Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Warrior

Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore 2014

Priority slot for 42km all taken up

Nice!! Only normal rates are available from now on for 42km. So it's $95 now!! :startle:

That's pretty surprising! I remember last year, the HM was the fastest selling category followed by 10KM and the FM was the last category to sell out.

May be all the 10km and 21km runners have progressed to 42km.... and lesser people have progressed from 2.4km and 5km.

I have downgraded from 2XU 21km to 10km for Sundown/SAFRA/SCM. 10km is the sweet spot for now. Anything longer is too boring and takes up too much training time. I might even reduce to 5-8km and be out of the running scene soon if this trend continue. 5-8km is just nice for keeping fit and not spending too much time on running.

Shall evaluate after this year.

Running is actually supposed to be leisurely and fun. If training for a much longer distance is taking too much personal time and commitment to a point that it becomes a chore, then it defeats the purpose. Good that you find out what's the best for yourself, and not jump onto the bandwagon just because everyone is doing it. To each, his own :thumbsu:

I agree. If you do not enjoy the running, there is no point doing so. Whatever distance suits you best, and is the most worthy for you, it is your choice. Nobody will hold it against you or anything. :)

i have also downgraded from my last 6 yrs with SCMS on FM to HM this year.... to each his own like what jerrylam mentioned, i felt that its time for me to try out the Sentosa route.... i have started in Orchard road a fair number of times.... so that prompts for a change.....

The Sentosa route is quite nice except for:

1. A bottleneck near the Dolphin lagoon

2. Under ground car park inhaling carbon monoxide from cars and buses

3. The never-ending up-and-down highway from outside Sentosa all the way to the "heart-break" bridge.

I find that there should at least 1 more water point along that highway.

ok... sounds like there are more issues on this route than the FM route... ok i will experience it this year and have a feel of it..... looks like for pointer 3, i may need to do some hill training...hahahh

Now Men's XS and XL running vests out of stock. Will they replenish?!

I sent them an email one week back... no reply.

I guess one of the reason FM is popular this year is because of Adidas finisher T. This is the reason why I signed up for FM again when my original plan was to do a HM. My plan changed when I knew Adidas is back.

Now Men's XS and XL running vests out of stock. Will they replenish?!

I sent them an email one week back... no reply.

I sent them an email one week ago too .. no reply

I registered 42KM Male (XS), but too bad that I cannot make it again (sad).

Want to let go at Priority+ price

Please PM if you r interested.

thanks.

that's pretty unexpected.... its selling faster than the 21k and 10k..... which is quite different from previous years.....

I think the "progress bars" at the Singapore marathon webpage to indicate the numbers of slots sold are misleading.

Firstly, the bars are of equal length, but I am sure they are not equal in quantity of slots. One cat might be moving slower than the others but they are not necessary selling lesser.

Secondly, the lengths of the priority+ slots for each category are very diffferent. The 42km has a much shorter priority bar than the other cats, so there is the disillusion that it is selling out faster.

I have no idea how the sales like this year is, as compared to previous years, but given that it is now 2 weeks since its launch, I would say that it has probably done quite well in attracting many past 21km runners to sign up with them again. The rest of the cats, probably not so good. I also noted that many runners (local and international) are not signing up quickly the 42km cat despite the IAAF gold race label, an indication that past editions have disappointed quite a number of runners whether be it the lack of a fresh route, logistics issues, or whatsoever.

Still worth running the 10km? Cost $65.00 now.

My opinion is no, in terms of runner's entitlements to warrant that price tag.

Their email really no reply one..

i also send them email twice for my personal details amendment.. totally no respond..

Their email really no reply one..

i also send them email twice for my personal details amendment.. totally no respond..

maybe u wanna try FB message

Still worth running the 10km? Cost $65.00 now.

My opinion is no, in terms of runner's entitlements to warrant that price tag.

It's not worthy if we're comparing this with $65 that some of us paid for 42km during the Priority+ registration phase. But comparing this to some of the more expensive gimmick runs that charge runners $50 for a 5km fun run these days, i think this is still better. I'd still recommend this to anyone who wants to soak in the atmosphere and take part in Singapore's marquee running event regardless of distance.

yes.... my reason for running the HM this year (despite running the FM for the past 5yrs.....) is to soak into the atmosphere.....

I just cannot imagine myself lying in bed, resting on the morning of the SCMS race, when I know all Singapore runners falling-in at the ending point.... I know I need to run no matter how pissed I am last year..... hahaha....

Signed up for HM, from last year's 10K. Just for a change of scenery LOL. I just hope I'll survive this one as I'll be running for GEWR's 21K also and I haven't been running for more than 7K lately :startle:

Signed up for HM, from last year's 10K. Just for a change of scenery LOL. I just hope I'll survive this one as I'll be running for GEWR's 21K also and I haven't been running for more than 7K lately :startle:

There's still about 15 weeks to train, so I think should be more than enough time. :D

yes.... my reason for running the HM this year (despite running the FM for the past 5yrs.....) is to soak into the atmosphere.....

I just cannot imagine myself lying in bed, resting on the morning of the SCMS race, when I know all Singapore runners falling-in at the ending point.... I know I need to run no matter how pissed I am last year..... hahaha....

Same here! Regardless of how much misgivings or complains i have about previous years' events, i still cannot accept being at home kicking my own heels on race day knowing that most of my running friends are at SCMS!!! I'd rather run 10km than not running at all hahaha

Just got a reply from them. Sadly, they will not be restocking the XS singlets

"Hi Sam,

We've checked back with our team on this and unfortunately, singlet sizes that have run out of stock will not be restocked. This is due to the overwhelming response faced this year with the influx of registrations. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we will be taking it into consideration for the preparation of our future races.

Once again, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. We hope that you will continue to run with us come December 7th, and wish you a great week ahead nevertheless.

Do let us know if you still have any queries, and we'll do our best to answer them in quick time.

Thank you!"

Same here! Regardless of how much misgivings or complains i have about previous years' events, i still cannot accept being at home kicking my own heels on race day knowing that most of my running friends are at SCMS!!! I'd rather run 10km than not running at all hahaha

You know what? That's exactly how I feel too. I would find myself looking at SCMS runners and news reports with jealousy if I don't run the race at all.

You know what? That's exactly how I feel too. I would find myself looking at SCMS runners and news reports with jealousy if I don't run the race at all.

Like Sundown, SCMS is another local race that is really 'die die must run' due to all the fanfare and coverage associated with them. Like it or not, everyone will be talking, posting, blogging, reporting, gossiping, complaining, raving about the race, good or bad. It'll be weird for a regular runner to not be part of the most hyped and talked about race in Singapore.

"Hi Sam,

We've checked back with our team on this and unfortunately, singlet sizes that have run out of stock will not be restocked. This is due to the overwhelming response faced this year with the influx of registrations. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we will be taking it into consideration for the preparation of our future races.

Once again, we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. We hope that you will continue to run with us come December 7th, and wish you a great week ahead nevertheless.

Do let us know if you still have any queries, and we'll do our best to answer them in quick time.

Thank you!"

Seriously hor, so many ppl wear XS meh? I thought organisor will get to know how many XS,S,M,L,XL,XXL from registration and then place order accordingly, no? :ph34r:;)

"Hi Sam,

Thank you!"

Seriously hor, so many ppl wear XS meh? I thought organisor will get to know how many XS,S,M,L,XL,XXL from registration and then place order accordingly, no? :ph34r:;)

Thanks to Jianxiong for the information.

I find it unacceptable that they can run out of stock so early in the registration. They still have time to do something about it.

I wonder how this will impact the take up of the remaining slots if people cannot get their preferred sizes.

"Hi Sam,

Thank you!"

Thanks to Jianxiong for the information.

I find it unacceptable that they can run out of stock so early in the registration. They still have time to do something about it.

I wonder how this will impact the take up of the remaining slots if people cannot get their preferred sizes.

Just got a Facebook message from them about 5 minutes ago .. Looks like there's possibility of restock

"Hi Sam,

We have received the latest updates from our team and would like to pass on the message to you.

We are aware of the issues being raised by runners with regards to the singlet sizes and are working on it at the moment. While we cannot make any promises about restocking of sizes at the moment, we hope to come back to you and the rest of the runners with an update on the situation as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, we wish you a good week ahead :)"

looks like regular runners have a common mind o

Like Sundown, SCMS is another local race that is really 'die die must run' due to all the fanfare and coverage associated with them. Like it or not, everyone will be talking, posting, blogging, reporting, gossiping, complaining, raving about the race, good or bad. It'll be weird for a regular runner to not be part of the most hyped and talked about race in Singapore.

Looks like regular runners have a common thought in mind...... :thumbsu:

Running out of singlets at registration phase (July only). SCMS IS INDEED "UNIQUE"

Don't quite understand the organizers. Don't tell me they ordered stocks first?

Running out of singlets at registration phase (July only). SCMS IS INDEED "UNIQUE"

Don't quite understand the organizers. Don't tell me they ordered stocks first?

Maybe they have MOQ with their manufacturers? :P