Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dalston

TransLantau 2015 - Hong Kong

I'm heading back for round two (50k). Had my butt handed to me the last time. Hope to do better this time round.

it's been a year soon, so fast. I'm still traumatised by the endless stairs for the 50km. But since I completed it, won't be going back again.

50km also.

Still overweight too much, and got very bad Plantar Fasciitis while increasing mileage too fast. Going to be a tough 6 months ahead.

Hmmm.. I'm interested in the 25k..but not sure if I'm up to it.

Completed a number of HMs and the recent TNF 25k was my first trail race. But this seems to be a lot more challenging.. ??

Tough one iindeed,based on friends experience: 3:30hr marathon = 9hr @ lantau, 4:30hr marathon = 11hr@ lantau

@limchris this yr u went for the 15km right? Sign up e 25km...heehee

A couple of us are doing the 25km (this round my husband is not running)

Tough one iindeed,based on friends experience: 3:30hr marathon = 9hr @ lantau, 4:30hr marathon = 11hr@ lantau

Here 4:07hr marathon = 11+hr @ 50km lantau too.

Maxie.... Come let's do 100km lol :D

100km I won't know if I can complete within cut off

@limchris this yr u went for the 15km right? Sign up e 25km...heehee

A couple of us are doing the 25km (this round my husband is not running)

He not running this round, you can chiong the 50km mah.

This year he running, that's why u give chance :)

I'm heading back for round two (50k). Had my butt handed to me the last time. Hope to do better this time round.

U good....I'm traumatize by the stairs still !

Our brave Hitman has already signed up for 100km. I'm sure he needs more friends to run and suffer together at Lantau Island :spiteful:

Our brave Hitman has already signed up for 100km. I'm sure he needs more friends to run and suffer together at Lantau Island :spiteful:

Since you came up with the idea, why don't you sign up and support him? :spiteful:

I shall cheer you on in Singapore. And as an added bonus, I can promise an interview on my blog to those who complete the 100km. :D

Since you came up with the idea, why don't you sign up and support him? :spiteful:

I shall cheer you on in Singapore. And as an added bonus, I can promise an interview on my blog to those who complete the 100km. :D

:goodjob:

As i was trying to poison Max, along came tough lil cookie here trying to counter poison me :startle: !!! Unfortunately, i don't think i'll be mentally, physically and financially ready to tackle the Lantau100 next year. I'll wait for Hitman and Max's post race reviews before taking the leap of faith...maybe in 2016. Thus, your post race interview with them will play an important role in my future participation hehe ;)

As i was trying to poison Max, along came tough lil cookie here trying to counter poison me :startle: !!! Unfortunately, i don't think i'll be mentally, physically and financially ready to tackle the Lantau100 next year. I'll wait for Hitman and Max's post race reviews before taking the leap of faith...maybe in 2016. Thus, your post race interview with them will play an important role in my future participation hehe ;)

Hahaha, isn't that we all do... Keep on trying to poison each other to go farther and farther? :P

Looking forward to chatting with you guys after you're back from Lantau - Hitman and Max. :D

I see lots of interests in the TransLantau event. It is one of the more challenging 100km races in HK. For any of the trail runs in HK, just be prepared for lots of steps. Train for it and you will get through the distance with a bit more ease. The numerous climbs (up & down) will be a big strain on your knees and ankles. Those that have been to any of th trails in HK will know what to expect. For first-timers, just be prepared :)

For those interested to know what to expect, have a look to give you an idea what's in store.....

https://www.facebook.com/#!/david.wong.9803/media_set?set=a.468668423262325.1073741863.100003575148086&type=3

Exactly...the stairs are brutal.

I am still having nightmare.

Whoever came up with the idea of building the stairs are genius :P

Couldn't agree more about the stairs. After some point, I'm not sure if I rather be going the uphill or downhill. Equally daunting on the quads.

So this time round, I'm bringing hiking poles to help me out.

I'm really tempted, but cant decided if I should go for 15km or 25km as first timer. How do people train for this race? Do lots of stairs and trail?

Nice video metallilan, an inspiration!

Thanks for sharing the amazing videos and pics guys!!! Definitely the ultra event to go for if one is out to give themselves a real challenge!!! :showoff: