Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

Aww... actually, I would have liked to have spotted that colourful board at SCMS. And maybe give it an exclusive spot on my blog? :lolu:

not possible ... post race ?

1) not that many SGRunners (not sure how many ... and how many might come forth)

2) all different timings .... so hard to expect ppl to hang ard and wait on others

if pre-race, worst ...

1) different pens

2) jostling for good positions to be near front

3) not enough time

4) race anxiety and stress ... not good for meetups for 1st time ...

i rem SCMS 2012 ...

near the Marina golf course ...

SGRunners founder actually setup a volunteer stand serving out drinks and sng bao i think (ice sticks)

but bcos i so new, i felt awkward stopping over and introducing myself

besides, there were many lao jiaos congregating briefly as i passed

i didn't see them in 2013 ...

not sure if they'd be setting up camp this year ...

It so funny when I read what I posted yesterday about not seeing anyone wearing a sgrunner tee at races; and what do you know? I spotted one bro this morning.

And just in case some of you dun know what I'm talking about, pls click the 'Store' button at the top of the page (just below the SGRunner banner) and see the range of sgrunner tees. I dun recall ever seeing the red tees so I'm guessing that pretty old. I do keep seeing the blue 'Run Hard' tees.

And bro Jas, for the last time its JRL and not JLR! One is a running-centric forum. The other is a race. :pardon:

It so funny when I read what I posted yesterday about not seeing anyone wearing a sgrunner tee at races; and what do you know? I spotted one bro this morning.

And just in case some of you dun know what I'm talking about, pls click the 'Store' button at the top of the page (just below the SGRunner banner) and see the range of sgrunner tees. I dun recall ever seeing the red tees so I'm guessing that pretty old. I do keep seeing the blue 'Run Hard' tees.

And bro Jas, for the last time its JRL and not JLR! One is a running-centric forum. The other is a race. :pardon:

:lol:

how u know it's not by design ^ ^ ... as in on purpose :lol:

but thanks for pointing out ... JLR, not JRL ;):lol:

Sound a interesting idea for e sgrunner sogn board.. But Worst moment is I worry when I intro my own username n no one rember/know...

Same thoughts....

Maybe make your username well known first , like here ? ( I'm not saying I am famous )

I am sure some members here are famous already , like Jas007, prisangel etc

It's not easy to be famous here leh. .. I think as long as any runner move forward , all should be welcome by the members la.. ask friendly lot here...

Hmm, not sure how easy or difficult to be famous here. What I meant is : be active in this forum. Understand that not everyone will be active in here.

But if U really wanna be famous, I guess u got to do something more

Well, like you mentioned above ....

SCMS 2014 .... run 4k, take shortcut .... go water point .... pour water all over to drench yourself in 'perspiration' .... run and cross Finish Point before the elites .... pose in front of photographers ... Collect medal n tee ... n pose some more

surefire way to be famous not just here but whole SG! def outdo last year's rat ! lol

SCMS 2014 .... run 4k, take shortcut .... go water point .... pour water all over to drench yourself in 'perspiration' .... run and cross Finish Point before the elites .... pose in front of photographers ... Collect medal n tee ... n pose some more

surefire way to be famous not just here but whole SG! def outdo last year's rat ! lol

So famous that I actually overheard some runners still talking about this fella today!

Wow. Speak of the devil indeed. :)

Same thoughts....

Maybe make your username well known first , like here ? ( I'm not saying I am famous )

I am sure some members here are famous already , like Jas007, prisangel etc

I'm so touched to be mentioned in the same breath as the seasoned Jas007 with the great sense of humour and who can lighten up any conversation... Just a humble runner-blogger here who is still pretty new to running and has lots to learn. :)

He will always be a topic for runners or even non runners who were trying to strike a topic with me..haa

Yeah, even my non-runner friends talk about him and seem to know all about him.

A really memorable weekend... 4 runs n walks... N a lot of actions n ill health too... Kids, dun go into this lifestyle hahahahaha

Miracle can wake up in time for AHM... Terrible hangover, full of alcohol n hot hot action after color run... (hint- alcohol can cure flu..... But only for awhile)... Made it to start n start was super long.....

N first time ever - vomit during run... (pity did not vomit at last medic station-got gal medic Hahahahaha...) strange - felt so lightheaded n dehydrated during the run, didn't know still got things to vomit Hahahah...

Yes, good route... Got jam, but clear up fast...

Memorable weekend.... Still hangover but gotta work...

A really memorable weekend... 4 runs n walks... N a lot of actions n ill health too... Kids, dun go into this lifestyle hahahahaha

Miracle can wake up in time for AHM... Terrible hangover, full of alcohol n hot hot action after color run... (hint- alcohol can cure flu..... But only for awhile)... Made it to start n start was super long.....

N first time ever - vomit during run... (pity did not vomit at last medic station-got gal medic Hahahahaha...) strange - felt so lightheaded n dehydrated during the run, didn't know still got things to vomit Hahahah...

Wah, U ran with hangover ah !!

You ok or not ? Did you posted wrongly ? Should be posted in AHM ? :turned:

:phew::phew::phew: wow……...

@ pris, haha thanks for the kind words ...

but i'm hardly seasoned .... only act one :P

i think you've done more races/events than i have

today's is only my 11th !

I think she meant you have been running races longer than many of us. But then again I just realised (from your signature) that excluding the Mobile Marathon in 1991, your recently racing experience is quite similar to some of us.

Only 11?? That does not seems to gel with the perception. That less than the 16 I did last yr. This yr I have participated/sign u for 19 races, I wont be surprise if I sign up for one more to make it 20. :)

Wah, U ran with hangover ah !!

You ok or not ? Did you posted wrongly ? Should be posted in AHM ? :turned:

:lol: got me cracking !!!

after reading his post i was quite worried ... and then later ANGRY !

that is terribly irresponsible lor !

now got new term : RWI (Running While Intoxicated)

while i am thankful u r ok ... i was angry bcos had u not made it (sry, but due to own stupidity) i can't help what would go thru the minds of those medics who might be trying to revive you !!!

the memory of failure lives (no pun here) with them !

am quite shock still !

we all know it's bad enough to run when you have fever / flu

it has resulted in people going up the lorry (to heaven)

but with a hangover ... man! that's like the ultimate !

anyway, glad you are ok man !

pls dun do it again lah ! scary !

but at least i got to laugh over it at the end ... bcos u so hung up ... u posted in wrong thread as pointed out by Beepbeep !!! :lol:

I think she meant you have been running races longer than many of us. But then again I just realised (from your signature) that excluding the Mobile Marathon in 1991, your recently racing experience is quite similar to some of us.

Only 11?? That does not seems to gel with the perception. That less than the 16 I did last yr. This yr I have participated/sign u for 19 races, I wont be surprise if I sign up for one more to make it 20. :)

told u i not seasoned ! :lol:

after '91 ... i took a long long break from running (hence, The ReAwakened Runner)

sure i did some light jogging prior to 2012 ...

but i've never gone over 5-10 KM since my first FM in 91 ! (come to think of it, i dun think i've gone beyond 2.4KM on my own lol)

Yeah... Tht Y got disclaimer at start - dun go for this lifestyle... Hahahahaha

Perhaps trying to relive my ns days n life at a saf-ra run... Nite before, happy drinking... Next day chiong-ing up pang San Hill... Must be sanity setting in now tht I am close to half a century.... Hahahahaha

Sorry to all n also safra... Noticed a warning if got fever/cold n hangover, dun go.... Wow... I failed 2 of them... Hahahahaha

Must be cause felt still happy after the most happy run (color run) hahahahaha

Yeah... Tht Y got disclaimer at start - dun go for this lifestyle... Hahahahaha

Perhaps trying to relive my ns days n life at a saf-ra run... Nite before, happy drinking... Next day chiong-ing up pang San Hill... Must be sanity setting in now tht I am close to half a century.... Hahahahaha

Sorry to all n also safra... Noticed a warning if got fever/cold n hangover, dun go.... Wow... I failed 2 of them... Hahahahaha

Must be cause felt still happy after the most happy run (color run) hahahahaha

most happy run ... color run ... given your age ... near 50 ... equating ... DOM !!! :lol:

i spotted a lot of the youngsters and young girls at Marymount MRT on SAT afternoon

all springchicken ... and i cant see myself doing this novelty (?) run (is it really a run) ?

(my bad if it indeed is a serious 5K run ... i'm only assuming that it's not)

do tell what made u so happy ya ... i'm curious lol

told u i not seasoned ! :lol:

after '91 ... i took a long long break from running (hence, The ReAwakened Runner)

sure i did some light jogging prior to 2012 ...

but i've never gone over 5-10 KM since my first FM in 91 ! (come to think of it, i dun think i've gone beyond 2.4KM on my own lol)

For some reason, I have always seen Jas as one of the well-respected and more famous Sg Runners forummers with a wealth of running experience at his fingertips and plenty of tips to share and distribute to others. Haha, perhaps it is the type of things that you say here.

Your only 11 events somehow seems to be a little hard for me to get my head round...