Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

Salomon X Trail 2014 - 22 Nov 2014

2014-11-22-Salomon-X-Trail-Run-2014-960x

Date: 22 November 2014, Saturday

Distance: 5K/10K

Flag-off Time: 7.30am

Flag-off & End Venue: Punggol, Specific location tbc

Registration Link: LINK HERE

Fee and Entitlements

2014-11-22-Salomon-X-Trail-2014-price-li

Race Tee Design

2014-11-22-salomon-x-trail-2014-tshirt_z

Race Pack Collection

Date: 15 November 2014, Saturday

Venue: World of Outdoors @ Plaza Singapura, Atrium, #04-62

Time: 12.00pm – 8.00pm

*Participants are reminded to present their Confirmation Slip and I/C on the Race Pack Collection day.

This will be the 2nd time the Salomon X-Trail is held outside of the Tampines Mountain Bike Park. It will be interesting as this time it's held in Punggol, which is literally at my backyard. Hmmm........

i cant really figure out where it will start off.... maybe somewhere near the punggol waterway....

Think they r going the mountain bike route... This edition make one wet n muddy hahaha

I'm not sure which route you are referring to but if you are talking about the Punggol Promenade Nature Walk (which used to be a red clay trail road), that stretch has been tarmac over. I dun know why NPark tarmac it. That stretch was one of my favourite stretch to run on but now its just like any old running path. Very sad.

There is no trail in Punggol. Only normal pavement for cyclist and runners.

One of the only places left around Punggol which the organizer can possibly organize a trail race is around the Lorong Halus Wetland Park area, and along the riverside of Sungai Serangoon across the river from the Punggol Riverside Walk. Some of the senior forumers here ever did a North Eastern wetland trail exploration run a few years ago. You may want to check out their route here which runs pass the area i've mentioned above:

http://www.mapmyrun.com/sg/singapore/wetland-adventure-along-sungei-serangoon-route-31459200

Think they r going the mountain bike route... This edition make one wet n muddy hahaha

I'm not sure which route you are referring to but if you are talking about the Punggol Promenade Nature Walk (which used to be a red clay trail road), that stretch has been tarmac over. I dun know why NPark tarmac it. That stretch was one of my favourite stretch to run on but now its just like any old running path. Very sad.

yes.. Sad But True

yes.. Sad But True

Same for me, sad about it. I wonder if it some people complain it to NPB that their shoe get muddy after rain?

Same for me, sad about it. I wonder if it some people complain it to NPB that their shoe get muddy after rain?

I dun think so. That stretch is not frequent by causal runners. I dun run there regularly myself unless I go for my LSD.

I think what happened is that the cyclist were wearing the trail down and certain stretch were getting quite bad. So I think NParks probably decide that in the long run, its probably cheaper to maintain it by just taring it over.

Probably not for me. My usual running ground. So nothing too appealing for me.

Unless there's an ELM medal in there, then its an entirely different story. :)

Of cos its a race by WOS, so while the quality of the medal has been improving, its still not appealing enough to me.