Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ming76

Berlin Marathon 2015

Another World Marathon Major which is going to be very difficult to get an entry slot. :startle:

I saw the registration date which starts today and lasts until 2 November 2014.

From the registration link (http://www.bmw-berlin-marathon.com/en/plan-your-race/registration-2015.html), there are 5 ways to get an entry, except for the entry drawing which is non guaranteed. Entry drawing results are to be out by 20-25 November 2014. :bling:

Another World Marathon Major which is going to be very difficult to get an entry slot. :startle:

From the registration link (http://www.bmw-berlin-marathon.com/en/plan-your-race/registration-2015.html), there are 5 ways to get an entry, except for the entry drawing which is non guaranteed. Entry drawing results are to be out by 20-25 November 2014. :bling:

but this time round, once you are been selected, the registration fee will debited immediately...

Sign up a guaranteed slot through a local travel operator is a good option too - http://www.athletesjourney.sg/berlin-marathon/

5D4N is too short there, maybe can consider asking for an alternate personalized quote for a longer trip.

Good point by beast and agree that 5D4N is a little short if it is for Europe trip, considering the travel time and areas to explore in Germany or even Europe.

Hello everyone. Is it better to sign up with the local tour agent, seems like the entry is guaranteed. Can always do the extended tour at own arrangements.

gotten a confirmed slot for next year, not through charity or agent, shall see fellow Singaporean there.

anyone running there? maybe can meet you guys next year in berlin.

ps : i have already a confirmed slot to run every year :thumbsu:

To run every year? how to get this lobang?

just run 10 times in berlin

If one can run 10 times in Berlin Marathon, s/he would be included in the "Jubilee club".

So no need to ballot for a race slot. Instead, just wait for email invitation. :)

A quick update for people who have balloted for Berlin Marathon 2015.

Ballot results are out and for those who have balloted it and got a slot, congrats to you!

Did a quick search and found about 40 names from Singapore =)

Source: http://www.bmw-berlin-marathon.com/news-und-media/news/2014/11/20/the-results-of-the-race-entry-drawing-for-the-42nd-bmw-berlin-marathon-are-in.html

Only 40 from Singapore, and worst off, not many are true blue Singaporean. Hais...

Anyways, just hoping to see if there's anyone else who's involved in the race because I am going alone :turned: and hope to find some companions.

Thanks !!

i've decided to run in berlin. yay. will be in berlin on thursday or friday. haven't decided yet. would be nice to see fellow sgrunners/singaporeans there.

decision. decision. decision.

If one can run 10 times in Berlin Marathon, s/he would be included in the "Jubilee club".

So no need to ballot for a race slot. Instead, just wait for email invitation. :)

WS... oink oink here. 5day 4 night is not short for those who are just there to run. Some people may not wanna tour Europe or perhaps they can afford it to come back for another trip. In this case run 10 times loh.

personally I wouldn't go Europe unless I have a month to just stay there and travel abt the region. So many villages to explore.

Hi all I have been allocated a slot for Berlin marathon and is looking to pass it on to someone else as I am unable to make the trip now. If you know of anyone who is keen to do Berlin do contact me at nine6fivethree/55twoeight

:)

will there be any meeting up before the run/pick up or whatever? would be glad to join you guys. need to get a place & buy my train ticket soon :startle:

Heading over to the airport now...

Will reach in the morning @ around 10:10am (Tegel Airport) on the 25th and Depart from Berlin on the 28th at 11:25am.

Gosh Gosh.... First time going on a solo trip :startle:

Hope to meet fellow Singaporeans at the Berlin Vital Expo, I'll head there immediately after alighting from the plane.

Cheers and Good Luck for the Race People!! :turned:

Thanks AutumnRunner!

Yes, especially when u look at the haze we've got right now

you got the race at the right time... hahh.... but again, it's difficult to get a slot in this race if ballot so u r real lucky too...... should be in Berlin now right?

The Vital Expo ish huge and extremely crowded man. It was quite a long wait trying to find the shirts with the sizes I wanna buy after collecting my race stuffs, especially when moving around with bulky luggages. The queue for both getting the race stuffs and Adidas merchandises were also very long. Just checked into hotel only. =/

you got the race at the right time... hahh.... but again, it's difficult to get a slot in this race if ballot so u r real lucky too...... should be in Berlin now right?