Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

There's no need to rush. Personally I dun think its worth joining SCMS just for 10K. So if you are not ready to run a HM this yr, my suggestion would be to continue with your training and do the FM next yr.

Between now and next yr, you can try attempting a HM distance. 2XU HM would be a good place to start. There will be other HM you can consider like Run350 and Sundown Marathon.

Of cos if you want to soak in the race atmosphere, and/or you are a member of Medals Hunter United, then just do it!

After reading your post i feel like joining SCMS 10K although it's 65 bucks now. This will be my first SCMS if I join.

Hmm, actually if you really want the chance to meet and take selfie with Haile at the starting line, the $65 it's worth it. That photo will be priceless if you manage to get it. :)

Yesterday, the second session of the Run with the Pacers took place. These are training runs leading up to the SCMS race, for HM and FM runners.

This session comprised of a two hour run. Distances ranged from 15km, 18km and 21km depending on the full marathon pace group that runners had decided to join.

It was a very scenic training run, taking place at Suntec City and running through sights such as the Singapore Sports Hub, Gardens by the Bay and the Marina Barrage.

Click the link below to find out how the training session went for me. :)

http://www.prischew.com/running/scms-2014-run-with-the-pacers/

Pris, I saw you before the run! But I was slow and only did 15km in that timed run...

How come I domt know abt the runs siah... arrrgh. Nvm. Next time then. So many run events and training runs. Lol

According to SCMS website, they have three more of these coming up in Nov.. One from Adidas MBS, one from Adidas Suntec and the last one is in the east starting at Adidas Parkway Parade.

Pris, I saw you before the run! But I was slow and only did 15km in that timed run...

How come I domt know abt the runs siah... arrrgh. Nvm. Next time then. So many run events and training runs. Lol

According to SCMS website, they have three more of these coming up in Nov.. One from Adidas MBS, one from Adidas Suntec and the last one is in the east starting at Adidas Parkway Parade.

Akane, you saw me?? Which one was you???

Hi everyone,

Anyone been to the Run in my hub held every wednesday by SCMS? How is it like? Im thinking of going to the Sengkang one this week but not sure if its the 22nd or 23rd as both dates are printed in the PDF handbook and running community activities page respectively.

Hi everyone,

Anyone been to the Run in my hub held every wednesday by SCMS? How is it like? Im thinking of going to the Sengkang one this week but not sure if its the 22nd or 23rd as both dates are printed in the PDF handbook and running community activities page respectively.

Hey there. I've been to the one in Pasir Ris. Overall I would say it's a pretty good 5km run and is generally quite well organised.

You can take a look at my Run in my Hub experience here. http://www.prischew.com/running/scms-run-in-my-hub-pasir-ris/

Think the Sengkang one sounds like it's on 23 October according to marathonsingapore.com. :)http://www.marathonsingapore.com/running-community/

After reading your post i feel like joining SCMS 10K although it's 65 bucks now. This will be my first SCMS if I join.

i agreed with other's opinion... if u want to do 10k, there is other races which will give u much better race experience... 10km route is just a squeezing parade..

LoneWolf's suggestion is good...

Normal registration closing on 31 Oct....

And additional $20 charge for late registration hor.... <<< something new

SCMS14-Registration-Closure-visual-960x3

Can see how unpopular is this race -.-"

Max - Too late lah, next year or next next year then :turned:

next next year !!! U ah !!!

Normal registration closing on 31 Oct....

And additional $20 charge for late registration hor.... <<< something new

:money: Full marks to Spectrum Worldwide for innovative way to squeeze yet more money out of the event! :goodjob:

If those last min ones, will have to pay the price below

FM $ 95 + $20 = $115 :startle:

10km = $85

Kids = $45

$115!!! Might as well join overseas run Liao

Which overseas run allow you to travel and run for just $115? Maybe Sundown JB HM?

i think what he is trying to imply is that for $115, might as well go for a oversea run which costs abt $115 but is a total new experience rather than pay $115 and run in SG..

I've got a feeling that after 31 October, Spectrum Worldwide will come up with additional promo fees to attract last minute sign ups to fill up the slots. Many would hold back from signing up now due to the expensive fees. Those that paid exorbitant fees to sign up before 31 October will definitely be fuming if they really do that :angry: .