Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

North East Compressport Run 2015

Did u guys realised that the same group of foreign runners are going around to different local events to wipe up all the cash prizes ?

I managed to speak to one of them...in fact they don't go back to their countries...they travel around south east countries with their manager, stay at budget hotel...this week in Singapore, next week Malaysia, Thailand then Indonesia etc...you will see them in NTuc, 2xu run.

They are using running as a source of income for their living...not sure is it right ? They know that winning champions are easily for them. ASEAN runners are no match for them. The top guns go for standard chartered, boston...the lower class go for local events. Do we really need them to raise our running standard? Local runners are complaining with them around, they got no chance to win..

Countries like Thailand, Malaysia are beginning to ban them, or not to give cash as rewards....

Your comments...

Well, they could always do open/ closed categories to promote the local scene.....

But of cos its more mafan for the organisers esp smaller events.

Did u guys realised that the same group of foreign runners are going around to different local events to wipe up all the cash prizes ?

I managed to speak to one of them...in fact they don't go back to their countries...they travel around south east countries with their manager, stay at budget hotel...this week in Singapore, next week Malaysia, Thailand then Indonesia etc...you will see them in NTuc, 2xu run.

They are using running as a source of income for their living...not sure is it right ? They know that winning champions are easily for them. ASEAN runners are no match for them. The top guns go for standard chartered, boston...the lower class go for local events. Do we really need them to raise our running standard? Local runners are complaining with them around, they got no chance to win..

Countries like Thailand, Malaysia are beginning to ban them, or not to give cash as rewards....

Your comments...

Well, they could always do open/ closed categories to promote the local scene.....

Usually for small events like that. i seldom hear organisers putting in open and close category... in the past, there arent a lot of overseas runners coming in to sweep local events, except for the big races of course.... so i think this might be the trend now.... those organisers who are all time doing running events should look into this actually.... to give the locals some possible rewards for their effort

Your comments...

Usually for small events like that. i seldom hear organisers putting in open and close category... in the past, there arent a lot of overseas runners coming in to sweep local events, except for the big races of course.... so i think this might be the trend now.... those organisers who are all time doing running events should look into this actually.... to give the locals some possible rewards for their effort

i thought we must always welcome foreign talent? Sometimes we need spurs in our hides so we can run faster.

hahah... anyway since they are running all over SEA to do this, it meant not just Sg is having races without closed category..... so i guess its about right.... still having anice weather now..... real good feeling....

Hi All

I doubt the record is out yet. As our vendor promised us 48hours while they tried to get it out by tomorrow.

Seeking your kind patience.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

oh... so the results aren't final..... I tell you Joe, if the results are out now.... ur race can really be the contender for the best organised race in 2015......

Just to clear the distance measured problem a bit. Joe, u mentioned before that Ur guys counyed 9.6km to 10.5km a loop before. The thing is, the distance is depending on the place the runner is running, those run on the outer edge will measure a longer distance, other than that, constantly shifting position to avoid collision can add some distance. So the usual method is to take the shortest, not the average to measure. It is like running 2.4km on a track, 6 inner most round is 2.4k, while 6 outermost round is much longer

A well organised run. Joe can help impart your knowledge to all other community centres around SG aspiring to organise their own runs :thumbsu:

oh... so the results aren't final..... I tell you Joe, if the results are out now.... ur race can really be the contender for the best organised race in 2015......

Lol...autumnrunner, u are stressing the poor guy......he cannot sleep tonight....:)

wahaha seems have lotsa good feedbacks. Good job Joe!

I believe that thru this organising , you be a very good race organiser liao, esp at community level..

GXGX

My Garmin Fenix 2 tracked 20.14km.

Yea...saw a fellow tying shoelace so early in the race in the middle of the road. Come...I clap for you 👏

Hydration is 👍

Gel is 👍

Though I like Pocari than the sugar drink.

Loops here is as usual boring.

I must raise 1 point is that why the pacers balloons no timing. I must run near near to their bib to see their pace...but if I can run so close to them, maybe I won't need them either 😂

Overall I give this race a 7/10.

Points deducted for isotonic drinks, loops & pacer balloons.

Good job Joe !

Wow. Really thankful for all of you to.give my team such kind review.

On behalf of Punggol North CSC, I thank everyone for the kind appreciation.

I will show to my team on negative feedbacks received as well as positive. Hoping the team will work harder in future for community.

Next year, I will not leading the run. Haha. We are based on rotational basis.

I will share what I done. Subjected to the next organizing chairman want to follow or not.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

I will show to my team on negative feedbacks received as well as positive. Hoping the team will work harder in future for community.

I will share what I done. Subjected to the next organizing chairman want to follow or not.

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

A well organised run. Joe can help impart your knowledge to all other community centres around SG aspiring to organise their own runs :thumbsu:

Yes Yes ! Please pass on your knowledge & experience to east side CC...namely KG Chai Chee...Bedok or Kaki Bukit. These CC are dead quiet sometimes I mistaken them as columbariam beside my hdb block 😂

Joe, am I reading more than double! Are you in the "cloud nine" after received so many "o lo" or praises!

Good Joe/b (Joe or Job)! By the way got my "Personal Best" due to ...

Joe, am I reading more than double! Are you in the "cloud nine" after received so many "o lo" or praises!

My take is Joe is one of the rare race organiser that bothers to solicit feedback from this forum and actively respond to queries and suggestions (the other one I think is the Yellow Ribbon Run). The objective is clearly about community bonding and profit making is probably secondary. Compare this to other mega races like Standard Chartered Marathon, etc where profits is paramount and organisers like pink apple are commercial entities, I don't think the common runner's experience are ever considered (probably only for the elite runners).

looks like only community runs will be able to do this.... the others would not be bothered cause profit is still most important.... i think this is just something we got to take it

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Regards

Joseph

Organizing Chairman

Joe, one more suggestion is to use color balloon to denote different goal timing as used in many races...

With your influence, can help to revitalize the Mount Faber Run which already defunct for one year ? Thank You.

My take is Joe is one of the rare race organiser that bothers to solicit feedback from this forum and actively respond to queries and suggestions (the other one I think is the Yellow Ribbon Run). The objective is clearly about community bonding and profit making is probably secondary. Compare this to other mega races like Standard Chartered Marathon, etc where profits is paramount and organisers like pink apple are commercial entities, I don't think the common runner's experience are ever considered (probably only for the elite runners).

Don't get me wrong neko, I was referring to Joe's 9 times repeated posting... not because he was in "cloud nine". This could be due to web server error or Joe saw many stars due to lack of sleep and under great pressure "lah"... :hot:

I also saw them with pain now, beer later. ... They were in a grp of 5 to 6... But split up halfway into the 1st loop....

The results didn't show how many in the category... and what is the distance for the splits. ...let's see when the final results are out, there will be more clarity

As if Joe double triple posting is not long enough, please don't quote him & increase the length furthermore 😂

Just a mention Joe, guess the few of us reading here will know is who...and Joe knows he is the Joe we are referring to 😃