Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

Gentle reminder for those signing up. When selecting your singlet size, you may need to downsize from your usual size. Adidas cutting are generous to say the least. Dun end up selecting a size too bad that you wont feel comfortable running in (happens to me for the KOTR 2013 singlet)

would be my first Adidas ...

last year's Brooks, my singlet was XS ... Finisher Tee was S ...

what size should i go for Adidas bro ?

XXS :lol: for the singlet, and S for the tee ? :lol:

just remembered the Mrs got SC cc ...

offered $65 FM ... no more $55 i think :(

registering now ...

EDITED :

final amount = $55.25 (after 15% off $65, this amt only reveal on subsequent page so no worries ... just pick the $65 option for FM)

no need pay with the SC cc u registered with ...

can pay with either cc ... or paypal (which i opted for)

Thanks for SIC ... else i wouldn't have asked if other half still has her SC cc (she herself tot she CxL already lol)

as for the singlet, i opted for Men's XS (as i did the previous 2 yrs with Ascis & Brooks)

I am not a pass runners and i do not hold any standard chartered card. What is my lower rate i need to pay?

Technically, it is SGD65. If all the 2500 slots of SGD65 are taken, the next fee is SGD80. If all the 4500 slots of SGD80 are taken, then the next fee is SGD95.

U forgot the $1 slot???? Time to queue up hahahahaha

There's only 41 $1 FM slot at the road show. Wanna guess when people will start queuing? I say 6pm a day before the launch. You reall want to waste so much time just to save $8o? Surely your time is worth more than that. :judge:

There's only 41 $1 FM slot at the road show. Wanna guess when people will start queuing? I say 6pm a day before the launch. You reall want to waste so much time just to save $8o? Surely your time is worth more than that. :judge:

There are 42 $1 FM slot. Below is the Event Launch T&C. You have to decide if it is worth your time to queue. I think registration will also be slow too with 1000+ people queueing to register.

Event Launch Terms and Conditions

1. 100 x $1 Entries with Premium Goodie Bag

• The first 100 registrants (as per the race category breakdown below) will be issued with a Queue Number and promo code. The $1 entries are limited to 1 per person with the exception of Kids Dash Registration.*
  • 100 x $1 Entries : (42 x Marathon, 21 x HM, 10 x 10km, 27 x Kids Dash)
  • 1 Goodie Bag per Registrant

*Participants must register in person and not on behalf of any other individual. This is with the exception of the Kids Dash registration – one Parent is allowed to register him/herself and/or one Kids Dash entry

• Scenario 1: Parent registers child for Kids Dash = $1 Registration Fee + 1 Premium Goodie Bag
  • Scenario 2: Parent registers for him/herelf and Kids Dash = 2 x $1 Registration Fee + 2 x Premium Good Bag

2. 500 x Priority+ Pricing with Goodie Bag

• The next 500 registrants (following those who receive the 100 Premium Goodie Bags) will be issued with a Queue Number and promo code. This queue number and promo code will be limited to one per person.
  • 1 Goodie Bag per Registrant
  • 1 registration per person. Registration on behalf of another person is allowed

3. 650 x Priority + Pricing

• The next 650 registrants (following those who receive the 500 Goodie Bags) will be issued with a Queue Number and promo code. This queue number and promo code will be limited to one per person.
  • 1 registration per person. Registration on behalf of another person is allowed

I rather pay $XX BECAUSE sponsor is ADIDAS :dribble: and not brooks/ascis/NB :thumbsdown:

Cos I started my FM from Dec2010 onwards. So Cya this Dec7 when I see YOUs :thumbsup:

Priority+ slots for 21km and 10km almost sold out!! As for 42km, i think the Priority+ registrations will also be sold out before 12am tonight. Seems that i'll probably have to contend with paying eighty bucks bucks for 42km. :(

Route alrdy out as it is exactly same as last yr. No Sports Hub leh! But I believe more will sign up this year due to Adidas.

Think Dec got Asian world cup at sports hub.... But anything can still change... Active@sg???? Hahahahahaha

End at Padang better.

Central, transport better and more food options after run. Family members can go shopping while waiting.

Rental of National Stadium will be expensive, which imply reason for increase in registration fee.

Route alrdy out as it is exactly same as last yr. No Sports Hub leh! But I believe more will sign up this year due to Adidas.

End at Padang better.

Central, transport better and more food options after run. Family members can go shopping while waiting.

Rental of National Stadium will be expensive, which imply reason for increase in registration fee.

Mixed feelings to know that it would be the same route again, with no changes at all. While it is a safe "template" to use back the old routes, I do feel that it is really time to make some changes to them already to maintain novelty of the race.

But SCMS is Singapore Sports Council's baby, so rental of the new sports hub should be at minimal cost.... (or so I presume)

Where did u get the route info? Could not find any link in the website.

End at Padang better.

Mixed feelings to know that it would be the same route again, with no changes at all. While it is a safe "template" to use back the old routes, I do feel that it is really time to make some changes to them already to maintain novelty of the race.

But SCMS is Singapore Sports Council's baby, so rental of the new sports hub should be at minimal cost.... (or so I presume)

Already 4 years, boring "eh" ! The same routes for 10 km, HM and FM will be the same for 6 more years at least (10 years COE "wah") !

Any routes changed need to be recertified by IAAF and will incurs additional time, different roads closure and cost (that will be absorded by all runners :shok: ) !

According to their FB : "Online Priority+ slots for Half Marathon and 10km have all been snapped up. A few hundred are still available for the Marathon and Kids Dash."

Just registered for 42km... Price is still $55.25 with standard chart. Card...

Yolo just to clarify for those just with the card can register tonight at 0000hr or is it the same as the previous round tomorrow at 1100hr

Just registered for 42km... Price is still $55.25 with standard chart. Card...

Yolo just to clarify for those just with the card can register tonight at 0000hr or is it the same as the previous round tomorrow at 1100hr

Should be midnight tonight.

Seems like this SCMS 2014 is selling very well. Is it because of this new registration model or the Adidas sponsor?

I actually have a thought - We slammed the organiser every year for having the same route every year, what about the other well known international marathons (Boston, Tokyo, London.. etc)? Do the organisers change the route every few years? What would be the frequency?

We do not know enough to judge.... perhaps the folks in this forum who also frequently run marathons overseas can shed some light, and share their knowledge, so that we know what we should be expecting.

When we have facts, and know the 'norm', then I think it is fair to comment.

Just my opinion....