Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lonewolf

Blackmores Sydney Marathon - 21 Sep 2014

Facebook: LINK HERE

2014BlackmoresSydneyRunningFestival_zps8

Come across this ad from CTC for the above overseas event. Not sure about how value-for-money the package is but for the uninitiated in overseas races, this will certainly be a painless stepping stone. Hopefully more travel companies will come up with such package in future for overseas races.

Thanks for sharing! Hope more of us here share more of these info if anyone comes across such promos in future.

It is good that more travel agencies are recognizing such business opportunities and exploring the possibilities of providing a one-stop, hassle-free service for runners. There should be some cost savings compared to booking individually, but one loses the flexibility and freedom to explore on oneself as the tour package would require one to follow quite closely to its itinerary.

On the same note, I wonder businesses such as Raffles Runners are doing. They don't seem to do much promos about their services, yet they seem to have survived based on just providing a one-stop shop for a few runs per year.

i felt that it is heart warming that more agencies are seeing such running events as a business model for them.... so coming up with packages.... i have done a quick comparison earlier this year before i booked my tics for goldcoast marathon 2014... the prices in the package is slightly cheaper only... (at most $200).... but for this, you would lose some flexbility... for example, the bus brings u to the start point and as HM and FM gaps at about 1.5hr, means that the FM runners have to board the bus as early as 1.5hrs before the HM starts (meaning 3hrs before FM starts)..... and wait in the cold......

so i chose with flexibility than the cost.... and of course this includes the hassle of booking accom and tics....

to each his own.....

i felt that it is heart warming that more agencies are seeing such running events as a business model for them.... so coming up with packages.... i have done a quick comparison earlier this year before i booked my tics for goldcoast marathon 2014... the prices in the package is slightly cheaper only... (at most $200).... but for this, you would lose some flexbility... for example, the bus brings u to the start point and as HM and FM gaps at about 1.5hr, means that the FM runners have to board the bus as early as 1.5hrs before the HM starts (meaning 3hrs before FM starts)..... and wait in the cold......

so i chose with flexibility than the cost.... and of course this includes the hassle of booking accom and tics....

to each his own.....

I went on the package for this year's Gold Coast Airport Marathon 2014. In fact, there were separate buses for the HM (4 am) and the FM (5 am) runners, and not just one common bus.

oh is it??? i went to check out with queensland package before.... they told me got buses but have to cater the time for the HM..... tt's one of the major reasons why i did not go with them.....

i read a few blogs from others and it really mentioned that they were out in the cold and trying to keep warmth.... hahah.....

I am currently staying at Sydney and is interested in joining the marathon. I participated the half-marathon last year and was expecting to participate in the Full marathon this year. However, I suffered an injury but has recovered since. I missed out on the early bird prices. Do anyone know where can I buy the marathon slots in australia? Is there any forums similar to this in Australia?

I am currently staying at Sydney and is interested in joining the marathon. I participated the half-marathon last year and was expecting to participate in the Full marathon this year. However, I suffered an injury but has recovered since. I missed out on the early bird prices. Do anyone know where can I buy the marathon slots in australia? Is there any forums similar to this in Australia?

You can try this one. Found it from google search:

http://www.coolrunning.com.au/forums/

I think registration for this run is still open? Wouldn't it be less of a hassle to pay the normal rates instead of buying an early bird slot from someone?