Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

Brooks Marina Run 2015

Interesting.....Groupon deal for running events. Is it genuine?

Of cos it is. Not the first yr this run is having such 'pattern'. Some other races has also been offered such 'patterns'.

The rub is that sometimes those who registered 'normally' paid more than those who registered through groupon.

Interesting.....Groupon deal for running events. Is it genuine?

Of cos it is. Not the first yr this run is having such 'pattern'. Some other races has also been offered such 'patterns'.The rub is that sometimes those who registered 'normally' paid more than those who registered through groupon.

Ok ok......next time must search for this :)

Ok ok......next time must search for this :)

No need to search. Just stick to sgrunners and I'm sure some kind souls will definitely post any lobang they come across. :)

but the thing is such lobang usually is after the early bird...... what if there isnt such lobang.. then end up paying the normal rate if really keen for the run....

but the thing is such lobang usually is after the early bird...... what if there isnt such lobang.. then end up paying the normal rate if really keen for the run....

How would u feel if you sign up, pay the normal rate and then this sort of 'pattern' comes up with prices on par with early bird price? Wont u be pissed off?

How would u feel if you sign up, pay the early bird rate and then some 'promotion' rate comes up with prices cheaper than what you paid during early bird? Won't u be pissed off?

Of cos u would. No one likes to feel like a suxer or carrot head (unless he has too much money or enjoyed being chopped) and we have been joining races long enough to know that such 'patterns' happen - often enough we know which organiser and which race will come up this kind of 'pattern'

Is there anyway that we can complain or voice out about such things?? Need a joint effort...

No use complaining. There isn't enough of us here to make a difference.

Only way is just to vote with your wallet and forget about joining races with such 'patterns'.

Of cos sometimes there are other over riding considerations that may compel you to join races despite the 'patterns'.

If the organiser do a relatively good job despite the 'pattern' then you may not feel cheated. But if they do a lousy job I think you have a right to be pissed for being screwed twice over.

No need to search. Just stick to sgrunners and I'm sure some kind souls will definitely post any lobang they come across. :)

Of cos u would. No one likes to feel like a suxer or carrot head (unless he has too much money or enjoyed being chopped) and we have been joining races long enough to know that such 'patterns' happen - often enough we know which organiser and which race will come up this kind of 'pattern'

yup, so it had been really helpful to read thru this forum.

thanks!

Yes.... For the heart shape.... but I sign 10km only.... cause the design and race experience in 2014 only convinced me to take part at most 10km. ....

I saw this on the website

"All runners who complete the 10km within the cut off time will each receive a Brooks Marina Run 2015 finisher medal (Valentine’s Day edition) and a Brooks Finisher T-shirt."

Yes.... For the heart shape.... but I sign 10km only.... cause the design and race experience in 2014 only convinced me to take part at most 10km. ....

I saw this on the website

"All runners who complete the 10km within the cut off time will each receive a Brooks Marina Run 2015 finisher medal (Valentine’s Day edition) and a Brooks Finisher T-shirt."

Yes... that is correct.... both medal and finisher tee...... this was my understanding all the while when i sign up...

Veteran Category Age Group

1 Stadium Run 2014

Men/Women Veteran : 35 years and above

2 Brooks Marina Run 2015

Men Veteran : 39 years old

Women Veteran : 34 years old and above

Standard is 40/45 years old and above.

Wow, with this "new standard", most "young" runners will be classified as "old" already ! :cray:

Have not sign up but eventually will sign up (nostalgic of inaugural Marina 21K in year 2011 and don't care about the poison purple isotopic drink)... still waiting for some "discount code"...

Will enjoy four half marathons from February to March ...

I thought Newton Penang was funny that Veteran was at 36 yrs old. Now Marina Brooks veteran is 34 yrs for female. But why disparity between male and female?!?! Haha

Anyone sign up for this, stay in Sengkang or work near Lau Pa Sat can help me collect race pack @ Suntec next week?

I won't arrive back in Singapore in time to collect race pack.

I email to ask about week day collection but waiting for reply.

Thanks.

I will not be in town too during the weekend.... I had email them and the allow me to go up to their office to collect when I am back.

Yup. They referred me to the FAQ but must collect from their office before 5pm....on WEd or Thurs and that's tough for me :(

oh my..... its gonna be tough for me as well but i guess just have to squeeze out the time... although i dunno where their office is currently...hahhahh

Those cannot collect on the day itself , you can collect at their office .

See below...

What if no one can collect the Race Kit on my behalf?
You may collect your race kit at Epic ESR office on 11 & 12 February 2015 during office hours: 10:00am and 5:00pm.

24 Ubi Road 4, Singapore (408612)
Tel (65) 6848 5135 Fax (65) 6399 3699

AR : u r their die hard supporter, I suppose they will mail it to your house or allow u collect race day ! ?

AR : u r their die hard supporter, I suppose they will mail it to your house or allow u collect race day !

Only we know he die hard. Orgainser dun know. Probably also dun care. They only care people willing to pay to join their races. :turned:

AR : u r their die hard supporter, I suppose they will mail it to your house or allow u collect race day !

Only we know he die hard. Orgainser dun know. Probably also dun care. They only care people willing to pay to join their races. :turned:

Lol. .... I not VIP leh. .. They dunno... even SCMS when I ran FM in straight years they also dunno me...