Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

Brooks Marina Run 2015

All the routes for your perusal

Love the 21k route... hope my body can take it.... lost so much fitness....

5km route is siened diao... loop 2.5km for 5 km ... is kinda sad

R3H3u4x.jpg

XzV14MK.jpg

zr33fbc.jpg

All the routes for your perusal

Love the 21k route... hope my body can take it.... lost so much fitness....

5km route is siened diao... loop 2.5km for 5 km ... is kinda sad

R3H3u4x.jpg

XzV14MK.jpg

zr33fbc.jpg

After a second look, realized that the part between golf course and fort road is a new route, never used by any other race before. Is this the new PCN between ECP and GBTB? something to excite about.

I think they only open it for longer routes (42k).

Believe that sundown, 2xu (previously) and SCMS used that part.

If you run along GBTB east from barrage, you look on the right, you can see got one place can thread thru but blocked since got construction/ development going on in that area.

But first time used for 21k I think! Maybe next time got route straight go to ECP from marina with no road closure.

hmmm... so maybe it is as u say a new PCN route??

Will be very interesting for future routes! :D

It's not a PCN I believe....it is alongside a golf course...always hate that stretch in local FMs coz it is humid and sandy....

anyway glad to know they changed the route so that it is not so loopy...also hope that they improve on the other logistics too...

hmmm... so maybe it is as u say a new PCN route??

Will be very interesting for future routes! :D

It's not a PCN I believe....it is alongside a golf course...always hate that stretch in local FMs coz it is humid and sandy....

anyway glad to know they changed the route so that it is not so loopy...also hope that they improve on the other logistics too...

Well this time there wun be any sun to make it hot & humid. Rather have to worry whether this stretch is sufficiently lit up for this run.

Lucky! Single loop for 21km, uturn at fort road.attachicon.gif20150207_122810.jpg

Is there a running track parallel to East Coast Parkway between golf course and Ford Road? That's new to me.

There was a stretch about 1km extended beyond Fort Road, parallel to the highway. Ran once long time ago, at that time, it was a dead end with a fencing of construction site.

I'm not sure about it, but 5 km pic might be the route for Sunday. It is another running event of this organizer.
Yup. 5km is the Marina Party Dash. Separate event

If u noticed during the race pack collection, the volunteers are wearing the tee that feature both these 2 runs.

How can I go to the start point? Just alight at Bayfront MRT Station?

Check out the directions posted by organiser:

Thanks. From the map, it seems that I have to walk some kilometres to the event site after I exit the Stadium station. I'm sorry that I might not be familiar with the route since I'm not Singaporean.

Its not really that far. You alight at Stadium, cut through indoor stadium, cross the brigde and follow the PCN to the start point.

How can I go to the start point? Just alight at Bayfront MRT Station?

Check out the directions posted by organiser:

Thanks. From the map, it seems that I have to walk some kilometres to the event site after I exit the Stadium station. I'm sorry that I might not be familiar with the route since I'm not Singaporean.

Its not really that far. You alight at Stadium, cut through indoor stadium, cross the brigde and follow the PCN to the start point.
Can walk. But I recall more than 10 mins unless you do warm up jog/run

I looked through my medal board and realised that i had taken part in 2011, 2012 and 2014 of this particular race. I had wrote a short blog on the medal review of them and what to expect for 2015 medal. Read my blog to look at how the medal had changed over the years...

https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/medal-review-marina-run/

No need to read. 2011 and 2012 medals quite terrible and forgettable. Last yr medal was ELM so quality was there but design not great. This yr likely not ELM medal and design not fantastic.

I looked through my medal board and realised that i had taken part in 2011, 2012 and 2014 of this particular race. I had wrote a short blog on the medal review of them and what to expect for 2015 medal. Read my blog to look at how the medal had changed over the years...

https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com/2015/02/12/medal-review-marina-run/

No need to read. 2011 and 2012 medals quite terrible and forgettable. Last yr medal was ELM so quality was there but design not great. This yr likely not ELM medal and design not fantastic.

u r the medal guru so no need read... but others can read to understand more mah.... i tried to ask them if its elm medal this year but got no answer.... we shall see this year's medal....

u r the medal guru so no need read... but others can read to understand more mah.... i tried to ask them if its elm medal this year but got no answer.... we shall see this year's medal....

guru.. *cough* *cough* :phew: no lah.. just a member of Medal Hunters United. :bling:

As for this yr medal, the picture is posted on the facebook page and by me here. As you can see clearly, there is no ELM marking and the quality of the medal looks poor. Heck I even ask you if you sure you wanted to join and you said yes for the heart shaped. :crazysmile:

Actually surprise you never include 2015 medal in your blog post.

guru.. *cough* *cough* :phew: no lah.. just a member of Medal Hunters United. :bling:

As for this yr medal, the picture is posted on the facebook page and by me here. As you can see clearly, there is no ELM marking and the quality of the medal looks poor. Heck I even ask you if you sure you wanted to join and you said yes for the heart shaped. :crazysmile:

Actually surprise you never include 2015 medal in your blog post.

Actually i still have a tiny hope that it might still be ELM... the photos might be perspectives (although looked pretty real).... the ELM logo might be hidden somewhere else?? maybe they found a medal manufacturer that can produce good quality medals too.....

i didnt include the 2015 cause i haven seen the real and hold it in my hands.. so hard to evaluate... so decided to leave it for the actual race blog.....