Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

@ pris, haha thanks for the kind words ...

but i'm hardly seasoned .... only act one :P

i think you've done more races/events than i have

today's is only my 11th !

I think she meant you have been running races longer than many of us. But then again I just realised (from your signature) that excluding the Mobile Marathon in 1991, your recently racing experience is quite similar to some of us.

Only 11?? That does not seems to gel with the perception. That less than the 16 I did last yr. This yr I have participated/sign u for 19 races, I wont be surprise if I sign up for one more to make it 20. :)

told u i not seasoned ! :lol:

after '91 ... i took a long long break from running (hence, The ReAwakened Runner)

sure i did some light jogging prior to 2012 ...

but i've never gone over 5-10 KM since my first FM in 91 ! (come to think of it, i dun think i've gone beyond 2.4KM on my own lol)

For some reason, I have always seen Jas as one of the well-respected and more famous Sg Runners forummers with a wealth of running experience at his fingertips and plenty of tips to share and distribute to others. Haha, perhaps it is the type of things that you say here.

Your only 11 events somehow seems to be a little hard for me to get my head round...

hey hey ... thanks ! but i only joined 30 Sep 2012 !!!

i have known about SGRunners forum before that ... but i wasn't seriously running

prior to joining (i joined bcos i signed up for SCMS 2012 on the last day of early bird i think ... and joined the forum to source for info) ... i was still running in some cheap Adidas shoes i bought from Queensway (clearance section)

and prior to that, i was running in of all shoes ... Futsal boots !!! i figured if they could run all day long in these on hard court, so could i use it for running lol

my last decent pairs of shoes were (many years before they died) ... Nike Air Hurache (i used in '91 FM) and Nike Air Max (during NS days)

no own proper running shoes think from '93 until that cheap Adidas [worst ... it was meant for pronators which i hadn't even heard of that term hahahaha]

for reservist IPPT .. i just used the SAF issued ones which i absolutely detested cos design NOT NICE !!! :lol:

love him or loathe him ... i am thankful i had the chance to correspond on this forum with KPP !

he gave me a lot of insights and broaden my still somewhat limited knowledge

in his absence (dun ask why) ... i kinda 'swore' that i would stick around and help what ever little i can to the newbies ...

so perhaps the likes of yourself Pris might have mistaken my status ...

as for only 11 ... since my first (officially 2nd) 2012 SCMS ... its bcos i was down some months after Dec 2012 ... injury(1 mth) from the one i already picked up few days before the FM, and then shingles (1 month) when i tried to get back running sooner than i shld and was blessed with shingles to teach me a lesson hahaha !

also bcos i was picky for events (to put it nicely ... if bluntly ... then i'm a cheapskate lol)

@ pris, haha thanks for the kind words ...

but i'm hardly seasoned .... only act one :P

i think you've done more races/events than i have

today's is only my 11th !

I think she meant you have been running races longer than many of us. But then again I just realised (from your signature) that excluding the Mobile Marathon in 1991, your recently racing experience is quite similar to some of us.

Only 11?? That does not seems to gel with the perception. That less than the 16 I did last yr. This yr I have participated/sign u for 19 races, I wont be surprise if I sign up for one more to make it 20. :)

told u i not seasoned ! :lol:

after '91 ... i took a long long break from running (hence, The ReAwakened Runner)

sure i did some light jogging prior to 2012 ...

but i've never gone over 5-10 KM since my first FM in 91 ! (come to think of it, i dun think i've gone beyond 2.4KM on my own lol)

For some reason, I have always seen Jas as one of the well-respected and more famous Sg Runners forummers with a wealth of running experience at his fingertips and plenty of tips to share and distribute to others. Haha, perhaps it is the type of things that you say here.

Your only 11 events somehow seems to be a little hard for me to get my head round...

hey hey ... thanks ! but i only joined 30 Sep 2012 !!!

i have known about SGRunners forum before that ... but i wasn't seriously running

prior to joining (i joined bcos i signed up for SCMS 2012 on the last day of early bird i think ... and joined the forum to source for info) ... i was still running in some cheap Adidas shoes i bought from Queensway (clearance section)

and prior to that, i was running in of all shoes ... Futsal boots !!! i figured if they could run all day long in these on hard court, so could i use it for running lol

my last decent pairs of shoes were (many years before they died) ... Nike Air Hurache (i used in '91 FM) and Nike Air Max (during NS days)

no own proper running shoes think from '93 until that cheap Adidas [worst ... it was meant for pronators which i hadn't even heard of that term hahahaha]

for reservist IPPT .. i just used the SAF issued ones which i absolutely detested cos design NOT NICE !!! :lol:

love him or loathe him ... i am thankful i had the chance to correspond on this forum with KPP !

he gave me a lot of insights and broaden my still somewhat limited knowledge

in his absence (dun ask why) ... i kinda 'swore' that i would stick around and help what ever little i can to the newbies ...

so perhaps the likes of yourself Pris might have mistaken my status ...

as for only 11 ... since my first (officially 2nd) 2012 SCMS ... its bcos i was down some months after Dec 2012 ... injury(1 mth) from the one i already picked up few days before the FM, and then shingles (1 month) when i tried to get back running sooner than i shld and was blessed with shingles to teach me a lesson hahaha !

also bcos i was picky for events (to put it nicely ... if bluntly ... then i'm a cheapskate lol)

I see... So that's your SG Runners story. :)

For some reason or other, still don't think that would change my initial impression that I got of you, though haha. You're always so ready to help out and share whatever information on running that you have with everyone, and that's a really good thing. :)

For some reason or other, still don't think that would change my initial impression that I got of you, though haha. You're always so ready to help out and share whatever information on running that you have with everyone, and that's a really good thing. :)

oh you're so sweet and so kind!

thank you very much pris :)

oh you're so sweet and so kind!

thank you very much pris :)

You're welcome... Thanks for the compliments...

Hmm.. think i saw KPP in JRL forum? Not sure if its him or someone using the same nick..

Back to SCMS, anyone signed up with U Premium credits? I utilised my last credit for SCMS FM but they havent ask us to complete the registration yet, they only did it late Sept last year but I'm so worried that slots/vest sizes will run out soon..

Does anyone received this puzzling email today from the SCMS organizer ?

Not sure is it sent to everyone or those pass years runners yet to register !

Dear "Your Name",
We've noticed that you began registration for the Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014 but did not complete the process.
Don't miss the chance to take part in Singapore's marquee marathon event, with the unique opportunity to run past the scenic views of Singapore's iconic landmarks.
Some categories are still open, so ensure you complete your registration now!
We look forward to seeing you at the start line.
Good luck!
Team SCMS
My initial thought was my initial registration was unsuccessful many months back ! My registration is confirmed after verified with the on line "Check Registration Status" and noticed my registration type is priority2 (second class runners ? Officially type were priority+, priority and normal).
Then second thought came to my mind, does it mean the SCMS registration slots have not fully fill up ? The "real time" registration status bars no longer there so no way to verify the take up rate !

Yesterday, SCMS invited some experts to give a talk on fuelling and nutrition to prepare runners for the race.

The experts were Jon Fong of Journey Fitness and Jaclyn Reutens, a dietician at Aptima Nutrition and Sports Consultants.

They shared plenty of useful tips with runners about food intake, dietary needs, carbo-loading, as well as what to consume for the pre-race meal and during the race itself - to ensure optimum race performance.

I blogged about everything, to provide some information for runners who may not have been able to make it down to this talk, as well as for those who attended, but wish to refresh their knowledge. Click the link to find out more.

Link Here.

I got the email too, went to click around to see if there's still tee of my size left or not.. I guess they captured my incomplete registration from there. But I'm still waiting for confirmation from U premium.. Boo hoo..

Got me excited for awhile, I thought I can finally complete the registration.