Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

a number of years ago ,

they tried once, pens for every hour with different bibs colour according to your expected timing.

But it didnt work out well.

I think you know why ....

People grossly underestimated their timing?

U guys are funny ^^

Last year cos SCM HM slot was full, I flew to Cambodia to attempt my 2nd HM race of my life.

Still an exciting 1st timer for SCMS. ^^

a number of years ago ,

they tried once, pens for every hour with different bibs colour according to your expected timing.

Which edition of the SCMS was that? I didn't really recall different start corrals for the event. For different corrals to work, the race participants must have the integrity to follow their race corral

Instead of having different colour bibs, race organisers can use letter grouping (i.e. "A" to "C" bibs for the elites & below 3 hours timing followed by subsequent letters i.e. "D" to any letter desired onwards for different timings) and enforce the corral groups on actual race day.

I saw this from google images of race bibs with letter corrals from overseas races such as Phuket, Chicago, Berlin, Tokyo and Stan Chart KL 2011 edition etc. But I don't think this is happening in SCMS yet.

Back to topic,it is tapering period now and stay injury free for the actual event.

Dun they have it last yr as well? Sub 5 and above 5? And they were different entrances for different colour bibs. But yeah integrity is always an issue.

SCMS2013-01_zps5f52769a.jpg

a number of years ago ,

Which edition of the SCMS was that? I didn't really recall different start corrals for the event. For different corrals to work, the race participants must have the integrity to follow their race corral

Instead of having different colour bibs, race organisers can use letter grouping (i.e. "A" to "C" bibs for the elites & below 3 hours timing followed by subsequent letters i.e. "D" to any letter desired onwards for different timings) and enforce the corral groups on actual race day.

I saw this from google images of race bibs with letter corrals from overseas races such as Phuket, Chicago, Berlin, Tokyo and Stan Chart KL 2011 edition etc. But I don't think this is happening in SCMS yet.

Back to topic,it is tapering period now and stay injury free for the actual event.

It was a number of years ago,

and i cant be bothered to trace back.

But Yes they did have Different Colour Bibs.

The short version is that many people grossly underestimated their timing or just stated a timing so that they can start walking from the front.

Yes they were walking from the start.

i and my friends who are not fast runners saw so many of this kind of people as we slowly pass them by.

anybody ran with the pacers? what is their pacing strategy? 5-10s faster than the average pace to save for the long slope at the end? still undecided whether to follow the pacers or just run my own race.

anybody ran with the pacers? what is their pacing strategy? 5-10s faster than the average pace to save for the long slope at the end? still undecided whether to follow the pacers or just run my own race.

Despite what they may claim, they definitely do not start at even pace. They start way faster than that. I would suggest you do your own pace and catch up with them later on in the race. Much later.

When I ran with the 4:00 pacers in 2012, they seemed to run very even splits. I only caught up with them around 8km (I started about a minute after flag off) and I only stuck with them till 30km before moving ahead, therefore I cannot say much about the initial 8km or last 12km. I did overhear them saying around 28km that they were a just two seconds behind pace though (two seconds behind for the 28km thus far, not per km).

Back in 2012, there were paced runs organized by TeamBMW. During those sessions (the longest being 30km) when I followed the same 4:00 pacers, they were very much on pace - though that was along loops of a flat 3km section of ECP.

I'm afraid I've no experience with pacers this year. However, I am certain running with decently accurate pacers is more enjoyable than running alone. I'd suggest using a pace band (or something of that sort) while trying to stick with the pacers. If they seem to be passing the distance markers too quickly/slowly (bear in mind they aim for their stated gun time, not nett time), feel free to drop off a little or speed up :)

This year I ran with Newton Runners, even split. Other races I just ran on my own & uses the pacers to pressure me to keep up.

Hi,

I'm looking to let go of my 10k race slot due to work. Last minute activation. Any interested parties, text me at 90073006

Thank you!

The pacers should be running at even splits, I train with them quite often. Now the question is how to squeeze right to the front so that I can start with pacers? Dont think I will risk catching up and spend too much effort in doing so..

usually i will spend quite a few km to chase them..... sometimes i will jus check on the distance i am away from them and ensure that i keep to the same dist.... cause i go by nett time... not gun time.....

The pacers should be running at even splits, I train with them quite often. Now the question is how to squeeze right to the front so that I can start with pacers? Dont think I will risk catching up and spend too much effort in doing so..

simple .

go early n go in once pen opens

simple .

Last year I was just behind the pacers. I followed the even pace but only caught up with them after 10km. Perhaps they started too enthusiastically.

simple .

Last year I was just behind the pacers. I followed the even pace but only caught up with them after 10km. Perhaps they started too enthusiastically.

Yes, i realised some group of pacers would start off slightly faster... this is to allow themselves to be able to have some buffer time at the end... this is ok as long as they tell the people around them on their strategy.... orelse those who are not used to the faster pace might also get carried away and hit the wall..

Sadly, have to give up my FM slot due to injury. Tee is Male M size.

PM me if interest. Thanks!

Good news.. train services gonna start as early as 2.40am

Yeah, i saw the notice on the TV monitors in the train stations today. Nice!!

last year NS line from Yew Tee started only after 3am iirc

and it wasn't on time nor in line with the 15 mins interval

by the time I got to the venue n the Wisma toilet Q

the pens were already opened

worst still they already barricaded the blue n red bibs

I made my way to the front of only the red bib ....

security held the chains on both ends

I cheong to the blue section when I decided to follow a few before n together with me ....

dun intend to do so ....

as I plan to get there early this time ard

but am subjected to the first train fro my place yet again I guss