Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

Brooks Marina Run 2015

I took part in the 10km race which flagged off at 5.30pm back in the year July 2012 which was held in Punggol. The 1st km into the park connector has to run through some muddy ground which was slippery after a heavy downpur prior to the flag-off. Was expecting the usual hydration at the 2km mark but only avaliable probably at the 3.5km point. I think instead 4 water points which most 10km races will offer, there were only 3. At the end of the finish line, instead of offering you a can of isotonic drink, the volunteer pour for you. The taste of each isotonic drink pouring out from the volunteers' jar was so differrent in terms of coldness and concentration. The organiser gave out Mizuno orange running singlet then.

There are better races than this and hence, skip the last year one in Feb and confirm skipping next year one since Brooks is the official sponsor.

Lonewolf u can only sing praises of brand to avoid the infringement letter ^^ Welcome to SG

No lah. I believe in stating my views fairly. If it stinks, it stinks. If they do their best, we should also highlight.

So I'm not singing praise to avoid anything; much less an infringement letter. Which is still a joke IMO. I mean, would you take a cease and desist from an anonymous online user who din identify himself seriously? Anyone can create an account here, drop a PM to another user to cease and desist. But as long as one does not identify himself properly as a legal representative, I think we can safely ignored the PM. I'm even wondering if an electronic cease and desist PM is legally binding. But of cos the crux of the question was even if what I say was a fair comment or a deframing one.

I don't do many runs every year nowadays. I ran this this year and it was Ok.

I have an email with $5 loyalty discount so I might sign up.....maybe since ok run. But race fee got Brooks run vest + finisher tee for either 10km or 21km? Really? 2 tops for a 10k run. :rolleyes2:

I don't do many runs every year nowadays. I ran this this year and it was Ok.

I have an email with $5 loyalty discount so I might sign up.....maybe since ok run. But race fee got Brooks run vest + finisher tee for either 10km or 21km? Really? 2 tops for a 10k run. :rolleyes2:

I did the 21k this year too. Other than the 2 loops route and the weird drinks it was actually okay for me. Still considering haha.

BROOKS. NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo................

WHY?! 80

But then again got finisher tee.... hmmmmmmmmmm........................

All talks on the weird drinks, poor lighting and Brooks tee, but end up most will still sign up. At least for myself. :startle:

This race can consider... very flat profile along the route... just that route badly lit and rough terrain at some parts so kinda dangerous.

Otherwise really nice run since it is cooler and also easy elevation all the way.

Maybe boring loop but manageable la! See nice garden and skyline :D

Anyway words of caution, this Boost drink is the same as last year i.e. under the Pere brand. So maybe consider bringing your own sports/ isotonic/ electrolyte drink instead of drinking the provided poison sports water.

All talk about the lousy drinks and bad experience, but this thread is still getting longer. Lolz..

All talk about the lousy drinks and bad experience, but this thread is still getting longer. Lolz..

I guess it left a huge Impact to runners....

Yeah, I can tolerate a not so organised race (nothing can beat Shape Run) but the date really put me off, to go running in the evening of V-day seems a bit no life in my case as my partner is not into running. So will definitely give this a miss..

Yeah, I can tolerate a not so organised race (nothing can beat Shape Run) but the date really put me off, to go running in the evening of V-day seems a bit no life in my case as my partner is not into running. So will definitely give this a miss..

Thanks for highlighting the V-day! Almost going to register for it since it's an evening run which mean need not wake up early. Got to get permit first. Haha

Romantic in the air... Singles may feel odd that day bah, depend on individual thinking . Change the race date better....

It wasn't a good run for me as well. Route's boring with 2 loops, weird drinks. Uneven grass patches. Even the end point for collecting the medals was bad. I had to walk back to the finishing line to get back my medal, the volunteer has forgot to pass me mine.

i wonder if they would show the design of the medal upfront.... the colour is nice.... and its the first time they are issuing finisher tee.... in the past was event tee.....

i wonder if they would show the design of the medal upfront.... the colour is nice.... and its the first time they are issuing finisher tee.... in the past was event tee.....

No leh. Not the first time they issued finisher tee. Think there was also a finisher tee for the first edition held at the same location. The next 2 edition held at Punggol Waterway in 2012 and GBTB East this yr did not.

They should market this run as a #foreveralone run. Maybe the response will be better.

'No date on V day? #Foreveralone? Run with us, and you will never be #foreveralone again!'

No leh. Not the first time they issued finisher tee. Think there was also a finisher tee for the first edition held at the same location. The next 2 edition held at Punggol Waterway in 2012 and GBTB East this yr did not.

I see.... I rem I have a light blue tee that says finisher tee... But its actually event tee cause even 10km finisher have it...

Bro lonewolf and AutumnRunner, only Marina 21k year 2011 issued Mizuno light blue colour event tee (no finisher tee and no race singlet) and Marina 21k@Punggol year 2012 issued Mizuno orange colour race singlet only.