Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rain-man

NUS Bizad Charity Run 2015 - 10 January 2015

for those hankering after a hilly challenging route, here it is ...

NUS Bizad Charity Run 2015

Date - 10 January 2015

Time - 5 pm

Website - http://www.bizadcharityrun.com/

From the website -

" Bizad Charity Run is back!

Bizad Charity Run 2015 brings together the NUS business school community to provide financial aid to students in need and to extend our care to the disadvantaged in our society. It is an excellent platform that promotes the spirit of contribution to the community through rallying students, staff and alumni of NUS Business School and the general public.

The NUS Business School will be celebrating its 50th anniversary in 2015. Bizad's fifth annual run will usher in the new year, kicking off the school's 50th anniversary celebrations."

OMG.. check out the registration fee and see how much it has inflated from this yr race. :|

2015-01-10BizAdCharityRunFeeCompare_zps9

I know that its a charity run but 52% increase is bordering on the ridiculous. :cigar:

This is a very subdued race, probably because its always one of the first races of the year, some may not have get into training for their running season yet. This yr thread for this race probably set a record low for having only 4 posts (I contributed 50% of them!)

So no race review nor discussion of any sorts. Its quite surreal as even the most unattended race tends to have some higher level of discussion. After going through the registration hell that was RunNUS, I wonder how the organisation differs between the 2 races.

The race organiser just announced on FB that they are giving a finisher medal for the race in celebration of 50 years of NUS Business School, National University of Singapore.

If I'm not mistaken, this race dun usually give out finisher medal. So its nice and a 50th anniversary medal is always special. *seriously thinking*

So no race review nor discussion of any sorts. Its quite surreal as even the most unattended race tends to have some higher level of discussion. After going through the registration hell that was RunNUS, I wonder how the organisation differs between the 2 races.

From what I know, the bizad race is organized by alumni and personnel from the NUS business school side so they are different from those who organized the RunNUS. Not sure how the registration was like for RunNUS but bizad race is using an external race reg portal, so should be more smooth in registrations..

Just in time (last night). Let's see how good is this sweat wicking material tee...hopefully better than B & C, haha.

Ah.. nice. See u at the starting line. As for whether it will be better than B & C, its hard to tell. Vaporskin is like a 3rd party material used by many shirt producer so in effect its probably a generic tee-shirt. But not all generic singlet is bad. The YRPR is a generic singlet but the quality is decent. At least much better that what I got at SIA charity run.

Any Compressports retail outlets selling tee? Interested to know how 'bad' it can be before deciding on another race.

AFAIK, CompressSport only sell compression shirts. They do not sell running singlet or tee like Brooks, NB, Adidas etc. Take a look at their products here.

So a retail outlet wont help u. But if you want, you can take a look at the extensive list of retailers like World of Sports and Running Lab among others.

Can u catch the drift? ;)^_^