Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

thanks for the writeup Pris.... the coloured bands are quite unique.... meaning u will know that the runner running besides me now is staying in the same area as me.....hahah.... maybe its a way to strike a conversation......

runner ... running beside you ... strike conversation ???

run lah ... talk so much comes the reply then u know LOL

but what's the motive behind the wristband ???

knowing the runners from which area of SG ...

why they wanna have a competition based on zones ?

or they wanna attract heartlanders enthusiasm ?

just reroute the routes to various hearltands ...

taking turns each year since it's not possible to cover all in one race ...

but knowing them, it'll only happen if they have to salvage this event due to dwindling numbers ....

And if anyone is keen to know more about the three-day extravaganza that awaits runners at the SCMS race pack expo starting tomorrow, here it is.

Link: http://www.prischew.com/running/scms-2014-racepack-expo/

engraving for first 200 runners ...

how many non-elite class FM even stand a chance ???

like this :

just reroute the routes to various hearltands ...

taking turns each year since it's not possible to cover all in one race ...

Jas007...ReAwakened...

"but know i must not be carried away by race adrenaline as i had the past 2 years !

shall remind myself constantly ... race starts after 30KM !!!"

fbxfzs.gif

Yo! Uncle's back and did the honor of posting the '3 days left' countdown today hehe :punk:

Will you be running at SCMS too??

adidas Running Ambassador and three-hour marathoner, Melvin Wong, shared some interesting running tips at some of the 'Run with Pacers' sessions in the build-up to SCMS this year. I wrote up a blog post on some of the last minute advice that he had said to the runners at the session.

if you're interested, link below. :)

Link: http://www.prischew.com/running/scms-2014-tips-melvin-wong/

Judging from the SCMS fb post, long queue now.. Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better?

From previous SCMS race pack collection experience, the first day is always the most crowded and long waiting time.

If you want shorter and faster race pack collection, you can come on the last day since most people will have collected theirs on the first two days. Not too sure on the second day race pack collection day's crowd.

From previous SCMS race pack collection experience, the first day is always the most crowded and long waiting time.

If you want shorter and faster race pack collection, you can come on the last day since most people will have collected theirs on the first two days. Not too sure on the second day race pack collection day's crowd.

Wow. SCMS runners are really so 'on.' Raining so heavily this morning and they still heading down to the race expo.

Judging from the SCMS fb post, long queue now.. Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better?

Only kan cheong spiders or those that cannot collect on the last 2 days will rush to collect on Day 1. I usually only turn up to collect my race packs for all events on the last day. No queues, and you walk in like a boss!! LOL

Wahhhhh.....look at the queue building up inside the hall :startle: . So many people took leave to collect race packs on a Thursday morning??

1508609_798640000182910_6816657643774813

Only kan cheong spiders or those that cannot collect on the last 2 days will rush to collect on Day 1. I usually only turn up to collect my race packs for all events on the last day. No queues, and you walk in like a boss!! LOL

U r right that collection on e last day n u can walk like a boss! Did tat a few times...

Anyway if most attended first day n likely to spend more during e expo.. Alot of promo going on...

U r right that collection on e last day n u can walk like a boss! Did tat a few times...

Anyway if most attended first day n likely to spend more during e expo.. Alot of promo going on...

I dont dare to walk too much on the day before the race..Save the legs. And must try to sleep early. So usually I will go 2nd day (let the organisers work out any problems from the first day first).

I was there today around 11:30.. very fast.. within 7-10mins my turn already... cant remember last year but this year it's same booth for all race types..

most 'scary' part is near the Exit.. 1 whole bunch of Prudential agents there... i was having my earphones on and ignore them on the way out.

this year singlet looks like this btw;

zx4ml2.jpg

Any good lobangs from other exhibitors ?

The stall selling gel very cartoon... it was labelling 4 for $10.... but i didnt want to buy 4 so i ask then 1 how much? i was expecting maybe $3.. but the reply was $2.50..

other than tat bought the 2XU calf sleeve for $62.. not sure cheap or not but buy to try this year cos last year at later part of 30km my calf threaten to cramp badly.

Haha...u disturbing the stall selling the gels !

2XU Calf sleeves ah....I would think Compressport Calf sleeves, these days they have booth everywhere, if you buy at the booth is cheaper.

Compressport now lowering their price during race pack collection events....no longer their steep atas pricing as before.

Any good lobangs from other exhibitors ?

The stall selling gel very cartoon... it was labelling 4 for $10.... but i didnt want to buy 4 so i ask then 1 how much? i was expecting maybe $3.. but the reply was $2.50..

other than tat bought the 2XU calf sleeve for $62.. not sure cheap or not but buy to try this year cos last year at later part of 30km my calf threaten to cramp badly.

Thinking to park at City Hall and take train to Start Point Orchard.

End Point at Padang, and I can change into my slippers.

Feasible ?

Thinking to park at City Hall and take train to Start Point Orchard.

End Point at Padang, and I can change into my slippers.

Feasible ?

past 2 years i've been parking at Plaza Sing.. very near to start point.. just that end point walk back sibei siong :D

pack collection - 2pm, very well organized. In and out in 15 minutes.

did u meet those Prudential people at the exit there?

What is the weather forecast for this Sunday morning?

Happen to google at www.accuweather.com and found out that this coming Sunday 7-8am there will be thunder storms ...

Dunno how accurate ... but looking at past few days including today, seems the raining possibilities are there ...

7-8am probably majority runners have covered at least 15-25 km and approaching or already into ECP ...

What is the weather forecast for this Sunday morning?

Happen to google at www.accuweather.com and found out that this coming Sunday 7-8am there will be thunder storms ...

Dunno how accurate ... but looking at past few days including today, seems the raining possibilities are there ...

7-8am probably majority runners have covered at least 15-25 km and approaching or already into ECP ...

To run half of the FM in the rain also no joke :(

Wife collected on my behalf.. She told me que is short. Collected within 10 min.

Maxi gel having good promo. Free a race belt when u buy $12 (6pcs)!

Always wanted a race belt for my tri race but find it too exp!