Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

Very familiar looking bag :)

I like the idea goodie bag to give us a towel + slippers + mrt card of the day !

No. It is not. But when you compare to other races such as HK, Tokyo and KL, they don't have such pre-race organizational issues.

Volunteer was keen to read my registration confirmation slip to ensure the size of my tee is right and told me about the wrist band. But I think they were not briefed properly about the plastic bags. Maybe it is a 2-shift thing...subsequent shift people were not briefed properly. Now i am not sure if I have to go all the way down to get a plastic bag.

Looking at their FB page, I am not the only one. And they have not replied to people who posted too.

Ok maybe they should make it like CTRRA Taipei races, make people buy this bag for NT$100 (between S$4 to S$5) instead (but can be use for subsequent other races).

15329639493_ccccbea58f_o.jpg

Collected my race entry pack just before noon within 5 minutes.

Collected my baggage deposit clear plastic bag at one of the Baggage counter and have verified my timing chip at the Timing counter next to the Baggage.

Super efficient with the three in one (10/HM/FM) shared collection counters. :good:

Collected my race entry pack just before noon within 5 minutes.

Collected my baggage deposit clear plastic bag at one of the Baggage counter and have verified my timing chip at the Timing counter next to the Baggage.

Super efficient with the three in one (10/HM/FM) shared collection counters. :good:

Hope tomorrow will be even more efficient....

Reached 6.21pm. Waiting time 2 mins. There are hardcopy race maps on the table. Pls help yourselves.

Dun be fooled! Those are just maps of the road closures and an overview, not the actual race routes. :mellow:

I read through the comments in SCMS facebook..

they dont provide size exchange but they setup a "shirt swapping" counter for runners..

i suggest after collection head to the toilet to try the singlet, if the size is way too big (or too small) u can return to the swapping counter directly..

instead of trying and home and need to go all the way back to expo again.. =.=

Collection is at Expo right? There are plenty of toilets to try, so better to try on the spot and exchange if need to. Most race pack collection there will be an information counter and likely they will be obliged to exchange for u.

My concern now is the finisher tee... Can't try on after the race where whole body is sweaty..try Liao they might not want to exchange for u... Bring home try also sian to go all the way to the organizer office to change...

Sign up time didn't realize its Adidas this time.. Hence choose L size... But experience from KOTR tells me their L is really one size bigger than other brands.. Hopefully my tee will fit just nice. Btw any sample to try at REPC?

Reached 6.21pm. Waiting time 2 mins. There are hardcopy race maps on the table. Pls help yourselves.

Dun be fooled! Those are just maps of the road closures and an overview, not the actual race routes. :mellow:

Yah, I took and while the helper was searching for my bid, I saw its just road closure, folded the brochure and put it back lolz..

I was at race expo around 4pm and no queue too..

IMG_6810.jpg

Saw this at the exchange corner, the message on the left really lolz... I've left out the contact number on the right so that the lady can have her privacy, message me if you need her number for exchange.

Anyway, there's no way to exchange through the organisers, can only leave your contact for everyone to see and try to do a swap on those post-it. Personally I find it a hassle to meet up and exchange before the race. Despite looking at the size chart (the measurement is usually accurate when i register for other races), i also got a singlet that's one size too big, mainly its the cutting at the arm hole that's too big. :(

Probably i'll still wear it, what are the chances of finding a XS tshirt now? More airy at the arms during the run..

Thinking to park at City Hall and take train to Start Point Orchard.

End Point at Padang, and I can change into my slippers.

Feasible ?

past 2 years i've been parking at Plaza Sing.. very near to start point.. just that end point walk back sibei siong :D

I always entered near Wheelock ....

is there another entry point closer to Taka for the blue bibs ?

Can try Funan. Not many people knows about it and all jam packed at Raffles City. So should have ample lots there still.

Yah, I took and while the helper was searching for my bid, I saw its just road closure, folded the brochure and put it back lolz..

I was at race expo around 4pm and no queue too..

You are right. It's just the road closures.

Came back to the expo just now just to collect that baggage plastic bag...

Anyway, I bought more adidas stuff from the expo. The supernova singlet and shirt (with that SCMS logo) is very comfortable to wear. ;)

I find that the event singlet size is very accurate based on the size chart provided during registration. Though the adidas size is probably different from other brands, if one has taken the effort to use the size chart to compare with the running singlet he/she is wearing, there should be no issue ordering the correct size.

Hey everyone. A question here.

Is there a very specific set of rules for baggage deposit on race day? Have been reading a lot about this baggage plastic bag, but I don't have one. Does that mean I'm not allowed to bring a bag? If I ask them at the expo, would I be able to get a baggage plastic bag?

Anyway, I bought more adidas stuff from the expo. The supernova singlet and shirt (with that SCMS logo) is very comfortable to wear. ;)

Did you have to queue all over again?

Is there a very specific set of rules for baggage deposit on race day? Have been reading a lot about this baggage plastic bag, but I don't have one. Does that mean I'm not allowed to bring a bag? If I ask them at the expo, would I be able to get a baggage plastic bag?

20wibSQ.jpg

Some tots and observations before the race:

1) talked to pacers, they will do even pacing, so going to be a tough 4/5km towards the end for those following pacers.

2) design of the pace band is a bit strange, timing of the first few km will be invisible if use the self adhesive.

3) no finisher tee size on the bib, guess some sizes will run out fast

4) locations of water points are inconsistent between those on the race route on website and those on the apps, will bring my own water bottle and gels anyway

5) no lit on the stretch beside the lagoon when I test ran last Sunday, should be bright enough when average runners reach there

Thanks Johnatton!

Eh I never got this though. So do I have to go back to the expo tomorrow and ask them for one? Will I be entitled to one?

Pris, u are not the only one having this issue. A lot of people missed out on this because #1 volunteers not briefed properly #2 stupid layout #3 stupid arrangement #4 poor communications.

According to the replies from Facebook, the race organiser will be making further announcement on this but I think they will probably allowed you to bag even if you do not have an baggage bag. It just that you will have to fill in the required information on the spot and that will take time.

This was what happened last yr and you can bet it will happened this yr. Last yr a lot of people dun bother to fill in the information required on the bag (it was printed on the bag itself not a separate form) and so that was why the bag deposit take so long. I think this yr with so many people who missed collecting the bag, I think the queue will be even longer.

Speaking of finisher tee, dalston has made a valid observation. Is there a need to downsize adidas tee-shirt? I dun rem seeing any measurement for the finisher tee. Anyone with past adidas finisher tee can advise? Or can we just stick to the same size we select for the singlet?

Did you have to queue all over again?

Nope. There's a special separate booth called "Baggage".

Yes you can. it's at the same counter as the checking of bibs. They just give to anyone who ask for them.

Eh I never got this though. So do I have to go back to the expo tomorrow and ask them for one? Will I be entitled to one?

If you want to be super kiasu I suppose you can but here is the reply from the race organiser on this issue:

Just to keep you all updated, we're working on a solution so that runners like yourself will have access to the baggage services and plastic bag needed, with the least hassle possible on your end. We seek your kind understanding with this and will keep you posted once we have confirmed the plan

I read through the comments in SCMS facebook..

they dont provide size exchange but they setup a "shirt swapping" counter for runners..

i suggest after collection head to the toilet to try the singlet, if the size is way too big (or too small) u can return to the swapping counter directly..

instead of trying and home and need to go all the way back to expo again.. =.=

Collection is at Expo right? There are plenty of toilets to try, so better to try on the spot and exchange if need to. Most race pack collection there will be an information counter and likely they will be obliged to exchange for u.

My concern now is the finisher tee... Can't try on after the race where whole body is sweaty..try Liao they might not want to exchange for u... Bring home try also sian to go all the way to the organizer office to change...

Sign up time didn't realize its Adidas this time.. Hence choose L size... But experience from KOTR tells me their L is really one size bigger than other brands.. Hopefully my tee will fit just nice. Btw any sample to try at REPC?

Don't think theres sample to try ,but I saw someone's commented on fb that he received the finisher t instead of singlet inside his race pack..

since theres no finisher T size indicated on the bib, you can try to downsize to M for the fininsher tee when u finished the race