Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

orionmiz

2014 Fubon Taipei Marathon (21 Dec 2014)

2014 Fubon Taipei Marathon

Date: 21 Dec 2014 (Sunday)

Details (in traditional Chinese):

http://www.sportsnet.org.tw/race_detail.php?race_no=20141221

Registration starts from 25 Sep 2014 (Thursday), 8.30am.

(Register at http://www.sportsnet.org.tw)

42.195km: NT$1000

- 7000 slots

- Race starts at 7.00am (gather before 6.40am), to be completed within 5h 30min

21.0975km: NT$800

- 19500 slots

- Race starts at 7.00am (gather before 6.40am), to be completed within 3h 30min

9km: NT$600

- 14900 slots

- Race starts at 7.30am (gather before 7.00am), to be completed within 1h 30min

Seems like an interesting run.. Can arrange it with a short holiday in Taipei in Dec.

Seems like majority are HM participants.. Might try out for a slot too.

How's the take up rate like for this run? Is it like HK marathon which is sold out within hours? Weather should be quite nice in Dec.. Wonder about crowd support and race atmosphere and logistics for this run? Went thru the tread for previous runs but couldn't gather much info.

Will be nice to hear from those who have taken part in this :)

Try your luck at 2pm later today.

Thanks for the heads up!

Unfortunately, still didn't get a slot for HM. I'll try again next year maybe ?

Question. Do they have the registration in English. Out of curiosity.. I hope they aren't expecting the whole world to read mandarin

For those who did it last year....

What happen to those slow runners...are they told to go up to the slower bus?

I am slow runner, usually completed about 6.30 hrs...I will never reach 5.5 hrs as mentioned.

Thanks

Just completed the run this afternoon....

First time in my marathon running, i got a DNF. The organiser will stamp a DNF on your bib.

When i reached the 35km mark, the time was 5 hrs 15 mins.....all runners were stopped, and was told to go up the bus, though the cut off is 5hrs 30mins...the organiser assumed that u will not be complete the race in 5hrs 30mins. Nearly 200 runners were stopped and asked to go up the bus.

When the bus sent u back to the starting line...no medal, no taipei big towel, luckily got food, drinks to bring back.

So u cannot finish a marathon in 5hrs 30mins.....forget about signing up.

The following are some of my feedbacks of the race:

1. All race singlet are oversize, though the size are written for u to choose, but it was 1 or 2 cm bigger at the side, they assumed you will wear 2 shirts for the run..in fact most of them did...including me. No changes of sizes are allowed.

2. The quality of the adidas shirt is lousy quality, cos the registration fee is only about $50, 1000NT.

3. Running route is boring, most of run is in the park, back and forth on 2 sides of the park.

4. Weather is super cold, I worn a glove, 2 shirts, short tights...but it will good to wear long pants, long sleeve shirt. U will get cramp when the wind blow at your leg....

Hi bananaman

1. All race singlet are oversize, though the size are written for u to choose, but it was 1 or 2 cm bigger at the side, they assumed you will wear 2 shirts for the run..in fact most of them did...including me. No changes of sizes are allowed.

I chose size smallest S, and it fits me perfectly. I didnt bother much about the size chart.

2. The quality of the adidas shirt is lousy quality, cos the registration fee is only about $50, 1000NT.

I think the quality is ok. Maybe not perfect. Did u return the timing chip for refund?

3. Running route is boring, most of run is in the park, back and forth on 2 sides of the park.

Super boring and cold. 90% running loop in the park. But few cheerleading gals cheering for runners quite pretty.haha

4. Weather is super cold, I worn a glove, 2 shirts, short tights...but it will good to wear long pants, long sleeve shirt. U will get cramp when the wind blow at your leg...

Especially last 6km when it rains, luckily not heavy.

Btw, are u the one wearing banana headgear?

"When i reached the 35km mark, the time was 5 hrs 15 mins.....all runners were stopped, and was told to go up the bus, though the cut off is 5hrs 30mins...the organiser assumed that u will not be complete the race in 5hrs 30mins. Nearly 200 runners were stopped and asked to go up the bus.

When the bus sent u back to the starting line...no medal, no taipei big towel, luckily got food, drinks to bring back."

Wonder if Singapore will ever be like Taiwan? :rolleyes2:

When me and my buddy signed up for Fubon few years back, we took a 4D3N F&E to tour and run.

I think the quality is ok. Maybe not perfect. Did u return the timing chip for refund?

Yup...it was collected and refund on the bus.

Btw, are u the one wearing banana headgear..

Nope but the hat with wings...and green adidas shirt.

The reason why only 200 runners at the last checkpoint were stopped...because there are 4 more checkpoints before that many did not pass the checkpoints were already asked to go up the buses.

The reason why only 200 runners at the last checkpoint were stopped...because there are 4 more checkpoints before that many did not pass the checkpoints were already asked to go up the buses.

Try their HM. I think got towel at finish line.

Oh... were there like many buses following behind?? There are a few races in Taiwan that u can consider though.... just dun give up. ...

Yes. The buses were parked at carparks at different checkpoints. waiting for runners.