Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dalston

TransLantau 2015 - Hong Kong

50km all sold out. Left 100km. 25km and 13km. Hmmm decisions

All full. Decisions can be made for 2016.

Any suggestion where to buy budget collapsible trekking poles in Singapore? Black diamond is too ex for such an one off adventure.

Any suggestion where to buy budget collapsible trekking poles in Singapore? Black diamond is too ex for such an one off adventure.

Can try Adventure 21 or maybe Campers Corner. For the 50km, it is still possible to do it without poles (I did last year), but for the 100 km poles will help.

Can try Adventure 21 or maybe Campers Corner. For the 50km, it is still possible to do it without poles (I did last year), but for the 100 km poles will help.

Thanks, will check out. I tot of not using pole, but mr25 ultra convinced me otherwise, dunt think my quads can hold up under lantau's terrain.

True...i did my first 50km, and is my first ultra trail last year for this without poles too.

100km please go get one.

True...i did my first 50km, and is my first ultra trail last year for this without poles too.

100km please go get one.

hopefully I don't need it, I also don't feel at ease holding poles when running, see how the training goes first. Thanks.

100km please go get one.

hopefully I don't need it, I also don't feel at ease holding poles when running, see how the training goes first. Thanks.

You will spend lots more time hiking than running in a race like Lantau. ;)

100km please go get one.

You will spend lots more time hiking than running in a race like Lantau. ;)

Just started stairs climbing 2 sessions a week, about 40 mins per session with easy effort, plan to increase to 1hr per session before the race. But My hdb is only 16 storey tall, about 40+ meter.

Less than 3 weeks to go.....

Judging from the participants list, probably about 15% are Singaporeans ... High chance to bump into fellow forum members during the race :)

Hope race preparation is going well for all those who are going!!!

Less than 3 weeks to go.....

Judging from the participants list, probably about 15% are Singaporeans ... High chance to bump into fellow forum members during the race :)

Hope race preparation is going well for all those who are going!!!

It's never a problem to meet fellow Singaporeans in races in HK. And once you open up your ears to listen, you won't miss the Singlish.

I started my hunt for lodging too late, now the Mui Wo hotels are fully booked. :( Now have to get a room on HK island and take ferry over.

I started my hunt for lodging too late, now the Mui Wo hotels are fully booked. :( Now have to get a room on HK island and take ferry over.

Same here think I have to take a cab and take ferry to the race site....hopefully can make it in time haha

Hi Guys,

Just a quick check if i stay in jordan area, possible to take a cab to the race site ?

Should be ok. but probably more convenient if you can stay at hongkong Island near the piers where you can catch direct ferry across to mui wo.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick check if i stay in jordan area, possible to take a cab to the race site ?

Should be ok. but probably more convenient if you can stay at hongkong Island near the piers where you can catch direct ferry across to mui wo.

Thanks for the info :)

Managed to book a room at 60 West Suites on Hong Kong Island. 20 minutes walk to Central Pier 6. :)

first real ultra, feel nervous and tired before it starts. Just hope it will end soon, then can forget about all the stair Climbing.

All the best. Its 50km is my first real ultra too in 2014.

first real ultra, feel nervous and tired before it starts. Just hope it will end soon, then can forget about all the stair Climbing.

Hi guys,

Good read and advice from you guys, doing the 100K this.

Looks like trekking pole is a must after reading all the posts.

Will it be cold in the night up the hills? is base layer required?

Are the signage clearly visible?

Thanks!

Simple jacket will do. Signages in overseas races especially in HK, do not need to worry.

Just keep eyes open. Get a good headlamp. Enjoy ! March shouldn't be that cold but is still cooling compare to Jan race in HK mountains.

Thanks Max! 1st time race in Hong Kong, duno what to expect, reading those posts did send cold sweat down my spine.Just hope not to get cut off.