Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

Brooks Marina Run 2015

looking forward for future 10km race in late afternoon, any recommendations?

of cos the cheaper the better..

lazy to run HM liao ley.. mindset issue..

Just like people who complain and still sign up for SCMS and Sundown year after year.. those are the only two FM we have for the whole year, so if you want to do FM its more of no other choices (if you dont want to go overseas for FM).

Think people still went for this Marina run as after SCMS 2014, there were no HM for the most part of Dec and Jan. They either go for this race to keep their engine running or to get their engine started.

Participants tend to forgive n forget and usually only 3/10 or lesser really boycott any event. And when they do boycott, it would be of some serious issues which may often have happen to them personally.

Say they met into a accident due to safety lapse by organiser, bags got misplaced/stolen, never receive any tees or any expectations which they deem failed by organiser.

And if it doesn't happen to us, we will just read the reviews as like a story or experience from other past participants and to take caution if necessary.

And ppl re-join the events because from past experience, its still a passable event. To each his own,

happy can liao. Its not just about bad event mgmt, organiser, safety lapse, bad route to run ..etc its about the company of fellow runners, friends we ran together or just for any occasion that we need to take part( mileage clocking, legs itchy, finisher medal/shirt or simply to keep the running motivation)

I don't know what is running through this PRC runner's mind... As I mentioned, some of the 21km runners were late already due to the bag depositing and we managed to cut a queue ourselves to deposit our bags. Then this PRC runner was in front of me wanting to collect his bag. So I told him nicely that this q was meant for 21km runners. He proudly showed me his "21km" finisher tee. Common sense will tell u if you had "steal" something, u jolly well hide it somewhere. Think he is totally not ashamed of what he done.

He sotong, you also sotong.

Since you signed up 21k, you should have caught him and haul him to race officials while he holding on to the stuff he stole :aggressive:

Ya really sotong that night. Too pissed off with the organiser for the bag deposit screw up. Anyway if I can find the organiser at that time sure report. But the problem is cannot find them. If can find near the bag deposit, there wouldn't be along queue there already.

i think most of us here are a forgiving lot..... and if the actual incident dun happen to us, then the impact isn't so great..... although I blog about some of the main issues, but I am looking at it from a 3rd person's perspective too..... i am trying t ocover all angles and give all readers the full picture for them to consider the race in 2016.... personally, i did not meet most of the issues.... But just like many mentioned about Sundown and SCMS, there are also many issues.... some dun even have timing... pple still flock to it....

one think about marina run is that it offers HM evening run ... and many are attracted to it in this way.....

Due to last minutes signed up, managed a slot in Men's Open 21 km !

For 21km, there are two checkpoints with timing tracking, with my estimation, CHK1 is around 5 km and CHK2 is around 14 km !

Total runners by category:

MEN OPEN 10KM 1911
WOMEN OPEN 10KM 1945
MEN OPEN 21KM 966
MEN VETERAN 21KM 632
WOMEN OPEN 21KM ?
WOMEN VETERAN 21KM 317

thanks for the results link and summary..

so 10km total runners 3856 pax.. and divided into 3? waves.

oh anyway, for me in most events, I don't deposit my bags unless its a long event that requires me to bring more clothes and food else I will just run with a pouch.

I joined 10K for this run and SIA Charity run 2014. Nevertheless, the baggage deposit/return system management of SIA run is much more better. I'm curious which running event had more participants.

In addition, which FB page or website can I find running photos of this event? I have found only some pics in justrunlah.

In addition, which FB page or website can I find running photos of this event? I have found only some pics in justrunlah.

May I know if there a link to the JRL photos? or which area is it in ar?

There are only some pics in their facebook page.

There are only some pics in their facebook page.

Can find it at running shots fb.

For 21km, there are two checkpoints with timing tracking, with my estimation, CHK1 is around 5 km and CHK2 is around 14 km !

MEN OPEN 10KM 1911

WOMEN OPEN 10KM 1945

MEN OPEN 21KM 966

MEN VETERAN 21KM 632

WOMEN OPEN 21KM ?

WOMEN VETERAN 21KM 317

Women open 403 runners!

MEN OPEN 10KM 1911

WOMEN OPEN 10KM 1945

MEN OPEN 21KM 966

MEN VETERAN 21KM 632

WOMEN OPEN 21KM ?

WOMEN VETERAN 21KM 317

Women open 403 runners!

Thank You Sheruns !

MEN OPEN 10KM 1911
WOMEN OPEN 10KM 1945
MEN OPEN 21KM 966
MEN VETERAN 21KM 632
WOMEN OPEN 21KM 403
WOMEN VETERAN 21KM 317
Still waiting for eCertificate and 21km photos !

As a matter of interest, is the "total runners by category" referring to the total number who registered? or those who started/completed the race?

Thanks!