Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rain-man

Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2015 - 4 & 5 July 2015

With or without package , u still can attend their GCM briefing, at smu . That's what I did in 2013.... Ahh, the days in gc was just awesome....

I missed the booth, is there anywhere I can get more information about the briefing/attend the briefing?

With or without package , u still can attend their GCM briefing, at smu . That's what I did in 2013.... Ahh, the days in gc was just awesome....

I missed the booth, is there anywhere I can get more information about the briefing/attend the briefing?

I can find the package thingy..2014 Gold Coast Airport Marathon - SingaporeV4.pdf

I need to find the briefing in my com . Don't know still in there or not ..Anyone have it here ?

For those contemplating to join GCAM 2015 and needing more information, there have been lots of discussions and useful tips in the GCAM 2012, 2013 and 2014 threads in this forum. If you are looking to run your first overseas FM, and cool weather and good organisation are a must for you, then this marathon should be near the top of your list.

Yes.. Beep is right... Just to put down name and they will contact you about the package or seminar... I like the singlet they provided though with a sg flag behind..

Oh u signed up for their package for this year run?

Nope I didn't sign up... Wanted free and easy... More freedom to plan my own things.. Haa...

I can find the package thingy..attachicon.gif2014 Gold Coast Airport Marathon - SingaporeV4.pdf

I need to find the briefing in my com . Don't know still in there or not ..Anyone have it here ?

i got the ppt but dunno how to attach here...

anyway, u can read more on my gcam14 experience here...

http://mrnmrsrunthetown.blogspot.sg/2014/06/running-out-of-town-gold-coast.html

Yes.. Beep is right... Just to put down name and they will contact you about the package or seminar... I like the singlet they provided though with a sg flag behind..

Oh u signed up for their package for this year run?

Nope I didn't sign up... Wanted free and easy... More freedom to plan my own things.. Haa...

Haha preferred the freedom too but worried going like solo a bit sian also. Saw all their team photos seemed like lots of fun haha.

Really keen to sign up after reading about everyone's good experience. But I will probably do a HM and I can only fly in on Friday night and come back Monday, therefore i guess not much time to tour except for Sat and Sun after the race. Is it worth the money going all the way there for HM? Should I do it or wait for another year when I have more time on hand?

Really keen to sign up after reading about everyone's good experience. But I will probably do a HM and I can only fly in on Friday night and come back Monday, therefore i guess not much time to tour except for Sat and Sun after the race. Is it worth the money going all the way there for HM? Should I do it or wait for another year when I have more time on hand?

Honestly i will advise u to go oversea race and do a abit of tour there too, ,, Abit too expen to flight to/return + hotel just to have race only.. Maybe train abit more to do a FM instead? This will really fulfill the whole trip and race.

(in my humble opinion)

If u prefer to do a hm and it isyour best distance... or maybe the category that your wanna try to break...u may just do it by all means. ...

I have seen many who went there specifically to run the race and return on Monday... Not a rare sight to see the airport full of foreigners with finisher tee. ...

So its really up to u...

For the amount of time (16 hours on the plane) and money (at least $1500) you will be spending to go there, I would rather you wait to do it when you have more time to make your trip more worthwhile there.

Friday night fly, reach there on Saturday morning tired, collect race pack, check in hotel, minimal time to tour as you will likely rest early to catch up loss sleep on the plane and wake up early for race day.

Sunday race day, rest and recover, half day to tour.

Monday morning half day to tour, then fly back.

The itinerary is super packed and I don't think you will enjoy yourself there loh.

For the amount of time (16 hours on the plane) and money (at least $1500) you will be spending to go there, I would rather you wait to do it when you have more time to make your trip more worthwhile there.

Friday night fly, reach there on Saturday morning tired, collect race pack, check in hotel, minimal time to tour as you will likely rest early to catch up loss sleep on the plane and wake up early for race day.

Sunday race day, rest and recover, half day to tour.

Monday morning half day to tour, then fly back.

The itinerary is super packed and I don't think you will enjoy yourself there loh.

For these group of runners who did this, they were there for the main reason to run, either PB or BQ... soooo..... if that's the ultimate reason, then less travelling to other areas might be ok....

I have to agree with Beast's analysis.that you should use the chance to do a leisure tour if you choose gold coast as your first overseas running event to do.

The flight time and cost incurred won't feel so justified if you are doing it at a rushed pace.

I also agreed with Beast.

If not just pick any neighbouring Malaysia race, run & come back.

Flying to Gold Coast....the time, effort & money spent has to rush you back the very next day is just not so justified.

At least 1 - 2 full day of look see, if I were to go.

U are planning to take FM or HM ?

HM start early in the morning, temp can be as slow as 6 degree , my suggestion will be wear a "want to tthrow away " jacket over your singlet , then when race start, u can take off and hang somewhere else...... Unless you can endure the coldness ...shorts is fine..

FM should be start at 7-8am , so I think shouldn't be that freezing ....

Anyway , after u run awhile, u get warm up liao...

U can try Scenic Travel , they have a package for this GCM ...