Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teckhooi

Brooks Marina Run 2015

How can I go to the start point? Just alight at Bayfront MRT Station?

Check out the directions posted by organiser:

Thanks. From the map, it seems that I have to walk some kilometres to the event site after I exit the Stadium station. I'm sorry that I might not be familiar with the route since I'm not Singaporean.

Its not really that far. You alight at Stadium, cut through indoor stadium, cross the brigde and follow the PCN to the start point.
Can walk. But I recall more than 10 mins unless you do warm up jog/run

Today, the FB page admin of this event mentioned that participants may have to walk 25 mins from Stadium MRT station to the event site.

http://www.marinarun.com.sg/race-info/race-pack-collection/

I have a question for those guys who are going and chose their finisher shirt size.

Why so small ar? 21->22 inches max chest size?

Is it like really small Asian size or a mistake made?

actually most organisers now put in the measurement for entire "perimeter" of chest.... for this run, they put in the measurement for width of the tee...... if allow me to make an assumption that the "perimeter" of chest is 2 x 22inches (front and back) plus another 5 inches for the two sides... that equals to about 50inches = 125cm.... which i thought was quite ok for XL......

I have a question for those guys who are going and chose their finisher shirt size.

actually most organisers now put in the measurement for entire "perimeter" of chest.... for this run, they put in the measurement for width of the tee...... if allow me to make an assumption that the "perimeter" of chest is 2 x 22inches (front and back) plus another 5 inches for the two sides... that equals to about 50inches = 125cm.... which i thought was quite ok for XL......

my bad... I thought so, just realised it could be length of 1 side only...

as I need a 38 inches total , for comfort fit..

thanks

my bad... I thought so, just realised it could be length of 1 side only...

as I need a 38 inches total , for comfort fit..

thanks

no prob ... small thing only.... hope the run tomo will be much better than last yr's.....

Thanks. From the map, it seems that I have to walk some kilometres to the event site after I exit the Stadium station. I'm sorry that I might not be familiar with the route since I'm not Singaporean.

Its not really that far. You alight at Stadium, cut through indoor stadium, cross the brigde and follow the PCN to the start point.

Today, the FB page admin of this event mentioned that participants may have to walk 25 mins from Stadium MRT station to the event site.
25 mins very Valentine couple pace. 15-20 mins for most

Hi all,

May I know if anyone happens to be selling a FEMALENESS slot, 10km or 21km for the Brooks Marina Run 2015 tomorrow? I would greatly appreciate it if I will be able to find someone by tomorrow. (: thank you!

Can take as a warmup while walking to the start point... I remember last year when I walk it doesn't seem too far. . Maybe cause many runners walk together...

I think organiser is just being safe and assume everyone will be doing cha cha all the way to the start point.

Two steps front, one step back...

First ran here in 2011 for 21 km, skipped last year and after 4 years this is my second time running here again.

This will be my first 21 km run for this year !

Hopefully no rain tonight, no bottleneck and of course no "booby trap" (uneven grass patch) and plan to achieve below 2 hours !

No complain on the "long" walking distance from Stadium MRT to event site even though shuttle buses were provided in 2011 !

Just hope the so called "poisonous" Boost isotonic drink will not drown me but boost my energy and speed instead !

Have said enough so just do it (owned by Nike) just run lah (competitor of sgrunners) just run and have fun ...

Earlier morning was out humping load with my compatriots for 10km at green corridor and later heading

for a 10km category (last min bib from injured runner)..

Jiayou to all participants esp 21km category!

Back in a piece.... The water issue seems to be still there... One of the points ran out of water and they were serving the coloured water. .. haha a. .... I was in 2nd wave so how can water finish so fast....

The waves helped in dispersing the crowd... cause the path was really narrow...

Wait for my review tonight or tomo morning....

I wasnt there but friend was complaining about long queues retrieving bag from the deposit area after her 10km run.

Hiaz.. guess something never change. Or more likely the organiser dun really bother to change. Cos the same issue keep happening over and over year after year.

So has this race been officially downgraded from its status as an ELM Medal race? :bling:

[uPDATE] Yup! I was right after all. No longer an ELM Medal race and I say good riddance too!

I've started the 10KM wave 2 at 5.40pm as 10mins buffer was given from wave 1.

Finished 10.43km(runtastic distance; very similar to other runner's record)in 51mins 30 secs.

If its a 10km only distance, I would have gotten a PB.

But not bad run as I skipped the strong smelling blackcurrant drink and just ran all the way.

Was rather surprised with the various stairs and slopes that runners have to go thru but overall ok route with the wind.

5ygu8g.jpg

surprised that the 21km changed to two loops.they provided some coloured water but I didn't take any and just ran all the way..btw,I broke my personal record of 1:45((:

I saw on the Facebook page of marina run, there seem to be ppl who didn't receive their medal aft completing their run... Sounds pretty bad

Wow.. Grats 1:45... Envy :good:

Race experience as follow.

I got 21.4km for the distance so looks good.

Route is kinda terrible though... they changed it to 2 loops for HM. Maybe its for the best? See Chingay parade :unknw:

For the last 5k water issue again.... I am so glad I brought my own water and refilled partly earlier so last 5k not f%kd

" No cups at Gardens at a later point, the staff were pouring water into my hands lol."

Facebook post.. LOL really CMI lea their hydration logistics SORRY LAST YEARS REVIEW

Pacers if I see correctly are the Newton runners. For the 2:10 pacing, I was kinda disappointed... i mean not bad but kinda inconsistent...

hit very near the timing .. 2 to 3 minute buffer I guess is OK? Overall I really do enjoy Newton runners cos they are more vocal and encouraging.

Path seems to be better than last yr given it is not back and forth so less congestion...

although got few narrow parts (going up near Artsci, the Kallang bridge and path to stadium). Seem problematic if there are walkers.

Paths lit OKOK ... tripped myself but did not faceplant at one part cos too tired AIZZZ...

Overall nice HM to start the year especially got Chingay parade and fireworks.

But water issues is really a BIG RED FLAG!!! How can every year got this issue... the 2nd half really shd have more water.

Wow.. Grats 1:45... Envy :good:

Race experience as follow.

I got 21.4km for the distance so looks good.

Route is kinda terrible though... they changed it to 2 loops for HM. Maybe its for the best? See Chingay parade :unknw:

For the last 5k water issue again.... I am so glad I brought my own water and refilled partly earlier so last 5k not f%kd

" No cups at Gardens at a later point, the staff were pouring water into my hands lol."

Facebook post.. LOL really CMI lea their hydration logistics

Pacers if I see correctly are the Newton runners. For the 2:10 pacing, I was kinda disappointed... i mean not bad but kinda inconsistent...

hit very near the timing .. 2 to 3 minute buffer I guess is OK? Overall I really do enjoy Newton runners cos they are more vocal and encouraging.

Path seems to be better than last yr given it is not back and forth so less congestion...

although got few narrow parts (going up near Artsci, the Kallang bridge and path to stadium). Seem problematic if there are walkers.

Paths lit OKOK ... tripped myself but did not faceplant at one part cos too tired AIZZZ...

Overall nice HM to start the year especially got Chingay parade and fireworks.

But water issues is really a BIG RED FLAG!!! How can every year got this issue... the 2nd half really shd have more water.

Water point like not a lot as many half marathons often have water point every 3km