack right into the bulk of 10.5km runners... the path is for 21km runners to bypass the crowd.... secondly, i hope there will be a dedicated path on the right of the pathway maybe for the first 1km of the loop to ensure that the 21km runners will not be blocked by the walkers or slower runners of 10.5km runners.....

Thanks.

Hi Joe,

Unsure if you would come into the sgrunner forum before the start of the event.... since the timing of the different categories of runs cannot be changed.... i hope u can consider (or maybe already considered) to have at least a path for the 21km runners to run past the crowd when the 10.5km runners set off.... reason being that given the narrow path of about 3-3.5m... when the 10.5km runners report to the starting pen, they will sure crowd up the entire pathway... and after 1hr (7.30am), many runners are starting their 2nd round and would smack right into the bulk of 10.5km runners... the path is for 21km runners to bypass the crowd.... secondly, i hope there will be a dedicated path on the right of the pathway maybe for the first 1km of the loop to ensure that the 21km runners will not be blocked by the walkers or slower runners of 10.5km runners.....

Thanks.

Great point for consideration, particularly if the starting pen is part of the loop itself. Even if it isn't, the dedicated path for different categories would definitely ease any congestion, though I'm speculating that a dedicated path for each category may have to be particularly narrow due to an already narrow route.

Hi Joe,

Thanks.

Great point for consideration, particularly if the starting pen is part of the loop itself. Even if it isn't, the dedicated path for different categories would definitely ease any congestion, though I'm speculating that a dedicated path for each category may have to be particularly narrow due to an already narrow route.

The narrow part, no choice... better than none i felt..... so just hope the organiser would hear from us and do this little thing to ensure there will not be more complaints......

Hi Joe,

Thanks.

Seems like this Joseph MIA for almost a month already...