Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

Anyonetried eating M&M chocolate for energy during the run?

Haven try for running... But sure useful for my Army route march last time... One big bag can share whole platoon

with regards to SCMS ....

I am quite disappointed that i did not see SGRunners presence anywhere ....

be it Padang, or anywhere on the course

I think that pretty much sums up the direction with which this forum is headed

:(

I used to pack raisins in tiny ziplock bags (say 3 pkts) in my pouch while running the ultras. it does gives me energy but one thing that really wakes me up is drinking 3 in 1 coffee while in the race... i'll bring a small sachet and pour the powder into my mouth then pour plain water in and gargle. Kinda disgusting for some ppl but its wat I do in NS...haha even reservist.

Maybe all running mah.

Maybe all running mah.

no lah ... i dun think the chief runs SCMS anymore ....

seems like 0% already lah ...

I'm won't say that I'm disappointed. I just recognise things for what they are and move on.

Personally I'm just happy that the forum is still alive and active. Dun know if you know or not but at one stage last yr, it almost went the way of the dinosaur. But lucky in the end, it proves to be a shark instead!! :clapping:

Ya i think i noticed a very down period ..... glad that there are still many active runners who provides good information about all the races locally and globally

None of the forum moderators seem to be actively participating in the forum anymore.

I wonder who is administering the sgRunners Facebook page......

Although the moderators are no longer actively running locally or participating in this forum, but the forum is still alive. And you guys here are still contributing ideas, tips, experience, feedbacks, etc. So let's keep checking in here for as long as the forum still exists. I still find this forum very useful in terms getting training tips, info on upcoming races, and appreciate to have everyone here!! :thumbsu:

I always felt that Singapore running event can have so many participants partly is due to this sgrunners.com. I join running event during those early day, Mobile Singapore Marathon usually attract less than 2000 runners running FM.

I always felt that Singapore running event can have so many participants partly is due to this sgrunners.com. I join running event during those early day, Mobile Singapore Marathon usually attract less than 2000 runners running FM.

As much as I love sgrunners, I dun think its true nowadays. Maybe 5-10 yrs back when social media wasn't so prevalent, this might be true. But nowadays I think its probably not true. Most people would probably learn about a race from social media, many more would learn from their running groups or kakis. Probably only a small percentage would learn about the race from this forum.

One thing for sure though, I do think we are always among the first to list a race way in advance. Sometimes even before the race website or facebook page is ready.

As much as I love sgrunners, I dun think its true nowadays. Maybe 5-10 yrs back when social media wasn't so prevalent, this might be true. But nowadays I think its probably not true. Most people would probably learn about a race from social media, many more would learn from their running groups or kakis. Probably only a small percentage would learn about the race from this forum.

One thing for sure though, I do think we are always among the first to list a race way in advance. Sometimes even before the race website or facebook page is ready.

i think i got my latest news(example new races, release of race timing...) from this forum. i do check some race FB page but i prefer to come to the forum as it is more 'centralized'.

nice..... lets jus keep this forum alive for as long as it is active..... i still remember there was once when it was down for a few days and i thought that's the end of the forum and was pretty sad.... hahahah......

ya feel likewise

but know that it's inly a matter of time now

making plans to backup some of my posts for posterity

nice..... lets jus keep this forum alive for as long as it is active..... i still remember there was once when it was down for a few days and i thought that's the end of the forum and was pretty sad.... hahahah......

Think it was more than a few days, at least a week or two? After that, many of us created an account at JRL in case this forum die a natural death, but i'm glad we survive! Thanks to everyone who actively post details of races and keeping this forum going...

Think it was more than a few days, at least a week or two? After that, many of us created an account at JRL in case this forum die a natural death, but i'm glad we survive! Thanks to everyone who actively post details of races and keeping this forum going...

true... u reminded me that i have an account at JRL.... hahah......

Just sharing Soh Rui Yong's story about how he became the second-fastest Singaporean marathoner at the California International Marathon on 7 December, his takeaways from that race and what he's hoping for his marathon next year at the SEA Games.

Happy reading! :D

LINK: http://www.prischew.com/running/soh-rui-yong-second-fastest-marathoner/

P.S. Yeah seems very sad that this humble forum is dying a slow death. If it is to stay alive, new blood needs to come in continuously, which isn't really happening. :(

Just sharing Soh Rui Yong's story about how he became the second-fastest Singaporean marathoner at the California International Marathon on 7 December, his takeaways from that race and what he's hoping for his marathon next year at the SEA Games.

Happy reading! :D

LINK: http://www.prischew.com/running/soh-rui-yong-second-fastest-marathoner/

P.S. Yeah seems very sad that this humble forum is dying a slow death. If it is to stay alive, new blood needs to come in continuously, which isn't really happening. :(

You are one of the new bloods that is keeping this alive. Keep it up!