Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

It does look confusing at first glance by looking at the chart, but a bit of reading the text and all is clear.

For example, I ran last year and have a StanChart card, so I get to sign up on-line on 7 July for $55.25 (after less 15%) if I am one of the first 2,500 persons to register, if I am number 2501, I'll pay $68 (after less 15%), and so on....

still confusing. So can use ur card to sign up for mine hehehheh
Cannot wor, they verify the card number too... already try last year but unsuccessful. :-(

Really? Can only use own stan chart credit card?

hmn.... this part never try before... cause they never specifically say need to sign up using your own card.... bearing your name......

but just give it a try then... so this becomes... a quick hand quick leg thingy cause only first 2500..... wah.... HM worse... 1000 only.....

did they mention what time starts registration?

I study the infographic and I think its not very straightforward.

"Standard Chartered Bank cardholders who ran in SCMS13 will have the first chance to sign up online from 7 9 July. All other Standard Chartered Bank cardholders and SCMS13 participants can then register from 9 July" If my understanding is correct, only the first 2,500 from this group will enjoy the Priority+ $65 FM fee.

Now if 2500 Standard Chartered Bank cardholders who ran in SCMS13 registered from 7 - 9 Jul, then past participant may end up paying $8o instead. :startle:

I suppose if that happens, then we can either sign up at the Ion Road show (can forget about the $1 sign up unless u willing to queue overnight) or at the community road show. But with only 500 and 50 sign-ups respectively to enjoy the Priority+ fee, some queuing may be inevitable. I wonder if I'm allowed to sign up at other road show even if I dun stay in that region.

It strange that no one mentioned the bulk registration which is even cheaper at $8o (for 30 - 50 registrants) [should be for the FM? but not clear] And its even stranger (and a little sad) that this forum is not organising a bulk registration for SCMS sign up.

If they reserving the Priority+ fee of 500 for the road show, that means only 2000 gets to enjoy the Priority+ fee rates from online sign ups (doubtful that community road shows will have the priority+ fees anymore after 16 July).

Priority+ fees also available for Community road shows - 50 slots each for Full, Half and 10k. 100 for Kids.

Yup. On the facebook page: online registration opens at 12.01am on 7 July.

So for those non-SCB cardholders but ran last yr, who's staying awake on the 9 Jul 0001 to sign up?? :diablo:

So for those non-SCB cardholders but ran last yr, who's staying awake on the 9 Jul 0001 to sign up?? :diablo:

wah siong leh..... and no world cup that day also.. .hahah.... worse for me... i will be in Aust... so have to wake up at 2am if i can wake up..........

I study the infographic and I think its not very straightforward.

"Standard Chartered Bank cardholders who ran in SCMS13 will have the first chance to sign up online from 7 9 July. All other Standard Chartered Bank cardholders and SCMS13 participants can then register from 9 July" If my understanding is correct, only the first 2,500 from this group will enjoy the Priority+ $65 FM fee.

Now if 2500 Standard Chartered Bank cardholders who ran in SCMS13 registered from 7 - 9 Jul, then past participant may end up paying $8o instead. :startle:

I suppose if that happens, then we can either sign up at the Ion Road show (can forget about the $1 sign up unless u willing to queue overnight) or at the community road show. But with only 500 and 50 sign-ups respectively to enjoy the Priority+ fee, some queuing may be inevitable. I wonder if I'm allowed to sign up at other road show even if I dun stay in that region.

It strange that no one mentioned the bulk registration which is even cheaper at $8o (for 30 - 50 registrants) [should be for the FM? but not clear] And its even stranger (and a little sad) that this forum is not organising a bulk registration for SCMS sign up.

If they reserving the Priority+ fee of 500 for the road show, that means only 2000 gets to enjoy the Priority+ fee rates from online sign ups (doubtful that community road shows will have the priority+ fees anymore after 16 July).

Priority+ fees also available for Community road shows - 50 slots each for Full, Half and 10k. 100 for Kids.

Oops missed that. So that means another 250 slots less for the initial sign up? Or are these specially reserved slots for the roadshows? :iiam:

I always sleep past 0001 every night so no difference to me haha.

So I guess it times for us to play 'Fastest Fingers First' in the premiere of 'Who Want to Register for the SCMS for $65?' :geek:

Want to caught back some sleep after watching those early morning World cup matches. Now this is another night to stay awake. :|

So I guess it times for us to play 'Fastest Fingers First' in the premiere of 'Who Want to Register for the SCMS for $65?' :geek:

this one shld be less stressful than ST iPhone launch online appt booking

that one super stressful lol

But surely can't fight with SCM Hong Kong FM race held in February this year. Last year it took only about 4 hours after registration open for the slots to be snapped up ...

Here's some quotes of what your fellow runners have to say about the new SCMS registration model. :)

SCMS 2014: Feedback on New Registration Model

hahaha I couldn't stop laughing as I read all those fellow runners id

most from the prep SD EC run cept for William (Ah Seow 30 marathons)

nevertheless it proves to be more clear cut after reading those comments than trying to make what I can from the standchart site

Here's some quotes of what your fellow runners have to say about the new SCMS registration model. :)

SCMS 2014: Feedback on New Registration Model

hahaha I couldn't stop laughing as I read all those fellow runners id

most from the prep SD EC run cept for William (Ah Seow 30 marathons)

nevertheless it proves to be more clear cut after reading those comments than trying to make what I can from the standchart site

Haha... Anyway, glad the post shared some light into your understanding of the SCMS registration. :D

You signing up for the SCMS?

yes. got unfinished business. 2012 hampered by pre race injuries. 2013 cramps from 15KM onwards.

thk I paid 75 or 80 last year early bird can't rem

so anything lower is best

yes. got unfinished business. 2012 hampered by pre race injuries. 2013 cramps from 15KM onwards.

Ahh... I see. Hope to see you there!

Hopefully you can get into the Priority+ rate for $65. :)

Best of luck!

Best of luck!

there ? as in the roadshow ? (i know u mean SCSM 2014 itself :D )

as for the roadshow, i too don't believe that i should waste my time queuing ...

and dunno whether people will play nice and really queue for themselves ONLY and dun chut pattern like he/she's with me and cut queue at someone else expense (remember the cupcake or ice cream queue incident i think at Tangs)

i shall try my luck online instead :D

Best of luck!

there ? as in the roadshow ? (i know u mean SCSM 2014 itself :D )

as for the roadshow, i too don't believe that i should waste my time queuing ...

and dunno whether people will play nice and really queue for themselves ONLY and dun chut pattern like he/she's with me and cut queue at someone else expense (remember the cupcake or ice cream queue incident i think at Tangs)

i shall try my luck online instead :D

Haha yes, the SCMS itself on 7 Dec lah. :D

Yup, agree, queuing like that is just wasting precious time. Not to mention those fights back in 2000 for the McDonalds Hello Kitties...

Here the reply from SCMS facebook on the issue of the priorty+ slots for the ION and community road shows:

The 500 FM Priority+ slots and 50 FM Priority+ slots at each of the community road shoes are all specifically reserved slots, and will not be affected by the FM slots signed up online.

So there will be 2,500 FM Priority+ slots just for the online registration.

So slowly, bit by bit and with the collective efforts of one and all, things are starting to become clearer. I suppose with anything new, there will always be initial confusion, a fair bit of complaints and plenty of finger pointing.

Rem the 1st day when MCE was opened and there were jams and confusion and a lot of people crying murder and hurling names and abuses at LTA and Transport Minister? What has happened since then? I drove it a few times and everything seems to be flowing well. The complaints has stopped but I dun read anyone paying compliments to what I thought was just a fantastic expressway.

Closer to the running events, I remember last yr, JLR started a 'designated' time slots for race pack pick-ups. I was highly critical of the plan and questioned the logic of it. But after using it for 2 yrs (last yr and this yr) I come to the conclusion that its a fantastic system and more organisers should use the same system.

And so it may be the case with this new registration system that SCMS is using this yr. I wont be so cynical to suggest that this model is designed to maximise the race organiser. I doubt that is really the case. If this system can provide race organiser with some revenue certainties and provide a sustainable system, then I really dun have an issue with it. Let's see what happens and cross our fingers that their system has enough bandwidth to handle the expected load.

Really don't like the "New Registration Model" !

Let's say the 2500 allocated slots for last year's runners registered with Singapore issued Standard Chartered credit card during Priority+ period are not fully taken up (very unlikely), will the left over slots being offer to Second class runners (those ran last year registered with other credit cards or those with Standard Chartered credit card but didn't run last year) ?

May be very soon to improve the running experience with wider running route and less crowded with more breathing space, Certificate of Entitlement (COE) will be implemented to running event !

Here the reply from SCMS facebook on the issue of the priorty+ slots for the ION and community road shows:

The 500 FM Priority+ slots and 50 FM Priority+ slots at each of the community road shoes are all specifically reserved slots, and will not be affected by the FM slots signed up online.

So there will be 2,500 FM Priority+ slots just for the online registration.

So slowly, bit by bit and with the collective efforts of one and all, things are starting to become clearer. I suppose with anything new, there will always be initial confusion, a fair bit of complaints and plenty of finger pointing.

Rem the 1st day when MCE was opened and there were jams and confusion and a lot of people crying murder and hurling names and abuses at LTA and Transport Minister? What has happened since then? I drove it a few times and everything seems to be flowing well. The complaints has stopped but I dun read anyone paying compliments to what I thought was just a fantastic expressway.

Closer to the running events, I remember last yr, JLR started a 'designated' time slots for race pack pick-ups. I was highly critical of the plan and questioned the logic of it. But after using it for 2 yrs (last yr and this yr) I come to the conclusion that its a fantastic system and more organisers should use the same system.

And so it may be the case with this new registration system that SCMS is using this yr. I wont be so cynical to suggest that this model is designed to maximise the race organiser. I doubt that is really the case. If this system can provide race organiser with some revenue certainties and provide a sustainable system, then I really dun have an issue with it. Let's see what happens and cross our fingers that their system has enough bandwidth to handle the expected load.

Haha think the website will crash on 07 Jul unless they assign "time slots" for those eligible for Priority+ to sign up online.

07 July to 09 July are for last year SCMS runners with Standard Chartered Credit card. If there 2500 of them ? I manage to dip out my Standard Chartered credit card which I apply 2 years ago and never use. I almost forget I got this credit card as I keep it inside my cabinet after applying it. In my case, Standard Chartered had success in their marketing.

Registered for FM. Got the $65 slot and after 15% discount; just need to pay $55.25. Need to key in your IC and a valid Standard Chartered Card before it allows you to registeted.

I've totally forgotten that priority registration starts today! Nevertheless, just tried and was able to sign up by paying $55.25, yeah!