Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rain-man

Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2015 - 4 & 5 July 2015

It may be months away, but the site is already well and truly up -

http://goldcoastmarathon.com.au

The races will take place on 4 and 5 July 2015. The 7 categories are -

2 km junior dash

4 km junior dash

5.7 km challenge

10 km

Wheelchair 15 km

Half marathon

Full marathon.

This is a race that has traditionally been well-attended by the locals as well as non-locals. Singapore runners form one of the largest foreign contingents after the Kiwis and the Japanese. In 2014, 102 runners from Singapore registered via the Singapore travel agent and ran under the Team Singapore banner, but the total number of runners from Singapore should be higher as many registered for the runs without going through the agent. The detailed results of Team Singapore can be found at -

http://tiktok.biz/orgmembers.aspx?EventID=goldcoastmarathon&Edition=2014&Team=TEAMSINGAPORE

By the way, despite the name, you don't get to run at the airport. The marathon is so-named as Gold Coast Airport is the sponsor.

I missed GC already..... and a memorable one !!

I joined a 21km in 2013, very well organized . Cheers everywhere, nice finisher tee , nice medal and nice weather.

I think if there is a chance, everyone should at least run GC once....and you wont regret.... :angel:

Ya it was this race that made me feel that I should document down the race feeling and overall race review... Till now.. No other races scores higher than gcam... U can view my blog to see how I score it...

I rem this year have 380 plus Sg runners who took part... 3rd largest contingent from a country..

Heard ppl saying this race can help those who wish to achieve a pb

Got it too and I have to agreed !! Almost flat route

It was the cheers that keeping me alive and you will never get it in SG ... Worth every single bits...

Ok, sounds like I am promoting this GC....

Okie....i try to shortlist this in future :)

Heard ppl saying this race can help those who wish to achieve a pb

Got it too and I have to agreed !! Almost flat route

It was the cheers that keeping me alive and you will never get it in SG ... Worth every single bits...

Ok, sounds like I am promoting this GC....

The best run I have ever participated so far - Good Weather, Relatively Flat Route, Good Cheering Crowd, Good Volunteers and Good Supporters' Support.

Tokyo Marathon rejected me too... now I am thinking if I should go for GCAM (Jul) or JEJU Marathon (Nov) next year.

Anyway, for thoese who are keen to participate in GCAM 15, your can read my post #89 for GCAM14 via http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=19744&p=489053

actually it isn't really flat.... there is still some gentle slopes here and there..... but its the supporters that made the diff..... and the weather as well.....

MIght share ur blog..

Here you go. .. its my very first post actually... https://autumnrunner.wordpress.com/

that is why i say relatively flat.... the 30km onwards is a slight upslope but no one notice it??? maybe becaus the slope is not as steep as Sheare Bridge.

anyone here registered for this race???? i went last yr... like it... wondering if i shld...... but it will be quite crazy (seen by many non-runners) if i go for such an exp race twice in a row 7hrs flight away....

if u like it ...just go lor.. I might too (2014 was my first GCAM) but really 10 thumbs up event...

wonder the booth at SCSM expo is for filling in what details? small booth with lotsa volunteers but seems nthing much going on leh.

If I'm not wrong the booth is really nothing happening. Just that you can put down your details. Then they will email you their GCM package plan something like that .....

ya just as I thought... probably the running grp package like last year with the 'GCAM seminar'.

will have ample time to register for FM one..