Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

Some great SCMS tips here, by Mok Ying Ren and his younger sister, Mok Ying Rong.

I asked them a few questions about running injuries, and they gave some very informative and useful responses for runners, to help them prepare for the SCMS this December.

Link Here.

Hope that these tips from the Mok running siblings are helpful to guys here. :)

Hi have some question to ask. My first time register in SCMS 21k run. Notice that last year the starting point will be at sentosa. Maybe this year still the same. Can I ask if I drive. I have to park the car at starting point or at end point?

I wont be driving just because the start and end point is so far apart.

Either way could works; depending on your preference. Since the MRT train will be running, you can either park at the start pt and then take a train later to Vivo; or park at the end pt and take a train to the start pt at Harboufront.

Thank all. Most likely I won't drive I might take a cab down.

One more question, what about out bag? We deposit at the staring point. They will help us bring to end point?

The MRT will be running early from 0300 IIRC. So you can take the MRT to race site. Of cos if you are feeling rich, then by all means, take the cab!

Yeah. They will bring the bag to the end pt. But I hope you have opted for baggage deposit during race registration. You will be given a big bag during race pack collection. Without this bag, you wont be able to deposit your bag.

Five years already with the new introduction of never before experience of different starting points with new born of SCMS involved unnecessary logistics, money and not earth friendly (singing opposite tune with NTUC Run 350 Green initiative) !

I hope next year the SCMS organizer can revert back to SCSM era with close proximity of starting (esplanade bridge) and ending point (Merdeka padang) for the convenience of the mass of runners and the supporters !

Dear friends...does anyone knows when is the last date of registration ? Due to work commitement, i can't confirm if i can go for it...so it would be nice to know when is the last date of registration ?

From FAQ >> All registration will end on 11 October 2014.

Injured in the last tri event then fall sick.... i still not have register yet.... But very surprised this year registration for the shorter category is stil not fully sold... response is poorer this year...

either ppl have enough of Sg SCM or the first timers are getting lesser...

Injured in the last tri event then fall sick.... i still not have register yet.... But very surprised this year registration for the shorter category is stil not fully sold... response is poorer this year...

I believe it's the new registration pricing system that's the cause.

i second that.....

I am quite surprised at the registrations being much slower this year too...but since they already removed the real time take up rates the numbers might not be as bad as we thought or far off from previous years.

If there has been indeed a drop, the new pricing model definitely played a part in it, but it is also a clearer sign that more runners are moving away from SCMS due to poor experiences from previous years.

i second that.....

Half marathon slots have just been sold out according to their website.

With 2XU and sundown also organising a FM and some other runs (AHM, marina run, straits times run at the hub etc) with the HM distance, there's other choices throughout the year if people want to do the HM/FM distance, perhaps there's one reason for the slower takeup rate nowadays.