Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

Brooks Marina Run 2015

As a matter of interest, is the "total runners by category" referring to the total number who registered? or those who started/completed the race?

Thanks!

since the numbers are to the "ones" digit... i think its by the number of runners who crossed the line....

The organizer sent the medal to me, and it was delivered to my mom last Monday. Surprisingly, they sent it via an ordinary air mail with no tracking number barcode. Most shockingly, only a plain envelope with no medal inside arrived my home. It seems that someone tore it and stole the medal inside. From what I have seen, the envelope is not supposed to be naturally torn. I e-mailed the organizer since Monday to ask for a replacement, and made a complaint why they chose to send the medal to me this way. There is no response from them so far although I asked them to reply me immediately

Please recommend me what I can do regarding this organizer's behavior.

Nothing you can do. You can just blame your luck because I will tell you that its probably just your bad luck.

I once mailed a medal to another sgrunner via ordinary mail and he received it safely.

HiVelocity also mailed the KOTR medal to us via ordinary mail and I also received without incident.

Of cos the last and only thing you can do is to vote with your wallet next yr.

Nothing you can do. You can just blame your luck because I will tell you that its probably just your bad luck.

I once mailed a medal to another sgrunner via ordinary mail and he received it safely.

HiVelocity also mailed the KOTR medal to us via ordinary mail and I also received without incident.

Of cos the last and only thing you can do is to vote with your wallet next yr.

Yet, for my case, it is an international mail, not a domestic one. All organizers, i.e., SCMS, NUS, mailing singlet to me at least applied a registered international parcel to send it to me. In my view, this organizer is just too stingy and irresponsible to send the medal that way. I actually tried to post some pics, but the system said I was not allowed to post that kind of extension.

i think now u can only wait for their reply.... and hope they get back to you again... if not you can give them a call too although most of the time no one picks up....ahhahh

All my running related mail such as certs and medals are sent by race organizers via ordinary mail... so far all well received...

Read at this forum that a few runners from other runs also didn't get their finishers too...KOTR medal, SIA run luggage tag......

But this is the first time I heard that the mail was sent via registered mail and the content inside has been stolen. Not sure how this could have happened.

And I am just curious why was it sent via international registered mail? Isn't Epic ESR a local company?

All my running related mail such as certs and medals are sent by race organizers via ordinary mail... so far all well received...

Read at this forum that a few runners from other runs also didn't get their finishers too...KOTR medal, SIA run luggage tag......

But this is the first time I heard that the mail was sent via registered mail and the content inside has been stolen. Not sure how this could have happened.

And I am just curious why was it sent via international registered mail? Isn't Epic ESR a local company?

You mis-read what he wrote. The mail was not send via registered mail but by normal mail. The fact that it was an international mail probably complicates the situation. I can't comment on the postal service of other countries but in Singapore, I have received package that was resealed by Singpost because the original envelope was torn in transit.

Epic ESR is a local company but the registered runners was probably an overseas participant with an oveseas mailing address.

You mis-read what he wrote. The mail was not send via registered mail but by normal mail. The fact that it was an international mail probably complicates the situation. I can't comment on the postal service of other countries but in Singapore, I have received package that was resealed by Singpost because the original envelope was torn in transit.

Epic ESR is a local company but the registered runners was probably an overseas participant with an oveseas mailing address.

I get it now. Popsicle bro is not a local Singapore runner. So he received the international normal mail in his country.

I am not sure if it is the norm for race organizers to mail out items to foreign runners under registered mail, as I myself never received any from foreign race organizers, so can't comment further.

Also runners from Hello Kitty run also didn't get their finishers Medal too.

Even thought they have email the organisers. :thumbsd:

I've received my Hello Kitty medal after dropping them an email, think it took them a mth but still was nice to get it as I didnt complete the run due to the heavy rain.