Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rain-man

Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2015 - 4 & 5 July 2015

This year is my final year studying in aussie and I decided to do the gold coast marathon. Like what other people has said, many runners broke their PB in this race and Im not an exception. I broke my PB by about 20 mins and managed to run under 5 hours. I feel that this race is so well managed. The good thing is that the FM is not crowded like what we experinced in Stand Chart Singapore. There were drinks stations at almost every km till the finishing line, unlike stand chart which only provides drinks till the 30km mark and we have to endure the hot weather till we reach the marina square area. Everything about this race is fantastic, from the starting line till the finisher's medal collection point. Overall, i would rate this marathon 8.5/10. Standchart sg has a super long way to go in order to be as good as the gold coast marathon.

I'm back from GCAM 2015. A great race indeed and the course is (to my opinion, total elevation compare to flatter Singapore) challenging in a way. Weather helps a lot but kind of too cold for me too that resulted in mucus + block nose and chilling hands on the route even for 42km.

The race atmosphere is amazing as in 2014 and runners were friendly to one another.

Having done twice, not sure if I be back for 3rd time.

Lack of mileage and training runs(started training only 10 days before marathon and done 1-2 short 3km,5km and 1 x 10km only)but lucky managed to go slightly under 4hrs(by few min).

*Anyone got a medium size 10km southern cross university finisher tee to exchange with my 10km small size tee? Mine is worn only once to try out after I bath, complete honest about it.

drop me a PM.

This year is my final year studying in aussie and I decided to do the gold coast marathon. Like what other people has said, many runners broke their PB in this race and Im not an exception. I broke my PB by about 20 mins and managed to run under 5 hours. I feel that this race is so well managed. The good thing is that the FM is not crowded like what we experinced in Stand Chart Singapore. There were drinks stations at almost every km till the finishing line, unlike stand chart which only provides drinks till the 30km mark and we have to endure the hot weather till we reach the marina square area. Everything about this race is fantastic, from the starting line till the finisher's medal collection point. Overall, i would rate this marathon 8.5/10. Standchart sg has a super long way to go in order to be as good as the gold coast marathon.

u did the correct choice to try out Aussie's only IAAF gold labelled race before coming back to Sg for good.... at least you had done a well organised race before.... i tihnk the atmosphere made the differences..... u can see many people crowding along the route unlike our races here.....

I'm back from GCAM 2015. A great race indeed and the course is (to my opinion, total elevation compare to flatter Singapore) challenging in a way. Weather helps a lot but kind of too cold for me too that resulted in mucus + block nose and chilling hands on the route even for 42km.

The race atmosphere is amazing as in 2014 and runners were friendly to one another.

Lack of mileage and training runs(started training only 10 days before marathon and done 1-2 short 3km,5km and 1 x 10km only)but lucky managed to go slightly under 4hrs(by few min).

*Anyone got a medium size 10km southern cross university finisher tee to exchange with my 10km small size tee? Mine is worn only once to try out after I bath, complete honest about it.

drop me a PM.

great that you had managed to run such a good timing despite the little training u had.... u went 2014 before and this yr went again?? back to back.... wah.... and u ran 10km race as well the day before?? super leh u....

u did the correct choice to try out Aussie's only IAAF gold labelled race before coming back to Sg for good.... at least you had done a well organised race before.... i tihnk the atmosphere made the differences..... u can see many people crowding along the route unlike our races here.....

drop me a PM.

great that you had managed to run such a good timing despite the little training u had.... u went 2014 before and this yr went again?? back to back.... wah.... and u ran 10km race as well the day before?? super leh u....

i know of a few friends who did both the 10km and 42km

and a few who has done GCAM 2-3 times

Hahah did the half at GCAM cause was an impromptu trip before I start work upon graduation And already loving it! Gotten a PB too but narrowly missed sub 2 at 2:00:02 ugh haha. Gonna be researching on other overseas races from now on haha

drop me a PM.

this year 42km was a promise to friends who signed up before me cos they said I say till so great race they sure sign up and I should be there also hence I am back again.

Its bit special this year as I went there earlier and spent the first few days cycling cruiser bicycles all along beaches to suburb residential areas instead of hanging at surfer paradise only. Each day was like 15km ride at least and I also cycle-4km to race event site for the 10km southern cross run. And cycle back to apartment after the event .

For the 42km , it was really to enjoy the atmosphere. So all in all,2 races done and total 65km mileage in goldcoast for first 5 days stay.