Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rain-man

Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2015 - 4 & 5 July 2015

Thanks both! I'm not into big groups but just concerned if going alone with a family member who's not running will be a bit sian hahaha

Wont be bored as there are many things to do in Gold Coast. Just visiting the worlds will takes up a few days of your time already. (e.g. watch sun rise, go theme parks and go 'pasir malam'). :)

Anyway, it is a great time to ask your family member to take up a shorter run (10km o Sat). quite a fun thing to do as the runners and cheer groups are very inspiring. :)

about the accommodation, any suggestion?

You may try The Shore Apartment..

If you do not want to drive, then get apartment near to the starting point, but need to be fast cause usually they are the ones that got FULL very fast..... if you drive, then can go further, more options for cheaper accom......

If you do not want to drive, then get apartment near to the starting point, but need to be fast cause usually they are the ones that got FULL very fast..... if you drive, then can go further, more options for cheaper accom......

if i dont drive, is there still shuttle bus to the starting point?

Yes, there is shuttle buses..... from what i see, there are long queues at the bus stops with runners standing in the cold while queuing for the bus.... from what i see, those runners at the last few stops might not be able to get into the bus... unsure if this si true casue i didnt take the bus.....

Yes, there is shuttle buses..... from what i see, there are long queues at the bus stops with runners standing in the cold while queuing for the bus.... from what i see, those runners at the last few stops might not be able to get into the bus... unsure if this si true casue i didnt take the bus.....

ohhh.. point noted.

I stayed at chateau beachside resort (as u see in pics in previous pages) and its just a few mins walk to appel park at surfers paradise. The buses came very timely and I got in easily without any need to squeeze in and got a seat actually. Say I took the bus ard 5 plus just before 6am but really cold outside.

So for that location, no queue with buses arriving every 5 mins or so.

I stayed at chateau beachside resort (as u see in pics in previous pages) and its just a few mins walk to appel park at surfers paradise. The buses came very timely and I got in easily without any need to squeeze in and got a seat actually. Say I took the bus ard 5 plus just before 6am but really cold outside.So for that location, no queue with buses arriving every 5 mins or so.

That's good infor... so taking the buses can be a solution... although I see queues ... maybe the frequency made the difference... do u have to show the bib to the driver when u board??

That's good infor... so taking the buses can be a solution... although I see queues ... maybe the frequency made the difference... do u have to show the bib to the driver when u board??

yup u have to show your bib to bus driver/conductor but everyone automatically show their bib without the need to ask by the driver and most ppl already had the bib attached to front of shirt.

Anyway the bus is free for all, with priority for runners then supporters. overall the bus ride was a fast one , providing a good warmth compare to cold wind outside...

it varies. u register at homestay.com and choose goldcoast Australia(or even specfic street name)then got database(with distance to your specific location) of all hosts / reviews/ price and most importantly general location of their house and photos of it.

with dogs/cats,smoke free,living with kids,house rules etc.

I have seen 21 aud nightly one but I am seeking those around 35 to 40 aud nightly, with light breakkie included.

As I'm staying there for like 2 weeks(going in early with family members for tour and later meetup frien for GCAM), I need an affordable lodging.