Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

To resolve the no gels or insufficient gels issue, the best solution is to give out bananas only (the cost saving can be reimbursed back for lower registration fees).

Do you think the greedy runners what to stuff his/her fuel belt with bananas ? :lolu:

But one high risk is possible of runners' fall due to misstep on the scattering bananas skin !!! Need better bananas skin disposal management !

Sorry. I have to disagree with you on this. Personally I'm not a fan of banana being given out during races cos its not the easiest thing to try digesting during a race. So I would still prefer gel over banana.

The fairest solution is to provide at least a gel in the race pack so that even the slowest FM runner will get at least one gel. But this has been suggested before and the organiser choose not to do it and rather go by the concept of 'fastest legs get first'. In this case, they can get by with providing a limited quantity of gel and get away with it.

Oops I donno where is my wrist band. Hahaha.

If I'm not mistaken, you can get one at the store. But I'm really not sure so maybe you want to call up the shop and asked first. Its a very cool memorabilia and definitely worth making a trip down. The engraving standard is very good. It will take around 5 mins for the engraving to be done (excluding the queuing time if any) so trying going during the off peak hours if you can.

I remember taking last year's Standard Charterer BKK Marathon, only bananas and fruits were given and not gels. As for me this not an issue as I always prepare more than enough gels just incase I might need it. Having a gel from race organiser is a bonus to me. However if the organiser mentioned gels will be given and there's not, it really looks bad on them.

I went down to Adidas Cathay yesterday to get my wristband engraved during lunchtime. No queue at all and it takes only 5 mins.

We tell them our timing and they engrave or they will check our timing from the SCMS web site? What if I tell them my timing is 3h 01 min , will they engrave it ? :turned:

We tell them our timing and they engrave or they will check our timing from the SCMS web site? What if I tell them my timing is 3h 01 min , will they engrave it ? :turned:

They will ask for your bib no or name to check the official result site for the timing.

In any case, I dun see the point of engraving a time that is not yrs. Unless you intend for it to be gift for someone else or something.

They retrieve your timing by BIB number.

So we need to bring our SCMS bib as proof that we did the run?

Just tell them your BIB number. The engraving is just the timing without category or name.

Another point to note is that if you're there to engrave your timing, I think you receive 15% off storewide for non-discounted items.

Just tell them your BIB number. The engraving is just the timing without category or name.

will be there later to engrave!

I see. Thanks.

Just FYI,if anyone is interested in the engraving of ur timing on the band, the services is only from 12pm - 7pm. I went there too late today and the counter for engraving closed liao.. :'(

Hi

Which FB page or website do we can find SCMS 2014 pics? I found only Running Shots FB page, and Runsociety website.

Thanks

Hi

Which FB page or website do we can find SCMS 2014 pics? I found only Running Shots FB page, and Runsociety website.

Thanks

running shots, running kaki, eye-see-eye-shoot, runsociety, run mo cap, runevent shots, sg running (personal page), chasing shots, tan kim lai (personal page), runcapture, sports snapshots, run gallery SG, lifestyle1881, run & capture, pixelated, runningpics, Leong Kwan Weng (personal page), seanworld of marathon (malaysian page), eu gene (personal page), sentient moments

those highlighted are those Facebook pages with SCMS photos.. hope it is useful!

Hi

Thanks

running shots, running kaki, eye-see-eye-shoot, runsociety, run mo cap, runevent shots, sg running (personal page), chasing shots, tan kim lai (personal page), runcapture, sports snapshots, run gallery SG, lifestyle1881, run & capture, pixelated, runningpics, Leong Kwan Weng (personal page), seanworld of marathon (malaysian page), eu gene (personal page), sentient moments

those highlighted are those Facebook pages with SCMS photos.. hope it is useful!

Good reference..

Maybe u can appeal to admin to put it as a sticky ? It can attract more new runners to forum when they realised they can find their photo...

Anyonetried eating M&M chocolate for energy during the run?

I used to do that... Will wrap m&m ( those without peanuts) with aluminium foil and pack them for my long runs.

Nowadays, mostly gels... But still occasionally use them for my runs if there is craving :)

I used to do that... Will wrap m&m ( those without peanuts) with aluminium foil and pack them for my long runs.

Nowadays, mostly gels... But still occasionally use them for my runs if there is craving :)

I brought a choco bar but it melted, does wrapping them in foil helped?

I brought a choco bar but it melted, does wrapping them in foil helped?

Remember the saying "M&Ms, it melts in your mouth, not in your hands" ? Well, its actually true. M&Ms won't melt. That's why its a favourite race food for Ironman races back in the "good old days".

But m&m comes in small bits... Eat le not as dense as those bar type... like not so full leh.... the bar choc I bought also melt in my hands .... or rather melt in my running belt...haa...