Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tin Discovery

Bluetooth earbud

Hi anyone using bluetooth earbuds during your runs?

I am looking for something similar to the jaybird freedom sprint design where the wire runs up to the ear. Most sports earbud will hook over the ears which is inconvenient since i wear specs, wiping my sweat during a run will be cumbersome.

However jaybird is costly. Can anyone recommend something similar? I am using my samsung phone for music.

have you personally tried any (tested, auditioned) ?

the ones i've tested all sama sama ... no bass ... flat!

suggest you do likewise before spending hard earned $$ and be disappointed

you could go down to Stereo @ Ion [http://www.stereo.com.sg/store/]

they have most of the makes there for sampling ...

best is test it on a track or 2 u are familiar with (highs, lows, bass, etc)

the best i've tested (also budget constraint) (in terms of Sound Quality) is the Creative WP250

but it has more cons than pros

1) not comfortable, needs getting used to (i gotten used to it)

2) not water resistant (let alone splash proof)... though being for sports it's supposed to be! BUT NOT!

3) design a bit dated cos it's released back in 2012 i think

4) design isn't what you seeking

5) no need to list anymore ... cos it wouldn't pass your consideration test :lol:

the pros (need to be fair to Creative also)

1) cheap ! listed price is $79! but best is buy during one of those PC fairs ... using the $50 voucher that they give out readily ... pay $29 after offset!

2) Sound Quality

3) i had 2 died on me ... brought in to Creative and exchanged with new retail-packaging sets ... warranty is one year ... just pray no rain when using lol. i've used them on runs lasting 5 hours no worries (lest u tot will die due to sweat ... unless you perspire like a shower lol)

lastly, with regards to Jaybird Freedom Sprint ...

dunno if you know, but it's also sold at ST Hello Shops

IF you have ST vouchers (given when you recontract ST fibre or BB) ... then you can use that to offset the purchase. just mentioning in case you do have such voucher !

Thanks Jas007 for the useful information and advice. The prices of some earpiece really put me off, cost like SGD200.00 just for one piece. I go do some research before I spend the money.

Thanks Jas007 for the useful information and advice. The prices of some earpiece really put me off, cost like SGD200.00 just for one piece. I go do some research before I spend the money.

you're welcome :)

report back on your findings and purchases pls

all the best :)

Like what Jas007 have mentioned, the creative wp250 is the best in terms of bass n price.. But the fitting does take some time to get used to.

there is another Bluetooth earphone called Bluedio, nothing raving shout about but the price is good. I think around $20.

Do give these different headsets a try before committing ur purchase. Cheers

Like what Jas007 have mentioned, the creative wp250 is the best in terms of bass n price.. But the fitting does take some time to get used to.

there is another Bluetooth earphone called Bluedio, nothing raving shout about but the price is good. I think around $20.

Do give these different headsets a try before committing ur purchase. Cheers

ur wp250 uplorry yet ? lol

I'm using the Plantronics Backbeat Go 2 which fits the form factor you require.

Pros:

- Lightweight

- Water resistant

- Comes with different ear buds sizes

Cons:

- Relatively short battery life (~4hrs)

- Very weak bass

I'm using the Plantronics Backbeat Go 2 which fits the form factor you require.

Pros:

- Lightweight

- Water resistant

- Comes with different ear buds sizes

Cons:

- Relatively short battery life (~4hrs)

- Very weak bass

ya this one i tried ...

after reading all the positive reviews on amazon

then when i tested it ...

i was stumped

very weak to no bass !!!

Oh. And I also bought the first generation of Jabra Sport Wireless. Its a total joke!!!

You can only strap your phone to your right arm. If you put your phone on the left side, the receiver is so weak on the earphones, you'll hear the music skip. At first I thought it was my phone but I tried several phones with about the same results. The instructions also clear says to put the phone on the right. Totally ridiculous.

Sometimes I think these Bluetooth earphones are somewhat design to be lack of bass.. Perhaps for jogger safety when running and can hear out from traffic horns when crossing the traffic lights..

My experience with Bluetooth earphone, eventually they died due to sweat!!! Be it Plantronics, Jarba and Jaybird.

Jaybird has the best in term of bass audio etc. But they suffer the same fate Sweat kills them. I burnt thru 2 freedom and 2 Jaybird bluebud X but luckily it still within the warranty.

If you really want to listen to music, the best option would be the Sony MP3 player, the NWZ series but if you want to use it with your phone, the good old trustee 3.5mm jack hearphone is still the best and cheap option.

My earphones keep falling out after i sweat, specky man like me will have trouble using those over the ear type of earphones. Any tips for "sticking" those buds in and never let them fall out?

II have tried previously yurbuds but didn't like them, felt like a very cheap earphone will special cap over them

My earphones keep falling out after i sweat, specky man like me will have trouble using those over the ear type of earphones. Any tips for "sticking" those buds in and never let them fall out?

II have tried previously yurbuds but didn't like them, felt like a very cheap earphone will special cap over them

maybe using special plasters ?

like the ones used by EPL referees ... what kind i know not

maybe google ....

Use plaster to tape it juz like pro cyclist.