Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

The pacers should be running at even splits, I train with them quite often. Now the question is how to squeeze right to the front so that I can start with pacers? Dont think I will risk catching up and spend too much effort in doing so..

simple .

go early n go in once pen opens

last year NS line from Yew Tee started only after 3am iirc

and it wasn't on time nor in line with the 15 mins interval

by the time I got to the venue n the Wisma toilet Q

the pens were already opened

worst still they already barricaded the blue n red bibs

I made my way to the front of only the red bib ....

security held the chains on both ends

I cheong to the blue section when I decided to follow a few before n together with me ....

dun intend to do so ....

as I plan to get there early this time ard

but am subjected to the first train fro my place yet again I guss

That's why not easy to go in once pen open leh.. I also took a train to Orchard last year, by the time I settle baggage and went to toilet, cant even see where the start line was, just hoards of people in front of me.

Not sure if anyone had posted this before, but I just saw an Adidas FB post that you can win free 10k & 21k slots by posting pics of yourselves in SCMS apparel... But you'll need to post your pics within today.

https://touch.facebook.com/adidasSG/photos/a.205695142803075.48122.176430169062906/795715340467716/?type=1&source=46&fs=5

... For those who had still not signed up, and don't mind joining.

The pacers should be running at even splits, I train with them quite often. Now the question is how to squeeze right to the front so that I can start with pacers? Dont think I will risk catching up and spend too much effort in doing so..

simple .

go early n go in once pen opens

last year NS line from Yew Tee started only after 3am iirc

and it wasn't on time nor in line with the 15 mins interval

by the time I got to the venue n the Wisma toilet Q

the pens were already opened

worst still they already barricaded the blue n red bibs

I made my way to the front of only the red bib ....

security held the chains on both ends

I cheong to the blue section when I decided to follow a few before n together with me ....

dun intend to do so ....

as I plan to get there early this time ard

but am subjected to the first train fro my place yet again I guss

That's why not easy to go in once pen open leh.. I also took a train to Orchard last year, by the time I settle baggage and went to toilet, cant even see where the start line was, just hoards of people in front of me.

this year must be smarter ...

take earliest train ...

dun use baggage drop (i have yet to use one yet at mass events)

use other toilets ... not the Wisma one !

dun dally going into the holding area ...

once in race pens ... move fast to get to the front !

last year i relak relak ... soak in atmosphere ... then i see people running here and there ...

some even running towards Taka on the sidewalk when everyone else was heading in the opposite direction ...

some even desperate enuff to want to jump over the rails to cut Q for entering the race pen (not from red to blue sections) ....

lols

one best way to beat the Q. take the last train to town and then camp there.

:lol:

no need sleep ......... will feel like u doing SDM ! lol

I think SCM is the only event that we can take train at such early timing.....

that partly explains the high cost that we are paying even as loyal past participants and early birds......

SCM is the only event which involve Sg sport council mah --> link to gov..... or rather it is call Active Sg.. or something like tat...

that partly explains the high cost that we are paying even as loyal past participants and early birds......

It is also known as the Singapore Marathon...

Baggage collection at Singapore flyer area...now thinking how to run with only phone and EZlink card only...

Baggage collection at Singapore flyer area...now thinking how to run with only phone and EZlink card only...

I buy the armbands which can fit my fat phone. I'll keep the ezlink there too.

It was at the around the same area last year.. It was at F1 racing pit. It is consider quite a walk especially u just done a FM. I will still prefer to change running tee and slipper on the way home after e run..

It would also really surprise me if Padang is laid with plastic cover instead of having to wade in mud after the run. This is one feedback that I just know the organizers are going to ignore.

It was at the around the same area last year.. It was at F1 racing pit. It is consider quite a walk especially u just done a FM. I will still prefer to change running tee and slipper on the way home after e run..

No lah. Its at the Float not the Spore Flyer or F1 pit building which is a lot further.

Actually its not too bad a walk from the Padang to the Float. Not so bad to take a slow crabby walk to the Float after a FM.

Yep, i will try to take the earliest train there, but dont think I can skip baggage deposit.